Times you thought a fighter was nearly dead in a fight

Igor Vov/Bueno was generally acknowledged as the most frightening KO of its era way, way back in the day. Still ranks in the Top 5, tbh. Crazy to think that was 19 years ago.

UnlawfulGrimDinosaur-size_restricted.gif

I've never been worried. It's rare and newsworthy when someone dies in competition that I'm not worried. A KOd person is supposed to be unconscious and stiffness is a known occurrence. Why think differently when seeing somebody go down that THIS is the real deal?

This. Sounds callous but it's true. How your body reacts after getting knocked unconscious is a defense mechanism/self-preservation. You go limp and the subsequent blows are less harmful than if you were tense. Still not good for you obviously but far less damaging. I can't say I've ever felt someone was dead or otherwise permanently harmed in any MMA fight I've seen.

Most of the deaths you see in street fights are from guys heads bouncing on concrete or a curb after getting knocked out or when some jackass loses control and won't stop after someone is clearly done.

One not been mentioned yet - that uraiah hall kick from tuf house.

Thought Lombard vs Hendo was the first live death.

Back