Tim Hague declared brain dead after boxing KO

I wonder if that's the same Adam Braidwood that stopped Ryan Jimmo about ten years ago? I seem to remember him playing in the CFL.

didn't know he went into boxing. Wasn't he on the other end of the infamous flash KO by Duffee?

Thats sad news. Im not surprised. Its fighting. However you cant blame anyone really its the fight game. these guys aren't stupid they know the consequences. This also a rare tragedy so those who say the towel should have been thrown or the ref should have stopped it, maybe so but we have seen MANY fights where fighters got destroyed and we thought the thing shoulda been stopped way earlier and the fighter turned out just fine.

Sad to hear. Always tragic but it comes with the territory.

<mma1>

Sad stuff right here. I watched the fight but wish I wouldn't have. Just sad. You got to respect any man or woman that steps in there and puts it on the line because they truly are putting it all on the line each and every time they fight, anything like this can happen. Just terrible.

What in the fuck was his corner thinking what a fucking tragedy Jesus why did they send him in round 2 he was obviously going to get ko'd.
yeah he clearly had some very stupid people around him.

ridiculous

It's just like the Duke roufus incident

Actually, even worse.

So is he alive then? Whats with the conflicting reports

this can't be good for the mindset of conor mcgregor who is also an mma fighter moving to a sport he knows very little about in boxing

This thread is not about Conor.

If you want to talk about Conor, there is a whole sub-forum for that.

shitty part of the sport, it happens all the time in boxing

Very sad to hear this. Makes me almost ashamed of supporting this sport.

According to wikipedia Hague has been KO'd 5 times and TKO'd 3. I'm sorry but the man had no business being in an octagon or boxing ring after having his brain scrambled so many times.

Which incompetent athletic commission gave the green light for this guy to fight?

Alistair Overeem has been knocked out 13 times and he's still in the UFC.

Hopefully Mayweather doesn't kill McGregor. People die in boxing. Only one died in MMA.

which sport? he got hurt in boxing. Blame boxing

And you don't think 8 KO losses in the HW division in MMA, half of them in the past 3 years have contributed.......?

Hopefully Mayweather doesn't kill McGregor. People die in boxing. Only one died in MMA.
There have been multiple MMA deaths, though far less per bout than boxing. They don't get as much coverage and little collated stats.
I know of 4.

According to wikipedia Hague has been KO'd 5 times and TKO'd 3. I'm sorry but the man had no business being in an octagon or boxing ring after having his brain scrambled so many times.

Which incompetent athletic commission gave the green light for this guy to fight?

It's tough to say. There are guys who have been KO'd more often than that and still look completely healthy. Overeem comes to mind.

Good to hear he's still fighting through this , hope he manages to come back in full health. I hear he has a young kid and I hope that kid doesn't have to grow up without his father. Pull through Hague ...

Back