Tim Hague Match

modulus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel it was criminal that the match was not stopped earlier than it was?? There's a reason for the 3 knock down rule.

Knowing this man died soon after, I felt ill watching this fight. Disgusted, actually. I don't know boxing enough to comment on the quality of refereeing, but holy fuck. Not feeling great about fighting right now.

Is that the same Adam Braidwood that stopped Jimmo about a decade ago then went back to playing in the CFL?

The ref was looking to stop it be cause it wasn't competitive but Hague the tough SOB didn't give him a definitive moment to do so.

Ref is paying close attention during the standing 8's and he's seeing a guy who's cognizant.

My uneducated guess would be that the last punch and his head hitting the ring did the damage. Tough for me to blame the ref here. We all would stop it sooner in hindsight, I might have when he went down on the jab, but he's popping straight back up everytime.

I remember Tim Hague from his UFC run and other MMA appearances. Seemed like a nice Canadian dude. The three knockdown rule seems to be a relic of the past in most boxing jurisdictions nowadays, but with lower level fighters like this on a local show, it's probably not a bad idea. Could have saved his life.

It should have very obviously been stopped with the second knockdown, or even immediately prior to the second knockdown when Hague was curling up into a shell in the corner. Terrible refereeing to let it keep going on.

Rip hope the best for his family

Does anyone else feel it was criminal that the match was not stopped earlier than it was?? There's a reason for the 3 knock down rule.

No, it was an okay stoppage. The left hand lifted Tim's feet inches off the canvas, and he never saw it coming. What was criminal was sanctioning the fucking fight in the first place; so soon after a known glass-jawed MMA fighter had been knocked out, they sanction him as the b-side to fight a face. He was a shitty boxer, he had exhibited a weak chin in MMA, and somehow he was okayed to fight. Look at him. Look at his body. Somebody should have protected him from himself, but the referee wasn't the bad guy.

From my understanding, Hague was knocked out in a previous fight like only a month ago. He should never have been cleared to even fight much less have the fight sanctioned. I think a lawsuit will be looming in short order.

No, it was an okay stoppage. The left hand lifted Tim's feet inches off the canvas, and he never saw it coming. What was criminal was sanctioning the fucking fight in the first place; so soon after a known glass-jawed MMA fighter had been knocked out, they sanction him as the b-side to fight a face. He was a shitty boxer, he had exhibited a weak chin in MMA, and somehow he was okayed to fight. Look at him. Look at his body. Somebody should have protected him from himself, but the referee wasn't the bad guy.
yup and everyone knows that commissions in general are just looking to get their $$$. Look at this face of a match between McGregor and Mayweather.

Adam Braidwood is a known steroid user yet this idiot boxing organization allows him to fight

WTF

His body language was clear enough he couldnt fight anymore after the 2nd KD

A good ref takes into consideration the skill level and previous ko losses of the fighters, he was 1-3 and if he did get ko'ed months prior, those where all signs to take a closer look at Hague and stop the fight sooner, what a peice of shit referee.

Adam Braidwood is a known steroid user yet this idiot boxing organization allows him to fight
steroids are the least of the problems here. A dude i think 1-2 getting sanctioned to fight a guy who was around 10-1 with a higher competition level a month after a brutal KO loss should not be a thing.

eh, I don't think this is the refs fault. The injury pretty clearly happened when Hagues head bounced off the floor.

The ref was doing the proper checks after each KD, Hague never really lost his legs or appeared to be on queer street.

Ref is paying close attention during the standing 8's and he's seeing a guy who's cognizant.

There are no standing 8 counts in boxing, and there have not been, in any jurisdiction, in the last 20 years or so.

eh, I don't think this is the refs fault. The injury pretty clearly happened when Hagues head bounced off the floor.

The ref was doing the proper checks after each KD, Hague never really lost his legs or appeared to be on queer street.
It was a journeyman vs a guy with some regional belt, it wasn't a world championship fight between two highly skilled fighters

Not to brag but I used to attend a lot of cheap local fights and many of these type of fights where there is pretty much nothing at stake other one guy's undefeated record, they're almost always stopped very early by the ref, that should have been the case here

This guy guillotined Pat Barry after getting his ass kicked years ago in the ufc. Several shots to the back of the head there, but not anyone's fault, just part of the sport. Sad though. I can't help but feel like Hague went into this one with some pretty serious brain damage already and most likely was the cause of his death. Terrible outcome, tough to watch when you know a guy is gonna end up dead.

Rip Tim and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

the fight should have been called at the 300 mark imo. Not competitive. Everything after was unnecessary. thoughts to the family. so young. you young guys don't now what you have. I'm in my mid 40's.

Back