Tim Elliot Wineing About Pay

As long as the UFC rebooks him quickly he can come out of this quite well

He's right, its like being told to study for an exam months before, and then the exam is cancelled

I'm 100% OK with fighters refusing to continue if their opponent grossly misses weight. The reason this problem exists is because the rules are too lax.

For the 125 division, being FIVE pounds over is a huge advantage. Either you are that much bigger for the division, or you didn't have to go through a hard weight cut like everyone else and show up fresher. It's completely ridiculous.

Make the rule you give up 75% of your purse if you miss by more than 2lbs, and this problem goes away over night. For a 20% ding guys are willing to skirt the system and cheat.

I'd be irritated with Elliot if the guy was a pound over, mistakes happen. Being over by 5lbs in the 125 division is not an accident, its straight up cheating the system.

5lbs over is a bit much especially @FLW come fight night you could be fighting a FW. But for the love of God stop with the crying you sound like you want the people to start a GoFundMe account for your 2yr old. Your division is dying slowly you want to impress the boss you should've fought that b!tch take a extra 20% and show the brass you can still cut ass even if your opponent don't do the right thing...

Wineing and dineing are two of my favorite hobbies.

5 lbs. is a lot to miss by. Dude would have been a lot fresher without those final 5 pound cut.

5lbs over is a bit much especially @FLW come fight night you could be fighting a FW. But for the love of God stop with the crying you sound like you want the people to start a GoFundMe account for your 2yr old. Your division is dying slowly you want to impress the boss you should've fought that b!tch take a extra 20% and show the brass you can still cut ass even if your opponent don't do the right thing...

I get your point, honestly I do, but consider this - If these guys all just keep rolling over, nothing ever changes.

The punishment for being 5lbs over needs to be way more severe then 20%, which is why guys are willing to be that unprofessional. Lineker missed weight THREE TIMES before they finally sent him up a division, and he unfairly beat all those guys.

Fighters have no advocacy and basically spend their careers kissing the ring 'or else' save for a few marquee guys who have some leverage. So be it. When it comes to being forced to fight someone who didn't follow the rules - the most basic rule of prize fighting is making the weight - now we are really into inequitable territory.

If the guy is a pound over, mistakes happen, lets move on with the show. If you are talking flyweights being 5lbs over? That is literally 4% of their total body weight. That is just ridiculous.

If the guy is a pound over, mistakes happen, lets move on with the show. If you are talking flyweights being 5lbs over? That is literally 4% of their total body weight. That is just ridiculous.
Even missing weight by one pound should result in a purse deduction but if you are overweight by 5+ pounds then the fight should be called off. You shouldn't be allowed to fight if you miss weight by that much.

Yet he was still offered fight with 20% of his opponents pay and turned it down. What sort of fighters mentality is this?

The kind that knows losing gets you cut and that his asshole bosses don't remember it for 2 seconds if you save their ass by fighting an opponent who missed weight?

He got his show up money, that's what should happen, he choose to not fight at catchweight (130 lbs) so yeah he should be getting win bonus etc. Ricardo Lamas is fighting Josh Emmet who missed for 3 lbs too, Elliot made his choice.

I don't like fighters not accepting fights or catch weights against opponents who missed weight but took the fight on short notice.
Should be glad someone gave them a chance to present themself and that the money for camp etc. won't get wasted. Also bigger chance for a win, when the opponent didn't had a full training camp.
If that's true then I have to agree. In fact he should be glad he got his show money for doing nothing.

If he smart, he'll take the fight, get his show money, 20% of his opponents purse which is guaranteed, then maybe actually win the fight.

I get your point, honestly I do, but consider this - If these guys all just keep rolling over, nothing ever changes.

The punishment for being 5lbs over needs to be way more severe then 20%, which is why guys are willing to be that unprofessional. Lineker missed weight THREE TIMES before they finally sent him up a division, and he unfairly beat all those guys.

Fighters have no advocacy and basically spend their careers kissing the ring 'or else' save for a few marquee guys who have some leverage. So be it. When it comes to being forced to fight someone who didn't follow the rules - the most basic rule of prize fighting is making the weight - now we are really into inequitable territory.

<mma4> Points made...

How is it a DQ when the fight didn't even happen?
If he doesn't like it, negotiate a flat rate contract, the win bonus is for fights who fought and win, not for the winner of weightcuts...
U said obviously not FOTN bonus, but with your logic, his only opportunity is to fight the bigger guy to get it, so using your flawed logic, he should have gotten FOTN bonus too! Ur contradicting yourself
umm, your comprehension is not good.
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.14.56 PM.png

Tim Elliot is a big ass dude for his weightclass, its hilarious 5lbs + 20% of purse isn't enough for him to take the fight. For a guy that didn't do half bad against mighty mouse, this is an odd move.

uh yea, we do. would you work for 2 months at a job where after taxes and expenses to do your job ... you made no profit? of course you wouldn't.

You're ignorant. Elliot actually pays way less taxes than the rest of us because he gets to deduct all his expenses. But go ahead, pretend like we should feel sorry for a guy who makes six figures and doesn't have to work half the year.

You're ignorant. Elliot actually pays way less taxes than the rest of us because he gets to deduct all his expenses. But go ahead, pretend like we should feel sorry for a guy who makes six figures and doesn't have to work half the year.
He maybe made 6 figures, minus expenses for camps and medicals after taxes, and he's a "contractor" so he pays for his own health insurance and retirement. He prob took home 50K this year. If you think he's living some high life off that, then you're poor.

Back