To be fair... Kevin Lee has messed up everyone on the ground

Quit trying to soften the blow, at the end of the day, Edson got raped on the ground twice in a row now. #exposed

So Khabib sparring with DC and the likes of him, but Lee will put him on his back a Sambo world champ?

DC said this before the title fight Khabib had.

Last week though; he was asked by ESPN if he is training with the new champ in preperation for his own HW title fight ... his answer:

"No, Khabib is too small"

DC said this before the title fight Khabib had.

Last week though; he was asked by ESPN if he is training with the new champ in preperation for his own HW title fight ... his answer:

"No, Khabib is too small"
Yes, but he wants a big guy to imitate Stipe who is going to send him to LALA land regardless who he trains with!

if lee gets khabib down,its over for the dagestani
Sambo world champion vs college wrestler! Thanks for the wishful thinking. You saw Al and he and MJ both are great wrestlers

i know it’s popular at the moment to shit on Edsons ground game, and rightfully so, two straight losses getting raped on the ground.

That said, the flip side is he possibly fought the two best wrestlers in the division 12 weeks apart from each other.

Kevin Lee has fucked up everyone on the ground. He mounted Tony and beat the shit out of him until he gassed. Tony didn’t have an answer to that shit until Kevin slowed down drastically.

Michael Chiesa is a known grappler and he was cut through like a knife through butter on the ground in half a round. While Edson survived how many rounds of it?

Maybe these things should be in consideration?
Beat a shit out of Tony?Mount for like 20-30 seconds, which he lost at the end of the round, exaggerating af

No shame in being dominated on the ground by the best wrestlers in the division. Kevin and Khabib are savages. It has everything to do with how good those two are, and little to do with how bad Barboza's TDD/ground game is.

Barboza has been dominated on the ground by virtually every wrestler he's faced. Surprised folks still don't realize that's his glaring weakness.

First off, Lee stole a page out of Khabib's when he took Edson down because he said before the fight that he will stand and bang, which almost cost him the fight! Khabib has a more technical striking game even if it looks ugly, so he will keep the distance and keep Lee guessing. Lee got dropped 3 times against TF EB and Al, so statistically he should go down first! Joe Rogan is a clown when he mocked Khabib because he is very biased! Bottom line, Lee does represent a dangerous game but so did everyone who fought Khabib
Khabib has a better chin but his striking is godawful. He landed jabs against Al because Al was refusing to react to them, khabib was using the jab originally as a feint to set up the single leg. In a KB match, Al would have taken his head off in 30 secounds.
Lee didn’t gas this time and expended more energy.
Ferguson presented much more resistance on the ground through guard trapping, sub attempts and elbows while Barboza was a grappling dummy basically. Not a good comparison.

Kevin Lee reminds me a lot of GSP: both are well-rounded, have good striking and grappling, especially top control, except GSP has better timing with his re-active takedowns, and Lee has more aggressive striking and more brutal GnP. They both recover quickly when taking kicks to the dome, LOL!

Except for El Cucuy.

Lee did have him in positional trouble early, but Tony came out almost unscratched at the end of the fight.

Tony only survived that fight because his chin is made of titanium. Kevin would've killed any other person who withstood that GNP

Spot on TS. Anyone saying Barboza has a poor ground game is a fool. He has always(before these last 2 fights) shown great TDD and ability to scramble back to his feet. He’s just so happened to have fought probably the best two top games in the LW division no shame in getting beaten on the ground by those two.

Crazy how he only started wrestling his junior year of high school then wrestled in college while doing a full-time pre-med curriculum and fighting on the side. That's some crazy talent and work ethic.

Frankie Edgar said that Barbosa is near impossible to take down and was super impressed by what Khabib was able to do.

I'm sure he is as impressed with Kevin Lee as well now.

It is highly impressive, but remember Lee, Barboza, and Khabib have probably 25-30 SOLID pounds on Frankie.

His athletic ability, his work ethic, and his age really strand out to me. Sky is the limit for him. I really think Khabib and Lee is a potential war..

It is highly impressive, but remember Lee, Barboza, and Khabib have probably 25-30 SOLID pounds on Frankie.

Frankie fights just 10lbs under and was Lw champ himself.

I doubt its really 30lbs of in ring difference.

Frankie fights just 10lbs under and was Lw champ himself.

I doubt its really 30lbs of in ring difference.
Frankie never cut weight and lee says he gets 195. 185 is lean for him.

Lee has a top ground game. One of the best in the division, hands down.

Now, against Barboza, Lee faced a guy with a clearly subpar ground game, so no surprises here.

Against Cucuy, he looked good in the beginning and ended up being finished.
Against another top grounder like Khabib, Lee will need to have the best night of his life to win.

Back