To everyone praising Brown

The TS obviously doesn't like Brown and is being kind of pathetic. We just watched an awesome fight and the first thing he does is come on here and try to bash it. Sad, bitter man.

I honestly don't know how people can call themselves fight fans & not be completely entertained by that?

No.

He was gassed the fuck out after dominating the first 3 minutes. Props to Brown for winning but Silva's lawnmower sized gas tank had nothing to do with Brown

Yes. I'm not denying his sub attempts were a contributing factor, but he was a zombie after Brown's first onslaught. He was nearly out on his feet. But I guess you, like many other Sherdog Keyboard Warriors, could no doubt walk away from an exchange like that and be good to run a marathon.

There is no shortage of fighters who put on exciting fights, but 95% of them would never be considered elite.

And I made no mention of people liking Brown's style, but as usual, Sherdog overhypes everyone

I honestly do not see too many people saying he will be champion or even beat x amount of top 10 fighters. Just because people are clamoring for a guy on a 7 fight win streak to get a shot at one of the top guys does not mean they all think he will actually win. Matt Brown should get at the worst a top 5 fight, and he will probably end up getting Ellenberger/Lawler or Rory/Woodley and if he wins that he will fight for the title.

Brown's streak has been great. He was an underdog for about half of the fights yet he beat the shit out of almost all of them. He deserves a lot of praise because a few years ago people were wondering why someone with his type of record was even in the UFC, and after he got subbd a couple times everyone thought that anyone with BJJ will sub him.

Silva gassed halfway through the 1st round, and it was pretty much a gimme from that point on. Before that he was dropped several times, and was even dropped by a gassed Silva in the 2nd. Neither guy deserves to be top 10.

Anyone who thinks he poses a challenge to Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger, Condit, Lawler, or Hendricks is delusional

Edit: I forgot about Rory. Maybe Brown can out tough Rory.

So what? He fought through the first and put an beatdown on Silva.Silva showed he had a great chin.

I got an idea why don't you bitch about a really fun fight to watch!

Hateful douchbags. Until Matt brown gets in the cage with anybody who knows what can happen. Thought it was a great night of fights and the main event was the cherry on top.

People saying silva gassed because he got punched need to watch the fight again...
He was gassed the minute he failed to submit brown and went up to his feet...he had hardly been hit until that moment...after that it was obvious he had nothing more for brown...

dude puts on an amazing performance and one of the most exciting fights ive seen...and people are instantly trying to discredit him. lol, goddamnit sherdog

I never get the Brown hate here lol.. Dude's exciting as hell and has been due for a crack at the top 5 through earning it but it seems like people here don't even wanna give him a chance

They find his manliness intimidating.

shit i forgot brown fought brazillian thats where all the detraction and excuses are coming from

its absolutely pathetic guys would rather say everyone whos lost a fight doesnt belong in the ufc than just give some fucking props

Enjoying the fuck out of this renaissance, sure there are bigger challenges out there but given his momentum he is going to be competitive against anyone.

Stop hating on matt brown the guy is a warrior and will give anyone on that list trouble except for rory he gets demolished by rory

People are excited becasue Matt Brown comes to fight and makes it exciting 99% of the time. Who cares if he gets smoked in a title fight or against a top 5. Can't we just be happy about a guy who pretty much always fights their ass off and has also been improving every fight?

To say nothing of the fact that at the rate he is improving, in two fights from now it won't be possible to assume he will have nothing on even the op 5 guys. May I remind everyone that most of us would say the exact same thing about Lawler two years ago?

shit i forgot brown fought brazillian thats where all the detraction and excuses are coming from

its absolutely pathetic guys would rather say everyone whos lost a fight doesnt belong in the ufc than just give some fucking props

It's one thing to lose a fight bro, it's another to gas before the 1st round is even over.

You need to watch the fight again.

i'm sorry that silva lost and was nothing more than a can crusher, and it sucks that you had to realize it after his third loss in the UFC
nice location

Regardless if you think he can beat a contender, he's earned his shot, period.

he's earned a shot at a contender. i hope that's what you were saying because he sure didn't earn a title shot by beating Erick Silva when Woodley just beat Condit, Lombard beat Shields, and Rory beat Maia. The caliber of opponent isn't even comparable.

Here comes a post discrediting what Brown did. Silva was gassed because Brown beat the shit outta him and constant pressure.

Also Brown got dropped once during the fight, second body kick dropped him.

Back