Time seems to be flying by fast, seems like 2010 was just yesterday

pretty sure yesterday was the 19th

After highschool and especially college we kind of stop living. its just grinding out one day of work and in the back of your mind you always know (shit, Ill have to be back tomorrow morning)

Its impossible to enjoy yourself when you only have 3-8 hours before you have to go to sleep and get up bright and early to go back to work.

None of us our really free
. Well, maybe there is a random sherdogger on here that has a net worth of a couple million and could never work again. But thats not the majority of us.

In HS everything is exciting. You are growing into a person. You see your friends every day...even though you have to be there its not like you actually have to really do anything.Then you go home and play video games for the rest of the day and night with no cares in the world

thats on purpose. the people in charge don't want you to think for yourself or have time to learn about what really goes on in this world of ours.

slavery has been perfected in the 20th century especially when people think a little money means they're free.

After highschool and especially college we kind of stop living. its just grinding out one day of work and in the back of your mind you always know (shit, Ill have to be back tomorrow morning)

Its impossible to enjoy yourself when you only have 3-8 hours before you have to go to sleep and get up bright and early to go back to work.

None of us our really free. Well, maybe there is a random sherdogger on here that has a net worth of a couple million and could never work again. But thats not the majority of us.

In HS everything is exciting. You are growing into a person. You see your friends every day...even though you have to be there its not like you actually have to really do anything.Then you go home and play video games for the rest of the day and night with no cares in the world

yup thats true

In high school and college you can enjoy every day, in school even though you are learning and in class you still have fun, you might have that boring ass class but its fun, you dont have to do much just study have two lunch breaks, and you got an hour and half of PE just to goof around and talk.

I remember I used to gamble in junior high Id play POGs and I would win a couple dollars then the principal caught us behind the bleachers and suspended us and never returned our slammers and pogs.

In high school I worked a part time job but it was in the summer it was fun, school was fun no worries about bills.

Heck summer time seemed like a year, it was only 2 months and then back to school. now two months passes like nothing

The typical day for the majority of Americans is get up early, go to work for several Hours repeat this, every day comeback home around 6 or 7pm, usually grab a bite to eat go home or cook dinner, watch a show or check emails or facebook, go to bed.

Friday night is usually the time you have off and then Saturday and Sunday.

Rich people seem to be able to enjoy every single hour of the day, get up on their own terms, go to nice restaurants whenever they want.

None of us our really free. Well, maybe there is a random sherdogger on here that has a net worth of a couple million and could never work again. But thats not the majority of us.

Shit....got....real.

tenor.gif

That isn't true for everyone.

I worked jobs for twenty years that didn't stop me from living. I had a lot of friends, went to cool places, did fun things.

Then I hit forty and it all stopped, I didn't have the energy to do fun things. Not even on the weekends because my responsibilities get in the way.

But my twenties and thirties were awesome, I did a hell of a lot more living then than when I was in college or high school.

The last decade or so feels so uninspired culturally, our media and art has become formulaic and overly contrived to where everything new feels like it already happened a year or more ago.

Actual functioning originality used to be a thing in the bygone eras

We have technological advances resulting in petty conveniences, but the large inspiring actually useful progress we should have, we've mostly gone backwards in that department

That feel when the music you grew up listening to is now played on the lunch retro hour :(

yeah its weird, when I was young and going to school time went by so slow, I remember how slow it went it was like you had more time, now after high school and college time is flying fast I think when you have things to do it goes by alot quicker in high school you really have nothing else to do but go to school chill with friends so you got a lot of time to socialize and enjoy life.

people who work a regular 9 to 5 life goes by fast. not much time to really enjoy life until maybe the weekends.

Absolutely, I remember it taking forever it seemed to get my license at 16 then to purchase beer at 21 and hit the bars haha

I always ran a 100 mph when I was younger and my father would always tell me 'son slow you're ass down life passes fast enough' and I would always say yea right but it could not be more truth to it as it is when I look back now at 39

I was looking at some old youtube UFC countdowns from 2010-2011 with Brock Lesnar and now its 2018 it seems like that was just yesterday.

Seems weird, when I was in highschool it was like time went by so slow, like a month seemed like a year, now years go by quicker.
It's the same for me, only when I smoke a joint. :D

Absolutely, I remember it taking forever it seemed to get my license at 16 then to purchase beer at 21 and hit the bars haha

I always ran a 100 mph when I was younger and my father would always tell me 'son slow you're ass down life passes fast enough' and I would always say yea right but it could not be more truth to it as it is when I look back now at 39

yup man what you said right there is the truth

life passes fast enough your pops was spot on when you become an adult it passes fast

also the license to drinking time period that goes by real slow, you cant wait to drive and you cant wait to turn 21 to drink, but you are thinking about it its like the more you want something to come to you faster the more time tells you nope just because you want it fast imma slow it down, and then when you dont want it to go fast it goes by fast like hanging with friends, I remember hanging with some old buddies from college and we went to watch the game and enjoy a bit to eat and drink, 4 hours past like it was only 10 minutes.

We were chatting about old times and talking for hours but it seemed to pass so quickly because we were enjoying ourselves

That feel when the music you grew up listening to is now played on the lunch retro hour :(

Man this is so true, I remember turning it to the Oldies station and was expecting to hear 1950s and 60s songs, but they were playing 80s and 90s music and it hit me like Dam im old now.

They dont even play the real oldies 50s and 60s music anymore its basically all 80s and 90s and they are called oldies they used to call the 80s music Flashback and it was only played on Fridays on this station, every other day it was music from the 50s 60 and 70s

now every day its mostly 80s and 90s, they might throw in some oldies from the 70s and 60s once and while.

Man this is so true, I remember turning it to the Oldies station and was expecting to hear 1950s and 60s songs, but they were playing 80s and 90s music and it hit me like Dam im old now.

They dont even play the real oldies 50s and 60s music anymore its basically all 80s and 90s and they are called oldies they used to call the 80s music Flashback and it was only played on Fridays on this station, every other day it was music from the 50s 60 and 70s

now every day its mostly 80s and 90s, they might throw in some oldies from the 70s and 60s once and while.
It gets worse tho. I’ve heard songs from the early 00s get played too. I mean, it was more than 10 years ago. Feels bad man.

Was just thinking about this recently. I've been trying to slow life down and hold onto each moment, but it seems like im being sucked out the other end much too quickly.

Solid explanations already posted but you cannot discount the obvious, in that each new year is a gradually smaller % of your total lifespan and therefore each year will seem to pass more quickly.

With life being the tragic irony that it is, it makes perfect sense that life will be literally "flying by" as we near the end and typically find the most appreciation for it.

That isn't true for everyone.

I worked jobs for twenty years that didn't stop me from living. I had a lot of friends, went to cool places, did fun things.

Then I hit forty and it all stopped, I didn't have the energy to do fun things. Not even on the weekends because my responsibilities get in the way.

But my twenties and thirties were awesome, I did a hell of a lot more living then than when I was in college or high school.

I dont know man. I guess its my fault for being stuck with jobs lately that I truly do not enjoy. Its like my life revolves around something I hate. I still do a lot of stuff, but its like I'm either working or trying to maximize my time before I have to go back to work. Its always in the back of my mind. Funny thing is I'm one of the best workers in our company despite hating it.

I really need to find a way to become self employed.

i feel 18 but it's been 20 years since then and i have no clue where it went. sometimes i think of stuff i did in like 2003 and think it's not that far away and then remember it's 15 years ago
damn
same here pal

Ah to go back to my prime years again. From mid 2009 to late 2012 was as good as my life's ever been. The subsequent time has been a haze of health problems, shitty jobs, moving from place to place, and generally making no forward progress of any kind.

Sigh.

i feel 18 but it's been 20 years since then and i have no clue where it went. sometimes i think of stuff i did in like 2003 and think it's not that far away and then remember it's 15 years ago
damn
Wrestlemania 19 was in 2003. Doesn't feel that long ago but I saved the ticket stubs and they look like relics of a bygone era.

I still think people born in the year 2000 are 8 years old.

Back