Tim Hague declared brain dead after boxing KO

I looked at his record and it looked like he suffered several KO losses the Last couple years. Ironically enough he beats the running man Kalib Starnes. But yeah this sucks. There was a lapse in safety here. That's why Rashad was denied a license in NY they found something on his MRI

Damn I saw the fight. It looked as if the trauma may have been from when the back of his head bounced off the canvas.

But in hindsight which is easy for us to do after the fact. He was knocked down twice before and looked as if the fight should have been stopped.

Just watched the boxing match. He was clearly outmatched. Corners have to start throwing in the towel more often. There's no shame in living another day with just a loss.

Just watched the boxing fight. His head smacked the canvas with so much force. Wow.

Fuck me that's rough
RIP Tim thoughts to his family

The fight game man..

Fuck that sucks. The referees need to get more educated on this shit. He took a beating.

ive got a mate thats thinking about booking his first boxing bout soon. i know this sort of thing is rare, but, yeah :/

poor guy, fucking sucks

This and other tragedies highlight the importance of fighter safety before during and after the fights. This is sad to hear and it happens too often.

Damn I saw the fight. It looked as if the trauma may have been from when the back of his head bounced off the canvas.

But in hindsight which is easy for us to do after the fact. He was knocked down twice before and looked as if the fight should have been stopped.

Yeah, around 2.20 of the fight (video), there was also an unintentional headbutt that landed and rocked him.

RIP Tim. Tragic news.

In case anyone wants to see the fight...

Last edited:
This is the ugly part of the sport and shows the true risks that guys and girls take when they step in a ring or octagon to fight. The human brain isn't meant to be bounced around like that, and there are no guarantees you get out alive, so respect must be given to anyone who takes the risk and steps up to fight.

RIP, thoughts for his family.

As others said, the ref should have stopped the fight much earlier. He was knock down several times, once by a single jab! His corner should also have thrown the towel.

So sad.

What in the fuck was his corner thinking what a fucking tragedy Jesus why did they send him in round 2 he was obviously going to get ko'd.

According to wikipedia Hague has been KO'd 5 times and TKO'd 3. I'm sorry but the man had no business being in an octagon or boxing ring after having his brain scrambled so many times.

Which incompetent athletic commission gave the green light for this guy to fight?
Edmonton Combative Sports Commission. http://www.ecsc.ca/

Last edited:
Yeah, around 2.20 of the fight (video), there was also an unintentional headbutt that landed and rocked him.

RIP Tim. Tragic news.

DQoae.gif

Back