Tony Ferguson discusses McGregor/Mayweather "Vacate my belt"

I'm just discussing it. Because this is an MMA "discussion board".

You are saying that people with those ears are stupid for not wearing ear protection. I don't get why you care so much about what their ears like to call them stupid over it. All I said was that those ears are evidence of Tony's badass wrestling. But maybe this is really dumb to talk about so let's just let it go.

But maybe this is really dumb to talk about so let's just let it go.

giphy.gif

Tony Ferguson discusses Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather and urges McGregor to "Vacate my belt, that's my belt". Also discusses the negative impact the fight is having on his career, Khabib Nurmagomedov missing weight for UFC 209 and more.

This fucking guy... Bitch stfu, u got your deck shuffled by a dude named after a Star Wars character in his second UFC fight (no diss on Vannata). He's easily the most annoying person to listen in the upper UFC echelons.

Strip Conor.

We all know what you mean by that. Despite all your hopeless efforts, it is impossible to deny: you want Conor. Your lust is inescapable, that's why you're using hate to hide it.

Here, let me help you:
DiligentClearcutGrub.gif

Sorry Tony, it ain't yours

Conor will never fight you, you can "earn" it after he fights Mayweather and Nate again

No point in obsessing over something out of your control, Ferguson said he could make 170 right? That might be the route to go, go fight Tyrone for the ww belt

McGregor being billed as UFC champion is worth a tonne of money to the UFC and to Dana right now. They'll make hundreds of millions of dollars off the Mayweather fight and it's much more sellable with Conor as "UFC champion" for the casuals. They won't make shit off Tony, champ or no champ.

So good luck with that Tony.

LOL @ "hundreds of millions". The UFC's only negotiation involving this fight is how much of a percentage of Conor's pay they will get for letting him do it. The UFC has nothing to do with the promotion which is being done by Mayweather promotions.

As is Khabib.

But no, I dont think he's still in his prime...not for LW. Maybe he fares better with the WWs though. Also, his loss to Ferguson was the second of a losing streak.

RDA is one of Khabib's good wins. That was never an argument of mine. I don't think he was anymore in his prime against Khabib than he was with Tony.

Tony will never be a long term Champ, he might win the belt, but he's not going to hold it long. If Connor comes back he's going to touch Fergs chin, Ferg doesn't have great striking defense, he goes night night. Plus the whole ducking Michael Johnson thing was absurd. Khabib had just made Johnson look mediocre at best, if Ferg was any good he'd have took that fight instead of whining and acting like he's entitled to anything. If you think you can beat Khabib, then you should look at the Johnson fight as easy mode with unlimited lives.

I like to watch the guy fight, but he's trying to do a bunch of talking and stuff now and acting like he's the champ, entitled to money fights, blah blah. He's a flash in the pan, watch and see.

Last edited:
LOL @ "hundreds of millions". The UFC's only negotiation involving this fight is how much of a percentage of Conor's pay they will get for letting him do it. The UFC has nothing to do with the promotion which is being done by Mayweather promotions.

Yes and that percentage is in the hundreds of millions of dollars. If Conor is making $75m I would not be surprised if UFC were getting $225m

They are getting a LOT

Yes and that percentage is in the hundreds of millions of dollars. If Conor is making $75m I would not be surprised if UFC were getting $225m

They are getting a LOT

Umm If Conor is making 75 million and the UFC is taking 50%, that means they're getting 37.5 million, man. If Conor makes as much as 100 million, the UFC is still probably getting half. They aren't making 200 or 300% more than the fighters when they're not even the promoters of the event. You're nuts.

The dude is out of his mind. As long as Conor holds that belt, people will care about the division. If he vacates, you are fighting for the vacated title on a CO main event slot. That means no points and maybe a 150,000 purse to show if you're lucky.

Umm If Conor is making 75 million and the UFC is taking 50%, that means they're getting 37.5 million, man. If Conor makes as much as 100 million, the UFC is still probably getting half. They aren't making 200 or 300% more than the fighters when they're not even the promoters of the event. You're nuts.
They can make as much as they want because Conor cannot fight without their approval. He is contracted to them.

We know that the longest and toughest part of the negotiation was between Conor and the UFC. They are not letting their biggest star get his ass kicked for another promotion unless they are making hundreds of millions of dollars.

Most likely UFC agreed to pay Conor a flat fee. Once they agreed on that number, then they go to Showtime/Mayweather and negotiate his 'side' - which could be worth $300-400m. They pay him his flat fee and keep the rest.

They can make as much as they want because Conor cannot fight without their approval. He is contracted to them.

We know that the longest and toughest part of the negotiation was between Conor and the UFC. They are not letting their biggest star get his ass kicked for another promotion unless they are making hundreds of millions of dollars.

Most likely UFC agreed to pay Conor a flat fee. Once they agreed on that number, then they go to Showtime/Mayweather and negotiate his 'side' - which could be worth $300-400m. They pay him his flat fee and keep the rest.

There is no way Mayweather negotiated and gave the UFC making more money than he stands to make. Most estimates have Mayweather making 100 million but depending on buys, HIS promotion stands to make way more than that. He's the one making out like a bandit on this fight. Conor to a lesser extent because he gets paid way more than he's ever made in the UFC.

The UFC, itself, is probably happy to make 50 million off Conor without having any promotional expense.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-fl...is-one-of-the-most-shameless-money-grabs-ever

...it’s indicative that the UFC is not negotiating from a position of financial strength.

Roberts also noted that all parties are contractually barred from disclosing how the final purse will be divided, which in and of itself is proof that Mayweather had “significant leverage” in the negotiations, and will probably end up taking home a much bigger slice of the total revenue.

“I guarantee you that’s because [the UFC] got destroyed,” he said. “McGregor will earn far more than he would have had he chosen to defend his UFC title; he's going to be taking an embarrassingly short side of this, and I think it shows the financial distress that the UFC’s in right now, because WME/IMG significantly overpaid for this. $4 billion for the UFC was a huge mistake.”

...When it came to the Mayweather-McGregor negotiations, Wyman agreed with Roberts’ assertion that they caved to McGregor’s demands because they had no choice, even if it means setting him up for a humiliating defeat.

“The UFC needs to find some way to make a profit off Conor McGregor in 2017 if they can’t get him into the cage—which they can’t. My guess is that WME-IMG is handling international distribution for Mayweather-McGregor and that’s how they’re getting paid,” Wyman said.

“Making, say, $25 to $50 million from those distribution deals is better than getting nothing out of McGregor for a whole year and praying he comes back to the fold in 2018.”

"Where's you belt at, Tony? Where's your belt at?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back