Tony Ferguson discusses McGregor/Mayweather "Vacate my belt"

Would care what he said more if he took the rematch with Johnson win or lose when Kalibeeb dropped out again

It's the cheapskate UFC's fault yet again. If I remember correctly they weren't going to pay Tony the same for what he would have made fighting Khabib. How is that fair?

Honestly I don't like Conor at all; his persona annoys me. But it's not been that long since he won the title at 155; many champions take off longer. If he won't sign for a fight after his boxing match then strip him.

Yup. If he doesn't fighter before the end of the year the belt should be taken.

Khabib beat an RDA on a 5 fight winning streak, and went on to have another 5 fight winning streak. He was in his prime when Khabib merked him. Tony beat a post-prime RDA. That's what he means.
Well those statements are not even true. He was in his prime when Ferguson beat him. He is still in his prime. Every fan seems to have this view that you're in your prime until you lose a fight.

It's foolish. RDA is still in his prime. He just lost to a better fighter. Tony is better than RDA.

It's the cheapskate UFC's fault yet again. If I remember correctly they weren't going to pay Tony the same for what he would have made fighting Khabib. How is that fair?
Because he's not fighting Khabib.....how is that hard to understand.

Well those statements are not even true. He was in his prime when Ferguson beat him. He is still in his prime. Every fan seems to have this view that you're in your prime until you lose a fight.

It's foolish. RDA is still in his prime. He just lost to a better fighter. Tony is better than RDA.

As is Khabib.

But no, I dont think he's still in his prime...not for LW. Maybe he fares better with the WWs though. Also, his loss to Ferguson was the second of a losing streak.

Thinks he's entitled to a championship belt without beating the #1 contender or the champ, shut the fuck up.

I would of agreed with him if he had nutted the fuck up and fought the last minute replacement offered ....... like Conor does but he wouldn't fight. He needs to fight Nate for the interim.and winner gets Conor at msg

Tony reminds me so much of an angsty Sherdog poster.

Really mad at Khabib for fucking things up and not wrestlefucking this guy into obscurity.

Because he's not fighting Khabib.....how is that hard to understand.

Are you being serious? You agree to a fight. You train for it and you make weight for it like a professional. Your opponent can not make the fight and you are asked to fight someone else. You seriously think it's ok to be offered less money to keep the fight on the card versus a last minute replacement? I would argue that sometimes the fighter should be offered MORE to save the fight, not less. How hard is that to understand?

Thinks he's entitled to a championship belt without beating the #1 contender or the champ, shut the fuck up.

The number one contender couldn't make the fight and the champ is ignoring fighting altogether. That makes him the best.

Are you being serious? You agree to a fight. You train for it and you make weight for it like a professional. Your opponent can not make the fight and you are asked to fight someone else. You seriously think it's ok to be offered less money to keep the fight on the card versus a last minute replacement? I would argue that sometimes the fighter should be offered MORE to save the fight, not less. How hard is that to understand?
I agree with your points, it is fucked that that happened but I think there are three reasons why Tony gets shit for it.

1) It was a chance to avenge a very bad loss on his record

2) He could have saved the card and boosted his credibility at the same time(in the eyes of casuals I mean)

3) When Khabib was in Tony's place (second attempted at the fight) he didn't talk shit or complain. He took the fight that he could get and didn't shit on Tony for not making it to the cage.

That is my understanding of the situation at least. I still believe Tony should have been offered comparable pay but getting half pay is better than getting no pay.

They are not a sign of "bad ass" or a "badge of honour", but a sign of an idiot who doesn't wear ear protection in practice.

lol. Why do you care if their ears are jacked up? This isn't a beauty contest. The point is if your ears look like that you are probably a bad ass wrestler.

Came here to post this.

Although I don't try at all to like him. He's annoying with those stupid sunglasses and those deformed ears.

Ferguson is the type of twat that goes with sunglasses to night clubs, bumps into someone and tells them to watch where they are going.

Back