Tim Kennedy posts video of "waterboarding himself" to show support for CIA nominee

nothing to do, Kennedy is just living his life like a soldier.
Funny that europe relies mainly on american forces if shit hit the fan, because their military budget is minuscule

Is it funny that when the shit hit your fan , our soldiers went and died in your GWOT ? .

The amazing amount of weakness on display in this thread is embarrassing to behold. The only reason Western Culture survives at all is because of people like Tim Kennedy. If it was up to all the confused children in this thread we'd have been destroyed long ago.

It's allowed. Tbh I am not sure what's not allowed, short of shooting someone. I know for certain they will beat the fuck out of you, closed one buddies eye. He had gotten poked by some kind of poisonous thorn, during the evasion part, right beside his eye. It swelled up a little, so they started targeting it with punches and slaps, until it was full on swollen shut.
don't people have to purportedly agree to having a small appendage broken potentially as part of the torture?

like not sure if they actually go through w/ it, but the threat is certainly there right?

could be a wive's tale though, I've never done the school and people that I know could've been bs'n me

The amazing amount of weakness on display in this thread is embarrassing to behold. The only reason Western Culture survives at all is because of people like Tim Kennedy. If it was up to all the confused children in this thread we'd have been destroyed long ago.

"He yeah! If you don't support torturing people, you're one of them limp wristed nancies! Reeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Western culture!!!!!!"

<Kobe213>

"He yeah! If you don't support torturing people, you're one of them limp wristed nancies! Reeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Western culture!!!!!!"

<Kobe213>

What was the purpose behind water boarding, Mr. Holier Than Thou?

That article does not dispute what I said, in fact at some points it reiterates it. Feinstein, or the committee's report, also never once said that the enhanced techniques did not lead to the courier. The report acknowledged intel was garned through the use of the techniques. They brought into question the techniques, and drew attention to instances where people abused them, but they never said nothing of value was gained through the program.

I am not here to argue for EITs, and clearly there are cases of abuse, just as there will be examples of abuse any time people are put in a position of overwhelming power. However, to say that no good intel came from them when they were used is just not correct. Does the intel gained from these techniques justify them? That is a question for the lawmakers, and I believe they have given their answers by making the use of them illegal. However, if their involvement in the program is disqualifying from being able to serve as Director of the agency, then John Brennan should never have been confirmed. He was confirmed by several people now trying to hold this against Gina Haspel including Feinstein and McCain. Brennan was #4 at the agency at the time, and in a much higher position to be able to speak out against it, which he did not do. Gina was not even the station chief at the time, she was an analyst who was read into the program almost a year after it started. I would argue, that is playing politics with the matter.

One must also put some context to the discussion, anytime that program is being discussed. You have to take into consideration what was happening at the time. You can do a lot of things in an interrogation, if you have infinite time available to you. The people involved in that program did not have that time, the threat of another attack was immenent. Would the CIA do it again? It does not appear so from what has been said. However, I will never believe involvement in the program should be disqualifying from any future promotion, doing so would absolutely send the wrong message to the agents in the field. To not confirm Gina Haspel would do more harm to the agency than any political points you might gain by not doing so.

What was the purpose behind water boarding, Mr. Holier Than Thou?

Nothing that justifies torture?

TTch2pi.gif

That article does not dispute what I said, in fact at some points it reiterates it. Feinstein, or the committee's report, also never once said that the enhanced techniques did not lead to the courier. The report acknowledged intel was garned through the use of the techniques. They brought into question the techniques, and drew attention to instances where people abused them, but they never said nothing of value was gained through the program.

I am not here to argue for EITs, and clearly there are cases of abuse, just as there will be examples of abuse any time people are put in a position of overwhelming power. However, to say that no good intel came from them when they were used is just not correct. Does the intel gained from these techniques justify them? That is a question for the lawmakers, and I believe they have given their answers by making the use of them illegal. However, if their involvement in the program is disqualifying from being able to serve as Director of the agency, then John Brennan should never have been confirmed. He was confirmed by several people now trying to hold this against Gina Haspel including Feinstein and McCain. Brennan was #4 at the agency at the time, and in a much higher position to be able to speak out against it, which he did not do. Gina was not even the station chief at the time, she was an analyst who was read into the program almost a year after it started. I would argue, that is playing politics with the matter.

One must also put some context to the discussion, anytime that program is being discussed. You have to take into consideration what was happening at the time. You can do a lot of things in an interrogation, if you have infinite time available to you. The people involved in that program did not have that time, the threat of another attack was immenent. Would the CIA do it again? It does not appear so from what has been said. However, I will never believe involvement in the program should be disqualifying from any future promotion, doing so would absolutely send the wrong message to the agents in the field. To not confirm Gina Haspel would do more harm to the agency than any political points you might gain by not doing so.

The Senate committee reviewed 20 cases the CIA held up as its most prominent successes. The committee found that in all of those cases, either the information attained had nothing to do with the success or it was acquired from the detainee before the harsh techniques were applied or the information was "already available to the intelligence communities from other sources."

<Kobe213>

Hey remember your lobotomite moral relativist position? Its their culture. Who are you to judge?

<Kobe213>

Nothing that justifies torture?

TTch2pi.gif

So you've got nothing but the expected absurd cookie cutter, self congratulatory answer that will allow you to think you're some sort of deeply intellectual, moral person combined with a GIF. People like you are embarrassing, and don't even have the decency to know you're embarrassing. The fact that you can't even answer one simple question would make an actual itellectual person freeze in their tracks. Not you though. You're too busy congratulating yourself for your assumed morality and marching up that hill to the assumed moral high ground.

don't people have to purportedly agree to having a small appendage broken potentially as part of the torture?

like not sure if they actually go through w/ it, but the threat is certainly there right?

could be a wive's tale though, I've never done the school and people that I know could've been bs'n me
Yes, small appendages are on the release, a friend said his pinky was bent to look like an L. Said it was intentional, and his finger was def crooked.

I know he is not little, thats why i think it is strange that he acts this way, and obviously based on this thread im not the only one who picks up on it

And youre right, he would probably wrestle me down and choke me out or something if I said this too his face, which kinda proves my point tbh...

alot of those special forces guys have huge egos...you sort of have to to do what he did..combine that with being a pro fighter. I like the guy. he's a little over the top, but I like that. I think he had good intentions with the video...

So you've got nothing but the expected absurd cookie cutter, self congratulatory answer that will allow you to think you're some sort of deeply intellectual, moral person combined with a GIF. People like you are embarrassing, and don't even have the decency to know you're embarrassing. The fact that you can't even answer one simple question would make an actual itellectual person freeze in their tracks. Not you though. You're too busy congratulating yourself for your assumed morality and marching up that hill to the assumed moral high ground.

"Nothing justifies torture" isn't an answer?

I mean, I knew you were asshurt, but I didn't think you were so asshurt that a flat condemnation of torture would go so high over your head.

If condemning torture is being self congratulatory and holier than thou, then i'm proud to pat myself on the back and say you ain't shit.

tim kennedy is a pro athlete its a little difference if you bring in a regular guy, malnourished, sleep deprived and do that to him. no longer a fan of kennedy im glad romero knocked him out.

The Senate committee reviewed 20 cases the CIA held up as its most prominent successes. The committee found that in all of those cases, either the information attained had nothing to do with the success or it was acquired from the detainee before the harsh techniques were applied or the information was "already available to the intelligence communities from other sources."
I can provide links to articles that say different. Problem is, you're not going to accept them anymore than I would accept anything from NPR, which is a left-wing publication, as much so as you would accuse anything I posted as proof as being right winged. We can both find links that support our particular point of view on this subject, so what's the point of that? The congress, senate, and the Brennan lead CIA have all claimed that report was terribly biased, and I agree with that summation, while you agree that it isn't. Your article actually supports both our points of view, I can copy and paste lines that state precisely what I have said, directly frim your article, like this one:

"The CIA never would have focused on the individual who turned out to be bin Laden's personal courier without the detention and interrogation program."

Al-Kuwaiti's name was not know before provided by KSM. There had been mention of the courrier, but not a name, and they still had to trace that sudonym to his actual name, but they had a good starting point.

I can provide links to articles that say different. Problem is, you're not going to accept them anymore than I would accept anything from NPR, which is a left-wing publication, as much so as you would accuse anything I posted as proof as being right winged. We can both find links that support our particular point of view on this subject, so what's the point of that? The congress, senate, and the Brennan lead CIA have all claimed that report was terribly biased, and I agree with that summation, while you agree that it isn't. Your article actually supports both our points of view, I can copy and paste lines that state precisely what I have said, directly frim your article, like this one:

"The CIA never would have focused on the individual who turned out to be bin Laden's personal courier without the detention and interrogation program."

Al-Kuwaiti's name was not know before provided by KSM. There had been mention of the courrier, but not a name, and they still had to trace that sudonym to his actual name, but they had a good starting point.

Thats not the NPR saying that, thats the Senate's report. And since its classified its not something that you or i can discuss.

Its only the word of a CIA director vs the word of the Senate.

And in the end you have an unelected body with zero accountability that even spied on the Senate, if thats not overreach, i dont know what is.

If condemning torture is being self congratulatory and holier than thou, then i'm proud to pat myself on the back and say you ain't shit.

Yes, it's amazingly self congratulatory and holier than thou, not to mention naive. It shows the sort of amazingly protected bubble you live in. Yes, you. You live in the single most protected civilization that's ever existed. I know you'll whine and cry about that, because your Cutlural Marxism is too deeply ingrained, and everything functions on the victim oppressor heirarchy, but you are more secure and more privileged than 99.9% of human beings who have ever lived, period. Just because you've always lived a lifestlye that can abstractly dismiss tourture out of hand doesn't make you some kind of a good person. It makes you a dangerously naive person who has never, ever stepped outside of the deep, deep bubble of protection that you live under to actually examine the world you live in, or the motivations behind some things in the world. Hell, you're so deep in that secure little bubble, and so afraid to step out of it that you couldn't even step out of it enough to actually answer a simple question. Because you don't know enough about the question being asked to answer it. You just went with the "TOURTURE IS WRONG!!!" *Pats self on back* routine out of hand. Because it's all people like you know how to do.

Back