To everyone praising Brown

I honestly don't know how people can call themselves fight fans & not be completely entertained by that?

It has baffled me since I first came to these boards. I really don't understand it.

Lot of Silva fans here tonight... Matt Brown beat the shit out of your boy tonight!! :icon_chee

Brown may not be a serious contender, but he proved Silva isn't either. He is a threat to a large part of the top 10.

You need to watch the fight again.

No he doesn't, all of you perpetrating this myth that he gassed after losing back control need to. He was still firing back with power up until towards then end of the second. He was overwhelmed and trying to get his head back in the game between the many knees and punches resetting his brain. If he had simply gassed he wouldn't have been throwing with power anymore, he gassed from getting hit a metric shit ton.

Not hating on Brown as much as I'm hating on the people working at Fox 1 (Anik, Bisping, Glazer) saying he deserves a title shot, eventhough that would somehow mean skipping Lombard, Woodley, Condit, and everyone else in the top 10. Nothing wrong with saying you're not sold on the dude, even afterr a win, because he was 14-11 at one point and hasn't faced the real cream of the crop at 170. Good fight nontheless.

What impressed me the most? His sub defense. This is a guy that has lost 9 times by submission. It's clear that he has put a ton of work into his sub defense. In his last 6 fights, he hasn't been in a position to require it but it's obvious that he has trained his butt of in that aspect of fighting.

The shot to the stomach hurt him badly (by his own admission) and yet he was still able to effectively hold off a black belt with 9 submission wins.

Props to Matt. Hope he gets a shot at a top guy next.

Regardless if you think he can beat a contender, he's earned his shot, period.

The real point is that he hasn't. Guys above him have earned theirs by beating top guys.
What he's earned is a fight against a top guy that would earn him a title shot on a win.

It has baffled me since I first came to these boards. I really don't understand it.

The explanation is simple... haters gonna hate.

Based on a lot of recent threads, Chuck Liddell was nothing more than a can. There are some elite keyboard warriors on here. These dudes are not to be fucked with.

What happened to all the people "screaming Silva was gonna end the Brown hype tonight"?

No he doesn't, all of you perpetrating this myth that he gassed after losing back control need to. He was still firing back with power up until towards then end of the second. He was overwhelmed and trying to get his head back in the game between the many knees and punches resetting his brain. If he had simply gassed he wouldn't have been throwing with power anymore, he gassed from getting hit a metric shit ton.

yeah bro fuck off with your logical response

its cray every thread was silva gonna destroy brown now its browns win isnt legit silva sucks he doesnt blong in the ufc, you know typical sherdog shit

The real point is that he hasn't. Guys above him have earned theirs by beating top guys.
What he's earned is a fight against a top guy that would earn him a title shot on a win.

Now this I agree with. Matt Brown has not earned a title shot. It would be bullshit if the UFC gave him a shot right now. What he has earned though is a title eliminator. He's ran through everyone the UFC has put in front of him. Give him a chance against someone at the top of the heap.

The only active fighter with more wins than him is Jon Jones. I'd have no problem with him getting a title fight (that he would most likely not win) based on his current 7 consecutive wins.

Matt Brown brings the action. One of my favorite guys to watch even if he isn't the most physically or technically dominant guy.

Also, Erick Silva has a titanium fucking chin. I can't believe he absorbed 10 minutes of that relentless abuse and stayed conscious. I think he ate 150+ sig strikes from Brown.

Not hating on Brown as much as I'm hating on the people working at Fox 1 (Anik, Bisping, Glazer) saying he deserves a title shot, eventhough that would somehow mean skipping Lombard, Woodley, Condit, and everyone else in the top 10. Nothing wrong with saying you're not sold on the dude, even afterr a win, because he was 14-11 at one point and hasn't faced the real cream of the crop at 170. Good fight nontheless.

Which one of those guys has 7 wins in a row in the UFC?

Lombard is on a scorching 2 fight win streak and his only win in the UFC over a top ten guy is Shields

Condit is coming off a loss. In fact he has lost 3 of his last 4 fights. Diaz, Rory and
Ellenberger are his only top 10 wins ((Kampman might be considered a top 10 as well)

Woodley is also on a scorching two fight win streak. Condit is his only top 10 win.

Lawler is coming off a loss. His only top ten win is Rory.

So yes these guys are higher ranked but none of them has much of a streak going.

You have to love sherdog! Majority, that fight was awesome. Man that fight was fun too watch, yeah I know they both showed great heart.

Minority, hey all those guys had fun watching that fight? I better run over and shit on it. Hey fighter A will never be champ and fighter b was never any good.

Just fucking watch it for watch it for what it was a really fun fight!

He's beaten some tough dudes and deserves a shot. You only beat your dick and recently shot yourself in the eye.

Back