Tim Hague declared brain dead after boxing KO

Have you guys never watched boxing?

The rules vary. The 3 knockdown rule not being in affect isn't uncommon at all

4 knockdowns in the FIRST ROUND, six knockdowns overall.

I've been watching boxing for 15 years, not on a weekly basis but that was the latest stoppage I've ever seen.

He got knocked down 5 times in rd 1. lol

Since when is there no limit of times a boxer can get knocked down in a round?
Oh I dunno, 100 years or so.

3 knockdown rule isn't a mandatory boxing rule.

Just like some fights you can be saved by the bell. Some fights are 4 rounds and some are 12. Some fights there's no standing 8 count.

Oh I dunno, 100 years or so.

3 knockdown rule isn't a mandatory boxing rule.

Just like some fights you can be saved by the bell. Some fights are 4 rounds and some are 12. Some fights there's no standing 8 count.

I think a lot of people got their idea of the rules of boxing from Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Either way, that ref has no business ever stepping in a ring again. Hague's corner has blood on their hands as well for letting him come back for round 2.

4 knockdowns in the FIRST ROUND, six knockdowns overall.

I've been watching boxing for 15 years, not on a weekly basis but that was the latest stoppage I've ever seen.
Lol?
I think a lot of people got their idea of the rules of boxing from Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Either way, that ref has no business ever stepping in a ring again. Hague's corner has blood on their hands as well for letting him come back for round 2.
It baffles me how were on a combat sports forum and nobody here seems to have watched a boxing match before lol.

I actually think the ref was fine. This is just a fluke injury. I've seen so much worse. This is just a tragic incident. Tim knew what he was getting into. I think the way the back of his head hit the ground is what caused it. Not the damage he took in round 1.

He looked like he was moving and fighting back up to the knockout. I am not blaming anyone here.

If you do want to point fingers. The corner is more to blame than the ref.

I feel horrible for his family.

I feel bad for Braidwood. I imagine that it was as much the previous 10 years of getting battered as it was the few minutes in the ring, but it must still be hard for Braidwood to carry that around.

Lol?

It baffles me how were on a combat sports forum and nobody here seems to have watched a boxing match before lol.

I actually think the ref was fine. This is just a fluke injury. I've seen so much worse. This is just a tragic incident. Tim knew what he was getting into. I think the way the back of his head hit the ground is what caused it. Not the damage he took in round 1.

He looked like he was moving and fighting back up to the knockout. I am not blaming anyone here.

If you do want to point fingers. The corner is more to blame than the ref.

Can you post a video of another boxing match where there were 6 knockdowns in the first round and a half.

I didn't see 6 knockdowns in that fight. I saw an uncoordinated man with what appeared to be almost no idea how to box repeatedly end up on the canvas because he didn't know how to stay on his feet and defend himself under those rules. It wasn't more damage than countless other fighters have endured, until the brutal KO and head bounce happened. It's a tragedy and I felt terrible watching the fight but it didn't look like a preventable one to me. He was an outmatched fighter but no one who was watching that live would've thought anything life-threatening was about to happen.

KO happens at 5:26 in the video. The fight should have been stopped earlier Hague got dropped multiple times and never really looked like he was competitive in this fight. Given how the fight went down it is surprising that this fight was sanctioned.

Man putting your life on the line for no money and literally no upside

See alot of amateurs take hard shots too and dont know how its worth it

Yes it does, there is only so much damage you can take before you run in to problems. Receiving damage to the head is not like a wound that just heals after a while. The damages in the past add up and if you have been taking lots of damage, then you are in trouble.

Why do you think fighters are sparring less? Its because the damage builds up over time unless a fighter is taking giant gaps of absents from sparring/fighting.

Also Tim Hague has been brutally KOed 4 times just in the MMA since August 2015 and that's not counting the sparring sessions...

He died from bleeding in the brain. I don't need to know the medical examiner's report to know this. Being concussed repeatedly can lead to dementia and long term problems. It does not lead to an increased risk of dying from being KO. He was getting pummeled that entire fight.

Boxing should do away with the standing
I only saw the tail end of the fight, but it looked like Tim was in control of his faculties at that point. He wasn't mounting much offense, but that's not unusual for the last half minute before someone loses by KO. Were the previous round a Holmes-Ali type of match?
he wasn't in the fight offensively at all imho and when he was down that many times in the first that was enough and calling it then might have saved his life

That fight should have been stopped far earlier than it was - there is a reason for the 3 knock down rule.

There's plenty of blame to go around

He should of never been in that ring in the first place

According to wikipedia Hague has been KO'd 5 times and TKO'd 3. I'm sorry but the man had no business being in an octagon or boxing ring after having his brain scrambled so many times.

Which incompetent athletic commission gave the green light for this guy to fight?

there's even mma fighters that have as many KO's and keep fighting

Back