Tim Elliot Wineing About Pay

I don't like fighters not accepting fights or catch weights against opponents who missed weight but took the fight on short notice.
Should be glad someone gave them a chance to present themself and that the money for camp etc. won't get wasted. Also bigger chance for a win, when the opponent didn't had a full training camp.

Lol, he wants 50k bonus now? How many FOTN he has? You're not a fuckin Nate Diaz pal, calm down.

He's talking about his win bonus, the second half of the show/win purse most lower level fighters have.

He didn't even fight or anything and he is bitching. You got half your money to make weight bitch.

TIm Elliot is now disqualified from the anyone, anytime, anywhere club.

The sort of professional mentality that means he turns up and makes weight.
5 lbs is a lot if you're weighing in at 125.
ufcv cant control the other guy not making weight tho. So they paid him his show money to not fight, and offered him 20% of his opponents pay to fight with the chance of getting his win bonus and performance bonus yet he declined it. Which is cool, that's his choice, but at this point he shouldn't complain about not getting a win bonus.

ufcv cant control the other guy not making weight tho. So they paid him his show money to not fight, and offered him 20% of his opponents pay to fight with the chance of getting his win bonus and performance bonus yet he declined it. Which is cool, that's his choice, but at this point he shouldn't complain about not getting a win bonus.
Exactly. He knew his options. He picked the one he wanted and now he is complaining to try and get the other option to. I have no problem with him turning down the fight but don't then complain about the option you picked.

DJ didn't get paid show money for making weight when Borg pulled out, so what makes you think Elliott got paid?
Read his twits dumbo, if u don't read Twitter at least read the ones we repost on Sherdog

Exactly. He knew his options. He picked the one he wanted and now he is complaining to try and get the other option to. I have no problem with him turning down the fight but don't then complain about the option you picked.
Yea 100%. sucks but he could have definitely made a bit more money just fighting and even losing, must not have been confident enough that he would have won. I would do him no favors if I ran the ufc after that

I don't like fighters not accepting fights or catch weights against opponents who missed weight but took the fight on short notice.
Should be glad someone gave them a chance to present themself and that the money for camp etc. won't get wasted. Also bigger chance for a win, when the opponent didn't had a full training camp.
Alex Oliveira vs Will Brooks came to mind. Cowboy was like, what, 10 pounds overweight? And just smashed Brooks in the 3rd

No harm in asking. He's not the only guy to get show and win after there opponent pulled out. I see nothing wrong with getting show and win if you turn up and make weight. I think all fighters need to have that in there contracts tbh.

I agree with Tim on that one. 20% is bad compensation if the guy kicks your ass cause he outweighed you. Make that 40%.

Alex Oliveira vs Will Brooks came to mind. Cowboy was like, what, 10 pounds overweight? And just smashed Brooks in the 3rd

Most likely would have smashed him anyways. Brooks has been garbage in the ufcf

Didn't this guy take the fight on short notice? Didn't even know Scoggins was out till just now.

I respect TS for not editing his title post roasting.

This Bud Light is for you. And Corn Nuts...corn to the core...back to you Joe.

<Goldie11>

The sort of professional mentality that means he turns up and makes weight.
5 lbs is a lot if you're weighing in at 125.

Luckily Tim Elliot doesn't weigh 125 pounds. He cuts a significant amount of weight, which is obvious if you saw how large he was in the cage against Mighty Mouse. He could even be heavier than his opponent, this Menga guy. The difference could just be that Elliot had the wherewithal to get through a tough cut, and Menga didn't. Some guys can cut 20 pounds like it's nothing, others struggle to cut 15.

Yet he was still offered fight with 20% of his opponents pay and turned it down. What sort of fighters mentality is this?

the mentality of someone who isn't willing to take 20% to give his opponent a huge size advantage, because a loss screws you in the UFC?

how about the mentality of "fans" who are criticizing the guy who actually made weight instead of the guy who did not?

reserve your ire for the guy who was not even fit enough to show up for the weigh-in.

I'd be pissed in Elliot's shoes too...now he does not get the opportunity to earn DOUBLE his show money and he should not have to accept a fight with a guy who failed to even come close to making weight to earn it.

Back