Tim Hague Match

trust me running someone over with a train is as brutal as it fucking gets.
i met a man who said he did that, he didn't seem bothered by it at all, he just assumed the guy was committing suicide. I think most people are bothered by it, and we don't really know how much by what we see on the surface. Sugar Ray Robinson said to someone who asked him "did you know you had Doyle in trouble" Ray said, "mister, it's my job to get them in trouble". sounds callous but he was never the same again, in fact, in his next fight, he mentions he kayoed a guy with the same left hook and the guy dropped the same way and someone at ringside said "i think this one's dead too". Ray admitted that if he'd died he would have quit right then and there.

I'm not going to watch the fight again, but there's a pretty severe clash of heads around 3:15 as well, Hague looked rocked by that alone so it's hard for me to imagine why it wouldn't be stopped after the first round. He shouldn't have been allowed to fight, but his corner should have thrown in the towel long before this happened. In my eyes, the commission, his team AND the ref all failed him.

Braidwood got 4.5 years for sexually assaulting his ex, apparently. That's a soft sentence.

historically, most fighters have, but most of them are never the same. The guy who almost killed Greg Page kept fighting but ended up in jail on some charge. Traditionally, heavyweights suffer the least fatalities too, as hard as that may be to believe.

Is that because heavyweights don't cut weight....and therefore don't enter a fight dehydrated.

that's one of the theories, that dehydration makes it easier to traumatize the brain. I think it's also because heavyweights usually throw less than lighter weights. it's usually not one huge blow that causes a fatality it's a sustained beating.

Terrible timing that a former UFC fighter gets killed in the boxing ring.

I've always wondered why the 3 knockdown rule is sometimes not in effect, just seems like it should always end a fight.

I'm not going to watch the fight again, but there's a pretty severe clash of heads around 3:15 as well, Hague looked rocked by that alone so it's hard for me to imagine why it wouldn't be stopped after the first round. He shouldn't have been allowed to fight, but his corner should have thrown in the towel long before this happened. In my eyes, the commission, his team AND the ref all failed him.
True. This is an example of the business side of prizefighting failing its participants. Everybody gets paid except poor fucking Tim. I just don't see how he ever could have gotten licensed as a professional boxer with his lack of pure boxing skills, his history of getting knocked dead in MMA (where the striking skill level is naturally much lower than boxing) and especially booked and commission-approved to fight someone like Braidwood who was obviously on another level physically.

Tim Hague was a tough sonofabitch. Tim Hague was a fighter. Tim Hague should have been protected from himself and had no business in that ring, that night, against that man.

Adam Braidwood is a known steroid user yet this idiot boxing organization allows him to fight
He does looked juiced to the gills in this fight. He's got them boulder shoulders. It was very obvious to me as soon as I started watching.

I've always wondered why the 3 knockdown rule is sometimes not in effect, just seems like it should always end a fight.
We may have never seen the Pac/Marquez series if that were so.

He does looked juiced to the gills in this fight. He's got them boulder shoulders. It was very obvious to me as soon as I started watching.

If I were the Hague family lawyer, I'd subpoena his blood and then test it for PEDs

Does anyone else feel it was criminal that the match was not stopped earlier than it was?? There's a reason for the 3 knock down rule.

Why did they not stop it after the third? Was it seriously no three knockdown rule?

I thought it was an MMA fight, thanks for the link.

Bad ref.

RIP.

Why did they not stop it after the third? Was it seriously no three knockdown rule?
it was probably because the whole event was a lower level event and everyone involved was pretty amateurish. there was a woman a few years ago who took a terrible beating in a fight where the ref let it go and go. Those kinds of events probably have some ref who moonlights but doesn't really know what he's doing, they seem to think it's their job to make sure the audience gets it's money's worth. Even top refs fuck up sometimes, so that surely is worse at that level.

Anyone have a new link?
Link posted by OP/Thread starter is down.

I just don't see how he ever could have gotten licensed as a professional boxer with his lack of pure boxing skills, his history of getting knocked dead in MMA (where the striking skill level is naturally much lower than boxing) and especially booked and commission-approved to fight someone like Braidwood who was obviously on another level physically.
eh, he had 3 pro fights and his opponent wasn't some killer. Fights like this are common.

eh, he had 3 pro fights and his opponent wasn't some killer. Fights like this are common.
7-1 beasts vs 1-3 palookas that were KO'd last week?
And that's why Hague is dead. Shrug it off if you want though, it's just another black eye in a sport known for trashy business like this.

7-1 beasts vs 1-3 palookas that were KO'd last week?
And that's why Hague is dead. Shrug it off if you want though, it's just another black eye in a sport known for trashy business like this.
Happens all the time. Floyd Mayweather was 9-0 and fought a guy who was 1-13. Pac was like 10-0 when he fought a guy who was 2-3-0. I could list example after example.

yup, and i've always maintained that that was the main culprit in fatalities, being overmatched, duk koo kim had no business even in a champion ship fight, that guy that Ruelas killed had no business there. Like I said, the business of it all is stomach churning.

Back