Tony Hawk lands a 900 at 48 years old

I saw that exact vid in a thread here a couple of years ago.

I wonder how I would do today if I just hopped on a board, not having been on one in 30 years?

You should try it man. I'm going to! I still have my old board and I've jumped on it once in awhile but haven't really skated consistently in like close to 10 years. Last time I was on it I was rusty but still could land a few things. Every time I get on one though I start getting the adrenaline going and I miss that.

I was a huge fan of Habitat and Kerry Getz. I even attempted to get sponsored

I miss skating, but I don’t miss that one asshole pebble on the sidewalk and of course always falling on the same spot on my hip leaving a month long black and green bruise

Vert and street are equally difficult, in my opinion.

I was always a street guy because I grew up in Bama and we just didn't have any ramps around here. My little town in the early 90's had like 30 skaters around here though. We built a bunch of ramps at one point and the city literally came and burned them! lol not joking. They looked at us like criminals. I actually got arrested once for skating. Crazy how much times have changed. And Tony Hawk is a big reason why skating isn't considered criminal like it used to be.

Anyway, I got off on a tangent there, lol. But about street vs vert being harder....imo vert is harder. In street the big stuff like rails and big gaps and stuff is hard. But have you ever dropped in on a 12 ft vert ramp? That shit is scary. I can't imagine what it feels like to get like 15 feet of air and do a mctwist, lol

I was a huge fan of Habitat and Kerry Getz. I even attempted to get sponsored

I miss skating, but I don’t miss that one asshole pebble on the sidewalk and of course always falling on the same spot on my hip leaving a month long black and green bruise

yeah FUCK that one little pebble :mad: lol

This is awesome if you guys haven't seen it. Some of these dudes are over 50 and they can still tear it up! It was great seeing them get those juices flowing again and getting amped up. They said they ended up skating for like 3 hours this day. Out in the hot sun. At 50 freakin years old.

And this is one of the coolest ramps ever made.

You get old when you stop doing this shit, not the other way around

I read title as " tony hawk dead at 48 years old"
Thanks for freaking me out dude

Cool that he had to work to get it. I bet he was sore as fuck the next day. He seemed pretty damn satisfied he was able to pull it off.

I saw his first one as a kid at the SF Xgames. The whole event was fucking amazing- probably the best event/convention I've ever been to.

Skateboarding at any age older than that, you run the risk of your balls getting stuck in the wheels

yea, unless you are tony hawk and getting paid to be skating, i think it is pretty pathetic to be more than 25 or so and still skating

yea, unless you are tony hawk and getting paid to be skating, i think it is pretty pathetic to be more than 25 or so and still skating
It's more pathetic to not live the life you want because you care about other peoples opinions. Do whatever the hell makes you happy

Back