Tony's training partner basically picks Khabib

Tony is going to poo himself when he sees this.

That's what makes it hard to back Tony here. He's older and has been through a fuck ton of wars.

Otherwise these two are dead even. Just 2 monsters leaving it all in the cage.

Yeah, 34 isn't super old but he probably only has 2-3 years of being a top LW before he hits a steep decline. His style just isn't suited for a career that stretches into your late 30's.

People that picked Tony: training partners and friends
People that picked Khabib: everyone, including Tony's training partners and friends.

*Interesting note: Gilbert Burns said he and Tony were the only ones that would beat Khabib. I have long thought that Burns would be a great match up, as he hasn't the most elite BJJ at 155, but Khabib is too good of an MMA fighter to be troubled by the Burns or Tibau's at this point in his evolution and maturity.

kevin lee going with ferguson because his loss would look better if he beat khabib
That's prolly true, I'm the minority on here that thinks tony is gonna work kabib

Peopl that think this will be a close fight thought Aldo and Conor would be a war. This is gonna be some straight mauling, just like every other elite opponent that Khabib has faced and every other opponent since he went to AKA and has become a matured MMA fighter.
barboza is nothing more than a gatekeeper.
who else is elite? bad weight cut rda?

barboza lasted against him
as long as ferguson is in the fight he can find a way to win
ferguson is tough enough to take a beating and come back in the same fight, he's shown this

Yeah, 34 isn't super old but he probably only has 2-3 years of being a top LW before he hits a steep decline. His style just isn't suited for a career that stretches into your late 30's.
Agreed. His crazy work ethic is helping him keep in top shape so hopefully he goes out with a bang over these last few years.

I actually respect him for giving an honest opinion.

Alan is an analyst as well so he's probably trying to look at it from that point of view.

Was going to say the same. Respect the fact that he gave his actual feelings and assessment rather than blindly picking his buddy which happens in almost every similar instance.

I'm pretty sure Cain pretty much picked GSP over Kos though lol...and didn't seem too bummed about doing it.

barboza lasted against him
as long as ferguson is in the fight he can find a way to win
ferguson is tough enough to take a beating and come back in the same fight, he's shown this
Ya cardio here will be interesting, pretty sure like kabib could barely talk being out of breath after the barboza fight. I'll have to re watch that though to be sure

Back