Time says Trump is 'incorrect' after president says he rejected Person of the Year

All politicians are pathological liars. Most lie about big things that effect you. Trump lies about insignificant things, to rustle his detractors, so they go off on insane rants, and the world thinks "Man, those lefties are so ridiculous. I don't care who they run. I'm voting Trump in 2020."

But seriously, you don't even know if Trump is lying here. You're just more than willing to believe he is, because you hate his guts.

Trump lies about everything, significant and not. Your argument is invalid. I've never seen any politician lie so much. He is a pathological liar, that's mental illness.

You think Trump lies just to troll the left, to make criticism of his lies appear ridiculous? OK....

I'm pretty sure that Trump is lying here, and it's only because he lies FAR more often than he tells the truth. Hating him doesn't change what he says. When he lies, it's not because I hate him. It's because he lies more than any politician I've ever seen.

I understand that some of you guys have invested so much time and effort defending Trump, since before the election, that it's hard to see things clearly. But that's no excuse for turning a blind eye to the sleaziest and most incompetent president of our time.

Heretic, you've already admitted that you think it's OK to spread lies and misinformation about someone you don't like, so how much trust do you think we should have in your words? Dishonesty is a disease, and it's very hard to cure.

I understand that since some of you guys have invested so much time and effort defending Trump, since before the election, that it's hard to see things clearly.

I understand that since some of you guys have invested so much time and effort hating Trump, since before the election, that it's hard to see things clearly.

See how that works? You're not making any profound statement. You hate Trump. Got it. You're pretending like your side sees something different with Trump, and he's extra dangerous. Sorry, I lived through the Bush years, and watched your lot float conspiracy theories out there that he was behind 9/11. It's par for the course.

Heretic, you've already admitted that you think it's OK to spread lies and misinformation about someone you don't like

Evil people, with no place in society. Not just simply people I don't like.

Do I think it's fine to spread damaging rumors about a Grand Wizard of the KKK, or a member of ISIS? Sure do. The less credibility they have, the better.

I understand that since some of you guys have invested so much time and effort hating Trump, since before the election, that it's hard to see things clearly.

But you have defended his constant lying. You just think it's OK because you incorrectly think that it's normal. That says a lot about you.

But you have defended his constant lying. You just think it's OK because you incorrectly think that it's normal. That says a lot about you.

The defender of all things Hillary Clinton chimes in.

You're a funny guy, Jacky.

See how that works? You're not making any profound statement. You hate Trump. Got it. You're pretending like your side sees something different with Trump, and he's extra dangerous. Sorry, I lived through the Bush years, and watched your lot float conspiracy theories out there that he was behind 9/11. It's par for the course.
Unfortunatley for you I was generally supportive of Trump during the election year; I went soft on him and was very critical of Hillary. And I totally agree with Computer Fogie, Trump is a compulsive pathological liar.

Some of you are soo tribal when it comes to Trump; you defend him incessantly, because at the end of the day you see him as a fellow ideological traveller.

Unfortunatley for you I was generally supportive of Trump during the election year; I went soft on him and was very critical of Hillary. And I totally agree with Computer Fogie, Trump is a compulsive pathological liar.

Some of you are soo tribal when it comes to Trump; you defend him incessantly, because at the end of the day you see him as a fellow ideological traveller.
It's so hard to keep track of. The media constantly lies about Trump. So, who knows who's telling the truth about anything? You'd have to make it your full time job.

It's so hard to keep track of. The media constantly lies about Trump. So, who knows who's telling the truth about anything? You'd have to make it your full time job.

Except that the media doesn't actually lie about Trump, and we can tell the truth by using reason and looking stuff up. There are occasional difficult issues, but in general, it's not nearly as hard as you're claiming.

Except that the media doesn't actually lie about Trump, and we can tell the truth by using reason and looking stuff up. There are occasional difficult issues, but in general, it's not nearly as hard as you're claiming.
The media played out this Trump quote like he was an idiot that didn't know Japan gave us lots of auto jobs and built lots of cars in America. Much of it only quoted the bolded part. Turns out they were full of shit. So, why should I believe the media when they say anything about Trump?

"
President Trump has a way with words — literally — and his meandering, loose style of speaking can cause him problems. But he's getting too much guff for one particular quote in Japan this morning.
I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...u-s-only-if-you-totally-cherrypick-his-quote/

Last edited:
The media played out this Trump quote like he was an idiot that didn't know Japan gave us lots of auto jobs. Turns out they were full of shit. So, why should I believe the media when they say anything about Trump?

"
President Trump has a way with words — literally — and his meandering, loose style of speaking can cause him problems. But he's getting too much guff for one particular quote in Japan this morning.
I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...u-s-only-if-you-totally-cherrypick-his-quote/

I remember people only quoting the bolded part of that quote, falsely making Trump out to be some kind of idiot.

This bullshit happens all the time. And people believe it.

So, to be clear, you're saying that the Washington Post isn't part of the media?

So, to be clear, you're saying that the Washington Post isn't part of the media?
Of course they are. The point is I don't know when the media is full of shit and when they're telling the truth. It's impossible to know. The media is driven by click-bait revenue, not journalism and truth.

took me five seoncds, but i know i know, doesn't count because trump

Of course they are. The point is I don't know when the media is full of shit and when they're telling the truth. It's impossible to know. The media is driven by click-bait revenue, not journalism and truth.

That story was always true. Just a matter of interpretation of his odd comments (that lent themselves to different interpretations). What Trump does a lot is outright lie--meaning he says stuff that isn't true that he must know isn't true.

Feel free not to believe me, but overnight a couple days ago they reset their poll. Trump was winning by a landslide, the next day he was at 6%.

I'm sure time would never, ever deceive anyone with their highly respected publication...
{<BJPeen}

8683446.1495247895.jpg

There's the Canadian rushing to scream "LEAVE TRUMP ALONE!!!!"

The media applies a slant to their stories, that's different from outright lies.

"It's nice outside" is slant because some people might view the weather differently, they might prefer it warmer or cooler. We don't live on Earth is a lie because there's no 2 different ways to interpret it.

Whether or not Trump rejected "Person of the Year" isn't open to slant. Either it was offered to him and he turned it down. Or he didn't. Trump has shown that he lies about many, many things to further his public image. This isn't even something that has begun since the election. It's a trait that supposedly goes back decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back