Tim Bradley Resigns with Top Rank

We've already gone over this. This isn't pac's first easy fight. He's had a bunch

The dude lost in one of the most brutal KOs ever. Of course he's going to come back with a few easyish fights.

Nevertheless, people are anointing Spence based on beating one of the guys people denigrate Pac for fighting.

The dude lost in one of the most brutal KOs ever. Of course he's going to come back with a few easyish fights.

Nevertheless, people are anointing Spence based on beating one of the guys people denigrate Pac for fighting.

Hold up. people were saying he was a decent opponent for Pac.

Hold up. people were saying he was a decent opponent for Pac.

Some were, some weren't. But I'm pretty sure that's one of the fights Strange King is talking about.

In any case, you can't blame Pac for fighting Rios and Algieri after getting KTFO. And besides that he's fought everyone - he's got the best resume of anyone the past 20 years or so.

Can't argue that but he's a C level fighter. I'm not shitting on Vargas just saying Ali is meh

I'd agree with that. Vargas is a B level fighter and did what he should, knock Ali out in impressive fashion. I'm just saying Vargas is not a bum tune-up. I'd pick him to beat guys like Guerrero, Malignaggi, and Berto.

And this fight is kind of meh but Pac is 38 and trying to preserve a huge rematch with Floyd. Hard to blame him here either.

Some were, some weren't. But I'm pretty sure that's one of the fights Strange King is talking about.

In any case, you can't blame Pac for fighting Rios and Algieri after getting KTFO. And besides that he's fought everyone - he's got the best resume of anyone the past 20 years or so.

I never blame Pac. I'm all for him cashing in and know he's trying to work with Floyd on 50 so it makes sense. Even if he took a few easy touches he has given us a lot of classics over the years. No hate on this end.

I'd agree with that. Vargas is a B level fighter and did what he should, knock Ali out in impressive fashion. I'm just saying Vargas is not a bum tune-up. I'd pick him to beat guys like Guerrero, Malignaggi, and Berto.

I think he'd struggle with Guerrero but we agree on the rest

What the fuck with the title bro, you ok?

So has Floyd and every other ATG fighter. Pacquiao has faced fighters on the p4p list during his career more times than any other fighter in the past 15 years and that's a fact so stop holding him to such ridiculously high standards.
Some of the posts I've read really are ridiculous. Wanting competitive matches is one thing but just wanting a guy to lose is another. I'm on the record wanting to see him fight TC, and didn't pay for the third Bradley fight because of it, but now he says he wants a few more fights. They don't all have to be against the toughest opponents one after the other. Lets wait and see if Floyd or Crawford are next. And it makes me want to bite my lip when the person complaining is someone that fawns over Floyd's record and excuses his choice of Berto for his final fight. It makes it seem there's some kind of bias there.

I think he'd struggle with Guerrero but we agree on the rest

Guerrero lost to Aaron Martinez. If you need a robbery decision to get past Martinez, you're not B level anymore, you're C.

You mean throughout his whole career? His last two fights were Floyd and Bradley so can the guy get a tune up?

No, you get about 10 mulligans right at the beginning of your career, and after that you must face the best available competition.

Been KO'd??? Fuck that, no tune up for you.

Nothing whatsoever wrong with this fight, but it shouldn't be on ppv, that'd be my only beef.

Cotto should probably retire. This sounds like a good fight though.

He did pretty well against Canelo, and beat the breaks off of Geale and Martinez. He's definitely at the end of his career, but he's still got some gas in the tank. I'd like to see him retire though, before he has another slump. I still think he beats Bradley in a good fight, and that's a nice one to go out on.

Id pick him to beat Guerrero and Berto, but it'd be close.

If nothing else, I'm glad to see Bradley getting some respect in the thread, especially from the historically-Pac fans. I've always liked him, and have always looked forward to his fights (even the third Pac fight - astounds me that people boycotted the two best ww's fighting each other) and fans gave him a raw deal after the first Manny fight. Regardless of how you saw it, Tim didn't deserve the criticism he got after that fight. Nice to see the dust has settled and Bradley is getting the respect he deserves.

If nothing else, I'm glad to see Bradley getting some respect in the thread, especially from the historically-Pac fans. I've always liked him, and have always looked forward to his fights (even the third Pac fight - astounds me that people boycotted the two best ww's fighting each other) and fans gave him a raw deal after the first Manny fight. Regardless of how you saw it, Tim didn't deserve the criticism he got after that fight. Nice to see the dust has settled and Bradley is getting the respect he deserves.
Yep gotta love Tim Bradley. Classy guy with a lot of heart and he'll fight anyone. If only other fighters like Garcia shared his attitude.

Last edited:
Rumours are Bradley and Cotto gonna fight

Back