Tip On Take Out Order?

$700 is alot of food. Multiple trips to the car, bagging up that much food is a pain in the ass.

She likely had tables that needed her attention, but had to spend time dealong with this huge call in order

You know what else is a pain in the ass? Jobs. Working. They had to put food into a container and then wrap it in a bag? Wow, whoop de fucking doo.

I wouldnt have tipped on the same scale as if i sat down at ate, but i would have at the very fucking least tipped $10 to $20. These servers dont make money hourly. (i know $2.15 an hour, but after you tip out the bar and your expos and runners you make negative money if nobody tips correctly

Why does this BS point get brought up in every tip thread? The dont make less than minimum wage. Even if zero tips come in.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/florida-laws-tipped-employees.html

Seriously. Why do you believe this thing to be true that gets proven wrong in every tip thread ever?

I only tip on takeout if I ask for something extremely customized with my order.

If it's a basic order, nope.

You know what else is a pain in the ass? Jobs. Working. They had to put food into a container and then wrap it in a bag? Wow, whoop de fucking doo.

Why does this BS point get brought up in every tip thread? The dont make less than minimum wage. Even if zero tips come in.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/florida-laws-tipped-employees.html

Seriously. Why do you believe this thing to be true that gets proven wrong in every tip thread ever?
Because ive worked as a waiter in multiple restaurants and never been paid properly when i didnt make money. I never got a penny on a check ever

I dont know how you take pride in being a cheap ass.

No tip on takeout orders IMO. I guess if someone brings the food to my car I might give them a few bucks if I have some singles in my wallet, but certainly not 10+%

What annoys me even more are these places that are basically "order at the counter, sit until we call your name, then come get your food and sit down or take it out yourself" type places that are now asking for tips. I'm already paying you the price on the f-ing menu for the food. I would assume that price includes me ordering the food, you making the food, and then me picking me food up at the counter.......what exactly are your hidden costs and what exactly am I tipping you for? For typing my order into a computer? For the person making the food?

Because ive worked as a waiter in multiple restaurants and never been paid properly when i didnt make money.

Then sue your employers because what they did was illegal.

Then sue your employers because what they did was illegal.
It happens everywhere dude. Restaurant owners are cheap just like you

The idea you dipshits have that these places are making so much money that you can not tip and the restaurant takes care of its employees..
Get a fuckin clue. How many places do you see go under? You think they ever paid their employees?

Yeah i have received payment after someone sued. Took years.. You deserve your money when youre working. Just quit defending being cheap. If you cant tip a waiter eat at home.

If the order is over $700 then yeah I would leave a tip, but if the order costs like $40-50 then nah I'm not leaving a tip.

What a fucked up system. Every other transaction on the planet is here is a product/service for this price. I provide product/service you provide the previously agreed-upon amount of money. End of contract.

Fuck the tipping system. Pointless bullshit that absolves employers of responsibility, and passes it on to employees and customers. Fuck that.

If the order is over $700 then yeah I would leave a tip, but if the order costs like $40-50 then nah I'm not leaving a tip.
Exactlty

This isnt a normal order

Everyone saying "glad she got fired"

Its a fuckin outback steakhouse. Shes likely going to get a better job. These types of places go through employees like flies. Its not the end of the world to lose a bullshit job. They likely lost a gem. Someone who put up with their bullshit

Why the hell is a waiter delivering $700 of food to a car.

Thats a huge order. Manager should be doing that shit. Server has tables to worry about.

And point proven. . The restaurant had to pay out of pocket to pay the church. Honestly the waiter got them good

People that want tiping gone wouldnt be able to afford to go out to eat. Prices would go up big time, and many of your favorite restaurants would go under. Its really not that bad.. If i like the service i tip well, ive been in their shoes. Waiting tables fuckin blows.

This is what blows my mind about the anti-tipping people. Some restaurants have abolished tipping and the increase to the price of the food was around 25%. As a consumer, you'll be paying more.

At the bottom of the bill where there is a spot to write in the tip I always put "get a better job" and then a little winky face

no you dont tip take out, you tip delivery, but if its 700 bucks worth of shit you obviously tip because its 700+ bucks of food, but for regular orders on take out you dont tip

and as we are on this, if you dont tip 20% you are basically a primate swinging from trees

At the bottom of the bill where there is a spot to write in the tip I always put "get a better job" and then a little winky face
Lol. One of these days someone on the edge will stab you in the parking lot

This is like pissing on someones grave. On another level of being an ass

Not tipping on delivery seems outrageous to me, but our tipping etiquette is different.

Lol. One of these days someone on the edge will stab you in the parking lot

This is like pissing on someones grave. On another level of being an ass

but the winky face is smiling

like ;)

so it's a happy joke

Church only takes tips they don't give them. really she should've gave them 10%.

It happens everywhere dude. Restaurant owners are cheap just like you

The idea you dipshits have that these places are making so much money that you can not tip and the restaurant takes care of its employees..
Get a fuckin clue. How many places do you see go under? You think they ever paid their employees?

Yeah i have received payment after someone sued. Took years.. You deserve your money when youre working. Just quit defending being cheap. If you cant tip a waiter eat at home.

Im sure people break laws everywhere. If you continue working for people that break them, its your own fault. Why would you bring up the illegal actions of people you sued and won against as some sort of norm?

On what planet did I say they make so much money? I said it's illegal to not pay minimum wage and pay them like 2 bucks an hour. Because it's objectively true.

I don't condone her social media action and I think getting fired was the right thing but with that said, take out or eat in, I don't care. A $735 order deserves a tip. Not a mandated tip but just something to say thank you to the people that just made your food.

People who work in the tipping industry are so fucking ridiculous. I once had a friend who said that not only should you be tipping 20% of your tab but you should also be tipping based on the amount of time you occupy that space. So if you sit down after work for a few hours and have some beers with coworkers you need to tip 20% of the bill + whatever time you sat there for. He didn't specify how much it should be but still it's fucking crazy.

lmao @ poor people crying about doing their job. This sense of entitlement is disgusting. Outback was right to fire her.

Back