Tim Bradley Resigns with Top Rank

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Timothy Bradley Jr. signs two-year extension with Top Rank
  • i

Dan RafaelESPN Senior Writer

Timothy Bradley Jr., the former two-division world titleholder who has been in one big fight after another in recent years, has signed a two-year contract extension with longtime promoter Top Rank.

"We've had a wonderful relationship over the years with Tim Bradley, and it's been a relationship that has been very successful for all of us," Top Rank president Todd duBoef told ESPN.com. "Tim has been one of the pound-for-pound best fighters in the world for about the last 10 years, and he and [wife and manager] Monica [Bradley] have been wonderful partners. We look forward to continuing our great relationship."

Bradley's existing contract was coming to an end, and he could have sought offers from other promoters who surely would have been interested in one of the biggest names in the deep welterweight division. But Bradley, who has won five world title belts between welterweight and junior welterweight, elected not to pursue free agency, preferring to remain with the company that has consistently provided him with major fights and paid him tens of millions of dollars.

Its "re-sign", not "resign". Resign means the opposite.

Look at Big Dan's text. He doesnt say resign.

Doesn't matter. I knew what he meant. Didn't give it any thought until you needlessly pointed it out.

That is not surprising. Top Rank has made Bradley one of the richest guys in the sport. Bradley has had 10-straight million dollar paydays. Among them, $5 million for Pac, $6 million for Pac, $4 million for Pac, and $4 million for Marquez. Bradley made more to fight Brandon Rios than Danny Garcia has ever made. I'm not sure if that's good promoting, or just the universe rewarding a guy for showing courage.

That is not surprising. Top Rank has made Bradley one of the richest guys in the sport. Bradley has had 10-straight million dollar paydays. Among them, $5 million for Pac, $6 million for Pac, $4 million for Pac, and $4 million for Marquez.
Makes sense for a guy like Bradley, who isn't much of a draw, to stay with the sure thing.

Makes sense for a guy like Bradley, who isn't much of a draw, to stay with the sure thing.

I don't think I'd say that he's not much of a draw. He has headlined 4 pay per views, and gets over a million viewers on HBO each time out. He's not on the top level of popularity, but he's pretty popular.

I'm not sure if that's good promoting, or just the universe rewarding a guy for showing courage.
I'd like to think that its the universe rewarding him for always actually fighting the best, or at least dangerous fighters.

I don't think I'd say that he's not much of a draw. He has headlined 4 pay per views, and gets over a million viewers on HBO each time out. He's not on the top level of popularity, but he's pretty popular.
Can't get much at the gate, though. I think most anyone that gets any push from HBO can get 1 million viewers, but you make a good point. The PPVs he was pretty much the B side(debatable whether he or Marquez was B side).

Can't get much at the gate, though. I think most anyone that gets any push from HBO can get 1 million viewers, but you make a good point. The PPVs he was pretty much the B side(debatable whether he or Marquez was B side).

I'd say he was the B-side against Marquez. But he was still the headliner of 4 successful PPVs. That is more than most guys can say, so I have to give him a lot of credit for that. He is definitely not superstar material, but he has maximized his potential (maybe even over achieved).

I'd say he was the B-side against Marquez. But he was still the headliner of 4 successful PPVs. That is more than most guys can say, so I have to give him a lot of credit for that. He is definitely not superstar material, but he has maximized his potential (maybe even over achieved).
He should be superstar material. He's the kind of fighter that Americans like us should be most behind. A guy that has shown he'll peel himself off the floor to be a winner is a guy I have to respect, which is Tim Bradley. This thread has me pumped to see his next fight.

Dang. Thought he left him. Nice title op. You ever graduate school?

Writing from my phone and yes, U of M alum of 2015 and applying to dental school this fall.

English isn't my native language so sometimes my grammar and spelling have errors.

Bradley is a fucking millionaire and top rank has got him huge paydays...why would he leave?

And Bradley has fought a murderous row (with a couple exceptions).

He deserves every penny.

I'm sure somebody here will put a negative spin on this just because it's Top Rank/Arum and not Haymon. But Bradley's made big money at TR and earned every penny. He's fought some of the greats of this era and won't duck anybody. I look forward to his next fight.

I'm sure somebody here will put a negative spin on this just because it's Top Rank/Arum and not Haymon. But Bradley's made big money at TR and earned every penny. He's fought some of the greats of this era and won't duck anybody. I look forward to his next fight.
What if its a Pacquiao rematch?

Happy fighter, happy promoter, happy fans.
Good all around.

What if its a Pacquiao rematch?

Well, at the very least, we all get to watch your obvious dissapointment unfold in the PBP thread again as Pac starts to beat the shit out Bradley. Tell us again how much you hate the HBO commentary Seano. Never heard you say that before.

Well, at the very least, we all get to watch your obvious dissapointment unfold in the PBP thread again as Pac starts to beat the shit out Bradley. Tell us again how much you hate the HBO commentary Seano. Never heard you say that before.

2nd fight - "Bradley fought too stupid!"

3rd fight - "Bradley fought too smart!"

Lol at firat glance I read that and thought, welp maybe he can fight haymon's welters....then I reread it and said to myself "looks like he is rematching Vargas next year".

Tim Bradley wants to fight cotto at 154 in December.

Cotto and roc nation want the fight in Orlando

Back