Tito Ortiz Vs Sakuraba

I don't think Tito would EVER maul Rampage and finish him quickly, at that stage he could've won a comfortable decision over him though.

Tito was bigger, stronger, and more experienced at that stage in the game. Rampage was much thinner and was beaten by Marvin Eastman at that point, Tito would have gotten top position, beaten him up, and finished him with a sub or ref stoppage I think. I don't like these what if situations, but Rampage wasn't even as good as old, injured, unmotivated Rampage because he hadn't yet received any high level training to that point.

Saku by Atomic Leg drop.

Just playing your fantasy game, TS.

Tito was bigger, stronger, and more experienced at that stage in the game. Rampage was much thinner and was beaten by Marvin Eastman at that point, Tito would have gotten top position, beaten him up, and finished him with a sub or ref stoppage I think. I don't like these what if situations, but Rampage wasn't even as good as old, injured, unmotivated Rampage because he hadn't yet received any high level training to that point.

I could see Tito subbing him but Marvin tried to sub him plenty and couldn't, Eastman beat on him pretty bad and still Rampage kept alive and even mounted a comeback at the end of the fight.
Based on pure athletic ability and heart I think Jackson could've given Tito a fight even at such an early stage, Tito would not have an easy time polishing him off.

I could see Tito subbing him but Marvin tried to sub him plenty and couldn't, Eastman beat on him pretty bad and still Rampage kept alive and even mounted a comeback at the end of the fight.

Marvin was a good wrestler but that was his MMA debut against Rampage and Eastman's grappling and GnP were never at any point anywhere near Tito's.

Marvin was a good wrestler but that was his MMA debut against Rampage and Eastman's grappling and GnP were never at any point anywhere near Tito's.

True, still I don't see a mauling ala Tito/Shammrock. I could see Tito making Jackson give up his back after GNP and getting a choke but Quinton would give him a scare everytime the fight was off the mat, he didn't have technique back then but he hit hard and often.

True, still I don't see a mauling ala Tito/Shammrock. I could see Tito making Jackson give up his back after GNP and getting a choke but Quinton would give him a scare everytime the fight was off the mat, he didn't have technique back then but he hit hard and often.

There is no right answer, it is all conjecture. I don't think Rampage would have given up unless it was a sub, although I don't like Rampage's chances while he's on his back at that point (or any point really). But I think a ref stoppage would occur before anyone would have ended up looking like Shamrock at UFC 40.

Sakuraba was small enough to fight at Lightweight or lower.

He was weighing in at 183 with no visible Abs.

What he did at his size was amazing

Silva, Saku, Shamrock

The Holy Trinity. Period.

Tito by being a guy who fought fights that weren't fixed.

Tito would GNP him too brutally for Sakuraba to endure.

The OP said Pride ruleset so that takes away Ortiz's best weapon on the ground. Ofc he gains knees to the head, stomps, and soccer kicks in exchange though.

I think it would likely play out something similar to Tito vs. Yuki Kondo.

It would probably be somewhat similar to Frank-Tito...the bigger, stronger guy comes out bull-rushing, going for the G&P win. The smaller, more sub-savvy guy weathers the brunt of the storm, defends intellgently from the bottom and then finally wins the cardio battle.

Saku by slick sub after sustaining a solid beating.

I think saku could take it, but it would be one hell of a fight and very close.

Prime Tito manhandles him. The weight and strength advantage would be too much...

Shit, I got nostalgic, I remember when Tito was elite and seemed unbeatable until Chuck wrecked him... golden years of MMA imo

Back