Tim Hague declared brain dead after boxing KO

Yeah lets keep posting his death video

Come on now

Just about everyone is going to watch it.

Everyone SHOULD watch it.

So when they finally ban all combat sports, starting with boxing and MMA, it won't be like we hadn't seen why.

It's tough to say. There are guys who have been KO'd more often than that and still look completely healthy. Overeem comes to mind.

How do you tell from the outside? It would be a miracle if Overeem can speak in 10 years. The guy should have quit the sport a LONG time ago but he doesn't know what's best for him.

Don't really want to watch the fight, was it a flash KO or was he getting dropped and rocked again and again

Tim hague is completely wrecked even if he gets out of this coma... been reading about past boxers and extreme injuries and they don't seem to ever make it back. Feel very bad for tims family!

How do you tell from the outside? It would be a miracle if Overeem can speak in 10 years. The guy should have quit the sport a LONG time ago but he doesn't know what's best for him.

George Chuvalo and Jake Lamotta and others have taken more punches to the head in their careers than them and they lived to be very old healthy men, I think they're still alive too in their 80s/90s.

And then you got boxers who had great defense in their careers and took comparatively very little damage and still end up with complications later in life.

So what are you supposed to draw from this data?

Damn. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

I feel very bad for him and his family.

That's why you shouldn't fuck around with boxers though.

Why did he get into boxing? Its also very rare for heavyweight boxers to die from brain trauma, its usually the smaller weights since they drain water from their body causing the brain easier to swell

People who know what's best for them never get involved with getting punched in the head for a living anyway. Gotta remember, the way you're talking it's a very slippery slope to just scrapping combat sports altogether. Not one doctor on the planet is going to tell a patient that it's a great idea to go out and potentially get punched and kicked in the head repeatedly this weekend.

Why did he get into boxing? Its also very rare for heavyweight boxers to die from brain trauma, its usually the smaller weights since they drain water from their body causing the brain easier to swell

No clue whether or not weight cutting has anything to do with it, but the majority of deaths from brain injuries related to combat sports come after long sustained beatings from hard hitters who couldn't close the deal. HWs tend to have a lot more one hitter quitters and that probably has at least as much if not more to do with it than any weight cutting.

Don't really want to watch the fight, was it a flash KO or was he getting dropped and rocked again and again
Both. Plus, he got hit with a headbutt that rocked him. That seemed to be what caused his downward spiral.

I dont want to watch either, its either a vicious ko or prolonged beating im guessing?

He got rocked multiple times, dropped and then knocked out cold.

ok dude - again people asking how this can be possible - incompetent commissions allowing guys who should not be in the ring.

So who should we allow to compete and not? The last 2 boxers Tim Hague lost to were 5-0 and 8-0, hardly world champions.

In MMA Tim's record is 21-13 and most of his KO losses were against completely unknown fighters so it's not like he was thrown to the wolves.

People who know what's best for them never get involved with getting punched in the head for a living anyway. Gotta remember, the way you're talking it's a very slippery slope to just scrapping combat sports altogether. Not one doctor on the planet is going to tell a patient that it's a great idea to go out and potentially get punched and kicked in the head repeatedly this weekend.

Yeah I get that most fighters are completely out of their minds, but surely after being on the receiving end of that many KOs from completely unknown fighters without Wikipedia pages you must realize that it's time to hang it up?

Tim Hague should have gave it up the second time he got cut from UFC. Always liked the guy for his heart, but he never was good enough. Fucking sucks, he got a taste of blood and couldn't quit until it was too late for him. RIP.

I just watched the fight.

Didn't see any problem with the reffing. Just one huge punch that did him in

According to wikipedia Hague has been KO'd 5 times and TKO'd 3. I'm sorry but the man had no business being in an octagon or boxing ring after having his brain scrambled so many times.

Which incompetent athletic commission gave the green light for this guy to fight?

I'd wager there are plenty of pro football and hockey players who were concussed far more often than Hague was KO'd. You can't blame the commission over this.

George Chuvalo and Jake Lamotta and others have taken more punches to the head in their careers than them and they lived to be very old healthy men, I think they're still alive too in their 80s/90s.

And then you got boxers who had great defense in their careers and took comparatively very little damage and still end up with complications later in life.

So what are you supposed to draw from this data?

Man, Chuvalo was one serious tough guy. Never knocked down once in his career and was the first fighter to take Ali past the 12th round. After their first fight, Ali went to the hospital because he was pissing blood, and Chuvalo went dancing with his wife. That man had an insane chin.

Used to post on nexopia/enternexus with Tim, he wouldn't remember everyone from the mma forum there but he was always a solid guy, knew he'd hit the big leagues at least for a day and had a good spirit. This is sad news and after watching the fight it should have been stopped prior to that last flurry but Tim just kept on going. Hope his family is well taken care of in these tough times. :(

Back