Tony Ferguson could get that WW belt

One thing that I think people take for granted, is weight. Beating a guy at one weight DOES NOT necessarily mean that you'll beat them at another weight. RDA may be a different beast at 170.

And let's just say, for shits & giggles, that Tony CAN, in fact beat a 170 RDA just as handily as he did at 155. What does Tony do if RDA can't get the strap off of Woodley? Because Woodley ANNIHILATES Tony...and pretty quickly. I don't see Tony getting out of the first 13 minutes with Woodley.

Where does this godly appreciation for Woodley come from? A shit fight with Maia, a lackluster UD against Wonderboy and a draw. Tony is a proven killer and would be decent sized even for WW. A pressure fighter with good wrestling and submissions.

I agree T-Wood is a really good fighter but damn! Sherdog turned him into a invincible god of war

After RDA vs Robbie Lawler, it's pretty clear that LW is the deeper division, after all, it's the division which has the average size of a man, so it's only natural the most talented guys would show up there.

RDA is a monster and has a legit shot vs Tyron, but let's not forget that Tony dominated him in 5 rounds. Guy is a cardio machine and can fight everywhere.

If Khabib would show up and fight then maybe he could get it done as well, but I still think Ferg is the better fighter.

Don't know how anyone could say this while Woodley is champion and not have brain damage.

I like Ferg but when Woodley shuts down RDA this kind of talk should stop.

I think that, on a great night performing, there are quite a bit of LWs that could tear up the WW division

Where does this godly appreciation for Woodley come from? A shit fight with Maia, a lackluster UD against Wonderboy and a draw. Tony is a proven killer and would be decent sized even for WW. A pressure fighter with good wrestling and submissions.
I think "Godly appreciation" is a tad bit much, don't you? I picked Woodley to decisively win a hypothetical fight against ONE guy in a division 15 pounds beneath Woodley's own. I didn't pick him to win Ragnarok.

I think Woodley is a bigger, better, stronger wrestler. I think Woodley hits way too hard for most humans, especially smaller ones. I think Tony's movement would falter against Woodley's sprints. I don't think picking Woodley to win within 3 rounds is evidence of "Godly appreciation." Not at all. It's an assessment. My own. I could certainly be wrong.

I could see Tony getting a sub on T Wood.
How do you see it happening? Maia is a better grappler than Tony, but Tony definitely has better take downs, so Tony may actually have more opportunities than Maia did. What sequence of events do you foresee that could possibly lead to a sub?

Lawler turned in suspicious test results for NSAC against Rory.

USADA program beings.

Split decision with Condit, one-punch knockout by Woodley, eeks past Cerrone of all people, then gets dominated by RDA.

The mistake you are making is giving this version of Robbie the same consideration you did two years ago, but he is not the same guy. We can speculate if its just age or if its related to those wacky test results, but its plain to see something has changed for the worse.

How do you see it happening? Maia is a better grappler than Tony, but Tony definitely has better take downs, so Tony may actually have more opportunities than Maia did. What sequence of events do you foresee that could possibly lead to a sub?

It'd more likely be a case of Tyron havng to take Tony down at some point to have any kind of chance at all if he doesn't KO Ferguson early.

A 5 round stand up fight with Tony where Tony doesn't get KO'd early is not good for Tyron.

It'd more likely be a case of Tyron havng to take Tony down at some point to have any kind of chance at all if he doesn't KO Ferguson early.

A 5 round stand up fight with Tony where Tony doesn't get KO'd early is not good for Tyron.
You think Tony will pick him apart on the feet?

You think Tony will pick him apart on the feet?

Pretty much, it's contingent on not getting KO'd obviously as I said

Tyron's output really doesn't seem high enough, I can see him choosing to take down Tony for a number of reasons, both out of desperation and as a main strategy to dominate/finish the fight.

Regardless would be interesting to see how it goes on the ground, Tyron has good takedowns and takedown defence, but he's not a khabib style grappler that will be able to hold you down for most of the fight. If he wants to take it down it's to score a point with the judges and/or to try to GnP you out of there.

RDA's weight cut was getting worse every fight.
Tony didn´t dominate 5 rounds.
All 3 judges scored it 48-47.
Every division is a different division. Every fighter is a fighter.
It´s not like Wonderboy would dominate MW division just because he KOed Whittaker in the 1st round at WW.
Dos_Anjos_x_Ferguson.0.0.jpg
If you watch the fight as a whole, it was a fairly dominant and convincing win for Ferguson. I don't care what the 48-47 says. RDA had his moments for sure, but he mostly got shot down and picked apart. I remember him looking demoralized towards the end of that fight and Ferguson messed his face up pretty bad.

If you watch the fight as a whole, it was a fairly dominant and convincing win for Ferguson. I don't care what the 48-47 says. RDA had his moments for sure, but he mostly got shot down and picked apart. I remember him looking demoralized towards the end of that fight and Ferguson messed his face up pretty bad.
"I don´t care what all 3 judges and other fans think, but what I think is blah blah blah"
<YeahOKJen>

Don't know how anyone could say this while Woodley is champion and not have brain damage.

Yeah that guy who got outpointed by Rory sure is invicible....

Tony would beat him via being the better fighter everywhere.

I think "Godly appreciation" is a tad bit much, don't you? I picked Woodley to decisively win a hypothetical fight against ONE guy in a division 15 pounds beneath Woodley's own. I didn't pick him to win Ragnarok.

I think Woodley is a bigger, better, stronger wrestler. I think Woodley hits way too hard for most humans, especially smaller ones. I think Tony's movement would falter against Woodley's sprints. I don't think picking Woodley to win within 3 rounds is evidence of "Godly appreciation." Not at all. It's an assessment. My own. I could certainly be wrong.

Way too hard for most humans? I gotta disagree. The guy isn't a KO machine. He has like 2 or 3 finishes inside the ufc (10+ fights). in the last five fights we saw him get unanimous decisions, split decisions, draw and only one finish.

Meanwhile Ferg has never been knocked out, would have height and reach advantage, has probably the most dangerous guard in MMA and can hold his own on the feet.

I mean, Tyron is good, he isn't a champion by luck. But let's not forget the Rory fight. And Tony is a better Rory

Ive seen nothing from Woodley that leads me to think that. Tony is the closest thing to Rory that Woodley could face and we all saw how that fight went.

50/50 imo
Ferguson boxing,Tdd defense and striking defense is not even close to Rory level.

@WW I wouldn't count Tony out he has a crazy unorthodox style with them crazy rolls and scrambles I can see him confusing Tyron "Where da f*k he go" then slice you with a elbow. But I would bet Tyron by murder or decision...

If he can beat Khabib and Conor to become LW GOAT he should definitely move up and see how he does. He might have to as he gets older anyway. He's said he's been up over 200 lbs before.

Ferguson at 170. Interesting... Would be a legit contender. But he has some work to do at 155 first.

Back