To be fair... Kevin Lee has messed up everyone on the ground

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
i know it’s popular at the moment to shit on Edsons ground game, and rightfully so, two straight losses getting raped on the ground.

That said, the flip side is he possibly fought the two best wrestlers in the division 12 weeks apart from each other.

Kevin Lee has fucked up everyone on the ground. He mounted Tony and beat the shit out of him until he gassed. Tony didn’t have an answer to that shit until Kevin slowed down drastically.

Michael Chiesa is a known grappler and he was cut through like a knife through butter on the ground in half a round. While Edson survived how many rounds of it?

Maybe these things should be in consideration?

Frankie Edgar said that Barbosa is near impossible to take down and was super impressed by what Khabib was able to do.

I'm sure he is as impressed with Kevin Lee as well now.

Kevin Lee is an underrated savage on the ground, was really impressed when he almost finished T-Ferg in the first

Frankie Edgar said that Barbosa is near impossible to take down and was super impressed by what Khabib was able to do.

Yea Khabib and Lee are on a whole other level.

I don't think he beat the shit out of Tony
on the ground, not like what he did to Edson. Tony's defense was better.

Except for El Cucuy.

Lee did have him in positional trouble early, but Tony came out almost unscratched at the end of the fight.

Frankie is way smaller than Edson or Kevin, so no surprise he had difficulty taking him down.

Except for El Cucuy.

Lee did have him in positional trouble early, but Tony came out almost unscratched at the end of the fight.

Tony's defense was way better than Edson's, he blocked a lot the strikes and gave him hell with the elbows from bottom.

Tony's defense was way better than Edson's, he blocked a lot the strikes and gave him hell with the elbows from bottom.
I’m surprised people are saying this. No disrespect. I rewatched that fight today and was more surprised than anything at Tony’s vulnerability to Lee’s guard passes and overall ability to do what he wanted on the ground.

No shame in being dominated on the ground by the best wrestlers in the division. Kevin and Khabib are savages. It has everything to do with how good those two are, and little to do with how bad Barboza's TDD/ground game is.

I’m surprised people are saying this. No disrespect. I rewatched that fight today and was more surprised than anything at Tony’s vulnerability to Lee’s guard passes and overall ability to do what he wanted on the ground.

None taken. I actually believe that really was Tony's plan, to have Kevin expend a lot of energy and to play guard.

i know it’s popular at the moment to shit on Edsons ground game, and rightfully so, two straight losses getting raped on the ground.

That said, the flip side is he possibly fought the two best wrestlers in the division 12 weeks apart from each other.

Kevin Lee has fucked up everyone on the ground. He mounted Tony and beat the shit out of him until he gassed. Tony didn’t have an answer to that shit until Kevin slowed down drastically.

Michael Chiesa is a known grappler and he was cut through like a knife through butter on the ground in half a round. While Edson survived how many rounds of it?

After watching that fight against barboza I was pretty impressed with kevin lee's ground game. Or..top game rather. I don't know how he is off of his back. The only person I see forcing kevin to his back is khabib. That's a very interesting fight. We've also never seen khabib off of his back. From what I hear, khabib dominates even in practice. My question is...will that hurt him if a guy like kevin lee gets a top position on him. I think it's plausible because we've never seen it. I think kevin lee is a bad matchup for khabib because if they can neutralize each other's group game then lee is a better striker than khabib. That makes it an interesting fight for sure.

Kevin Lee is an underrated savage on the ground, was really impressed when he almost finished T-Ferg in the first

His ground game in the first was impressive, but he was not close to finishing him, watch it again, he actually landed MAYBE 2-3 elbows on Tony until he got out of mount and ended in open guard.

Does he look natural to you though?

After watching that fight against barboza I was pretty impressed with kevin lee's ground game. Or..top game rather. I don't know how he is off of his back. The only person I see forcing kevin to his back is khabib. That's a very interesting fight. We've also never seen khabib off of his back. From what I hear, khabib dominates even in practice. My question is...will that hurt him if a guy like kevin lee gets a top position on him. I think it's plausible because we've never seen it. I think kevin lee is a bad matchup for khabib because if they can neutralize each other's group game then lee is a better striker than khabib. That makes it an interesting fight for sure.
So Khabib sparring with DC and the likes of him, but Lee will put him on his back a Sambo world champ?

I love Frankie but he is undersized even for FW. I respect his opinion but it has to be taken with a grain of salt. He's hyping his teammate who is a much larger fighter

So Khabib sparring with DC and the likes of him, but Lee will put him on his back a Sambo world champ?
If you read the whole post it should have made a little more sense to you. I'm just saying that Kevin Lee has really good grappling. I imagine him being the only guy in that division to slow khabib's grappling down. I never said kevin is better. Sounds like you need more detail. So if kevin rocks khabib on the feet don't you think he's good enough to get a top position? And look, from what I've seen khabib is the best. I just think kevin has a style that's going to slow khabib down. That's all.

I think people over exaggerate when they say Lee “beat the shit” out of Tony. But yes, Lee is legit.

Back