Tony, like Nate, is too crazy for McGregor to f--- w/

Styles make match ups.

Conor doesn't do leg kicks and wrestling, he just throws well timed hands and has good TDD. Tony can't handle that, whereas Nate can cause he's got the boxing, cardio and chin.

At the same time, though, Nate's kryptonite is wrestling and leg kicks which Tony has no problem with. You throw in his butcher's elbows and fact that Nate bleeds easy - I'm fairly convinced Tony would plow through Nate.

But, as far as Conor vs Tony goes - I don't think Tony would make it to Round 2. That's why I'm annoyed by them wanting Nate 3 immediately. Just let Conor defend properly first. It's not gonna be difficult for him.

You're right, Ferguson doesn't have boxing (has outboxed all of his last opponents with his jab), cardio (went five rounds with Dos Anjos at altitude whilst throwing 400 strikes) or chin (notoriously hard-headed and durable, never finished by strikes).

Good points.

If crazy = skilled then Diego Sanchez would be the undefeated GOAT.

You're right, Ferguson doesn't have boxing (has outboxed all of his last opponents with his jab), cardio (went five rounds with Dos Anjos at altitude whilst throwing 400 strikes) or chin (notoriously hard-headed and durable, never finished by strikes).

Good points.
I didn't say Tony doesn't have cardio. But his boxing is worse than Nate's and Conor's and he gets hits by absolutely everyone. You wanna know how him vs Conor would go, just watch the Lando fight, but image Lando having longer reach, more strength and better takedown and striking defense - Tony would've gotten humiliated. And he would get humiliated against Conor if they ever fought.

I didn't say Tony doesn't have cardio. But his boxing is worse than Nate's and Conor's and he gets hits by absolutely everyone. You wanna know how him vs Conor would go, just watch the Lando fight, but image Lando having longer reach, more strength and better takedown and striking defense - Tony would've gotten humiliated. And he would get humiliated against Conor if they ever fought.

McGregor gets hit by everyone too. Alvarez hit him, Diaz hit him a tonne, even Aldo hit him. His defense is not particularly good.

The idea that he would approach the Vannata fight, a short notice opponent switch with a no-namer who he watched no tape on and did no specialized training for, the same as the McGregor fight, the biggest of his career by far, is a pipe dream in a fantasy.

He doesn't have the chin that Nate has though. The shots that Nate ate in round 1 of fight 1 would have smoked most fighters IMO
U probably just started watching tony when he fought Barboza or Lando.

Mmmm, the person that asked the question didn't specify - nor reply - when he asked if Conor fought someone bigger than him in the UFC or any other organization, and I posted he had.

You seem like an obsessed Conor fan, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to have a rough idea if he fought someone else in the same size range than Diaz.
Calling me a Conor fan is offensive. Calling me an obsessed Conor fan is funny.

That's great, but Nate has never consistently beat top Lightweights because the avenues to victory against him have been obvious and exploitable.

McGregor gets credit for coming back after being embarrassed and destroyed, but that's it. As an actual opponent he only gets that much credit for Diaz because he clearly struggled so much in doing it.

Benson Henderson did what he wanted to Nate for 25 mins without getting out of 2nd gear and no one cares. McGregor is on life-support for half the fight and gets hailed as a king.
Lmao exactly. And this is coming from a Diaz fan myself. Nate has always been a game opponent, but since when has he ever been a world beater? The guy has taken so many one sided beatings from top tier LWs. His best win is Cerrone half a decade ago. Nate was seen as nothing more than a gatekeeper/Journeyman before he beat Conor and almost did it again, and now he's this assassin all of a sudden? The fact that people actually think Nate is better than Tony is hilarious. Nate is way overrated by some people.

Dude the only reason tony won is because when the wrestler hurt him on his feet, the wrestler with a glass chin ran into a jab and spent the next 30 seconds recovering instead of going for the kill.

Conor kills him

Watch the Lando fight? Didn't that fight end with Lando bleeding profusely and getting subbed with ease?

Calling me a Conor fan is offensive. Calling me an obsessed Conor fan is funny.

Well, in all seriousness, just from the brief exchange we've had, it does seem that there is some sort of hateful obsession there. Or whatever.

But I find it funny that you said no one cares that Conor fought someone bigger than him 10 years ago in Ireland, yet you bring up the loss to Duffy and the other 'nobody' that beat him - what has bringing that up got to do with if Conor has fought someone else bigger than him?

Someone asked a question, and it was answered, which seemed to cause some weird reactionary reply about Duffy - who you'd know nothing about if he didn't beat Conor and the nobody who also submitted him. Which both fights were held in Ireland.

That's some shifting of the goal posts, sir. {<redford}

Dude the only reason tony won is because when the wrestler hurt him on his feet, the wrestler with a glass chin ran into a jab and spent the next 30 seconds recovering instead of going for the kill.

Conor kills him

I don't think Tony was hurt at all. He was caught with a punch while throwing a kick and had to regain his balance, but quickly recovered enough to drop Lee seconds later with his own left hook as Lee rushed in to attack.

Tony has only seriously been hurt by Vannata, a guy he waded in against stupidly, and paid the consequences for. Johnson and Trujillo knocked him down but those were flash knockdowns, not actual equilibrium-destroying ones. Tony was up and fine instantly from both.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I absolutely think that Conor will get in Tony's head. Tony is crazy but he seems to take things very personally, stepping up to Werdum and doing other weird stuff.

I think he will constantly be blowing his emotional top as Conor jabs at him verbally. I'm not sure if that will relate to the fight but I can't see Tony being all calm and laughing and getting into Conor's head.

It wasn't in the UFC.
Who the hell was bigger than him in Cage warriors?! Most of his fights were at FW. I don't remember anyone being bigger than him. Who are you referring to?

Well, in all seriousness, just from the brief exchange we've had, it does seem that there is some sort of hateful obsession there. Or whatever.

But I find it funny that you said no one cares that Conor fought someone bigger than him 10 years ago in Ireland, yet you bring up the loss to Duffy and the other 'nobody' that beat him - what has bringing that up got to do with if Conor has fought someone else bigger than him?

Someone asked a question, and it was answered, which seemed to cause some weird reactionary reply about Duffy - who you'd know nothing about if he didn't beat Conor and the nobody who also submitted him. Which both fights were held in Ireland.

That's some shifting of the goal posts, sir. {<redford}
It was pretty obvious to me that he was asking about in the ufc. This is a ufc forum. Theres not much discussion about who he beat in "cage warriors". Joe Duffy was brought up because he's the only guy I know that was bigger than him. I didn't bring him up initially because no one gives a shit about cage warriors. However Duffy is a ufc caliber fighter, and another guy Conor took an L to that had a slight height advantage.

Last edited:
]
this guy is crazier therefore he would beat tony...nice logic ts

giphy.gif
he must be tony's sensei.

It was pretty obvious to me that he was asking about in the ufc. This is a ufc forum.

Brah, people make threads and posts that have nothing to do with the UFC all the time here. He has about 10 fights in the UFC - it'd take less than 3 minutes to find out if he fought anyone bigger, longer or taller than him.

Joe Duffy was brought up because he's the only guy I know that was bigger than him

It says Duffy is 5'10 and Conor is 5'9. After Alvarez and Conor squared up before their fight, I'd have to say the folk who measure their height need to get their tape out again.

I didn't bring him up initially because no one gives a shit about cage warriors.

No one cares about Cage Warriors because you don't - okaaaaay.

Back