Tim Hague Match

yup, and i've always maintained that that was the main culprit in fatalities, being overmatched, duk koo kim had no business even in a champion ship fight, that guy that Ruelas killed had no business there. Like I said, the business of it all is stomach churning.
Ruelas vs Garcia, that was a horrorshow. Only made it worse knowing the guy died.

quite honestly, it's the kind of fight that makes me hate the sport I love. For whatever reasons though, when those guys with no real shot get the big shot it makes them give a superhuman effort, Kim and Ruelas were full of fight right to the end.

Does anyone here think braidwood is sleeping at night? Or is he celebrating his win?

Happens all the time. Floyd Mayweather was 9-0 and fought a guy who was 1-13. Pac was like 10-0 when he fought a guy who was 2-3-0. I could list example after example.
Well, difference here is that those guys probably hadn't been KOed a month prior to the fight which Hague was.

Well, difference here is that those guys probably hadn't been KOed a month prior to the fight which Hague was.
The 2 fights were 6 months apart.

The 2 fights were 6 months apart.
Which? If you mean Hague's boxing matches then what I'm referring to wouldn't be on his official record. It was some weird thing with mma gloves.

These threads are strange, people wanted to see kovalev lose years off his life on an early stoppage but want fights stopped if someone dies in the ring later down the line. It's a very risky sport and it's up to the referee to look after the fighters health as well as all the other instructions we can all probably recite.

that guy didn't belong in no boxing ring, that's the problem. people don't understand the abuse boxers take, and they have acclimated to it over the years, starting from when they are kids, you don't take someone who has no experience getting hit and suddenly hit them, it's dangerous. And yes, i know he had mma exp, but please, i've been around them, they don't really develop their boxing or their ability to take the punishment.

that guy didn't belong in no boxing ring, that's the problem. people don't understand the abuse boxers take, and they have acclimated to it over the years, starting from when they are kids, you don't take someone who has no experience getting hit and suddenly hit them, it's dangerous. And yes, i know he had mma exp, but please, i've been around them, they don't really develop their boxing or their ability to take the punishment.
And the sad, sad thing about this is that it was 100% preventable. Hague, bless his heart, had a habit of getting knocked dead by MMA fighters. He had demonstrated a chin that was not just shaky, but spectacularly brittle, leading to him getting dropped in heavy fashion multiple times in MMA. Any objective look at his fight history and boxing skills should have been enough for almost every AC in North America to say "you are not getting a license to fistfight." This is a failing on every level, starting with and full-circling back around to Braidwood. Braidwood's squad hired the guy in the first place, then the AC approved it, the ref and doctors let it go on, and then his own corner sent him out, and then back to Braidwood doing the fatal damage. Tim Hague was sacrificed upon the altar of a C-level boxer to appease the JBG, with nary an advocate for him intervening on his behalf.

He didn't deserve this. Braidwood should have known better if they were friends like that, even if he wanted to give Tim a payday. It just stinks from all sides.

makes me doubt whether the may/conor fight should have been made. It's not really a good idea.

Back