Tito Ortiz Vs Sakuraba

Tito takes him down and knees the crap out of his head like he did Mezger.

Id give Tito the edge even without the elbows, but wouldn't count Saku out by a longshot.

Man Tito really had his day where he was an absolute beast. I think he would have taken this by decision. Too bad he's such a jackass..

Saku beat Rampage, Randleman, and Belfort.

I got me some Saku on this one: But mostly I would have just loved to seen that fight.

Tito would take it. And that makes me a little upset

I'm not sure if Sakuraba would be able to handle Tito's Wrestling, I would have to go with Tito Ortiz by a dominant Decision or possibly a late round TKO.

could have been a very good fight. I think Saku could take Ortiz down with that legendary single leg( he basicly could take down everyone, even way stronger fighters like Arona) but i doubt he could submit/finish Ortiz. Ortiz on the other hand COULD have finished Saku, once on top by strikes.

I don't know, I'd like to think that Saku could catch a submission or outlast him like Frank Shamrock.

Edge to Sakuraba for having insane grappling that would have negated if not overcame Tito's wrestling (see Frank Shamrock's constant movement and scrambling throw off Tito; see Sakuraba handle a big, powerful, good wrestler in Randleman.)

Both were in prime and on top of LHW world (or what was LHW at the time). Sakuraba would be trickier for Tito to deal with than vice versa.

I don't know, I'd like to think that Saku could catch a submission or outlast him like Frank Shamrock.

Saku had good grappling, but wasnt known for having a good guard. the early Saku would rather turtle and get back up/reverse, then lay on his back. after Ortiz' fight with Frank his cardio/submission defence really improved, cause that was the biggest reason he lost that fight.

Back