Tony Ferguson could get that WW belt

GBcrazy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After RDA vs Robbie Lawler, it's pretty clear that LW is the deeper division, after all, it's the division which has the average size of a man, so it's only natural the most talented guys would show up there.

RDA is a monster and has a legit shot vs Tyron, but let's not forget that Tony dominated him in 5 rounds. Guy is a cardio machine and can fight everywhere.

If Khabib would show up and fight then maybe he could get it done as well, but I still think Ferg is the better fighter.

I don't even think ferguson himself believe he can beat woodley
Ferguson would get ktfo,easy fight for woodley

Last edited:
I would not have thought so up until recently, but I don't know now.

Imagine a non SKINNY Cucuy throwing heat over 5 rounds.

Is he going to land a fluke eyepoke to turn around the fight?

Is he going to land a fluke eyepoke to turn around the fight?
Lmao People still hanging on to the eye poke excuse. Why didn't an eye poke stop Ferguson from elbowing Lee in the dome and choking him to sleep?

Lmao People still hanging on to the eye poke excuse. Why didn't an eye poke stop Ferguson from elbowing Lee in the dome and choking him to sleep?

Perhaps because Lee wasn't the #1 fighter in the division and should've never been in a title fight...?

Perhaps because Lee wasn't the #1 fighter in the division and should've never been in a title fight...?
So basically you are saying a fighter can overcome an accidental eye poke if they are fighting an inferior opponent? I guess that explains why RDA still got beat by Ferguson.

So basically you are saying a fighter can overcome an accidental eye poke if they are fighting an inferior opponent? I guess that explains why RDA still got beat by Ferguson.

No, I'm saying that between similarly skilled opponents an eyepoke can be a lot more devastating than compared to against non similarly skilled opponents as that eyepoke might be the deciding factor between their respective immense skills.

And what a coincidence, but the fight's tone changed after RDA got eye poked.

Ferguson wins because Tyron speaks his mind too often and people consider his honest to be race baiting.

Illegal is illegal. Tony is a dirty fighter.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm thinking about what a non-weight cut full belly full of tiramisu Khabib could do at WW

Dude manhandled RDA and the weight cut clearly destroys him

RDA's weight cut was getting worse every fight.
Tony didn´t dominate 5 rounds.
All 3 judges scored it 48-47.
Every division is a different division. Every fighter is a fighter.
It´s not like Wonderboy would dominate MW division just because he KOed Whittaker in the 1st round at WW.
Dos_Anjos_x_Ferguson.0.0.jpg

Tony didn’t dominate RDA. It was clear that he won but still a close fight.

He almost lost via LnP to Castillo.

Tony would get absolutely wrecked. Could probably beat some top 15-ish guys, maybe some in the top 10, but beyond that he's too small

One thing that I think people take for granted, is weight. Beating a guy at one weight DOES NOT necessarily mean that you'll beat them at another weight. RDA may be a different beast at 170.

And let's just say, for shits & giggles, that Tony CAN, in fact beat a 170 RDA just as handily as he did at 155. What does Tony do if RDA can't get the strap off of Woodley? Because Woodley ANNIHILATES Tony...and pretty quickly. I don't see Tony getting out of the first 13 minutes with Woodley.

I don't even think ferguson himself believe he can beat woodley
Ferguson would get ktfo,easy fight for woodley

Ive seen nothing from Woodley that leads me to think that. Tony is the closest thing to Rory that Woodley could face and we all saw how that fight went.

50/50 imo

Back