Till vs Thompson is on - but is this fair?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Dude looked drained weighing in at 174.5. He can only go back up 13.5 more pounds.

I'm sure he usually fights at 195 if not a little more.

Yea I realized just now it's 14 not 18, so you might be right

Yeah I thought the same. Wonderboys dad did a good job. I wonder why other fighters didnt negotiate something like this in the past.

They have.

Belfort had similar terms for Rumble when he missed weight.

I wanna say one of Linekers opponents did it too but I'm not sure.

Same thing for McCann, has to weigh in at 136 tomorrow. Is this something that is coming down from the UFC itself, to put a brake on this weight cheating nonsense?

Dude looked drained weighing in at 174.5. He can only go back up 13.5 more pounds.

He only needs to be 188 at 1pm. The fight is not before 9pm so he has at least 8 hours to rehydrate from 188 to more. It definitely is gonna effect him, he's probably gonna have a rough night, but when he steps in the cages he's gonna be 200 I think.

When Michel Pezares missed weight against Desmond Green, they said don't be above a certain weight(I forgot the exact number) Pezares said fuck it and won the fight one sided. Green knew he was in no leverage to stand up to the ufc

Not fair indeed. It should be 188 lbs tops stepping into the cage. That'd teach him.

Not sure about that.
Wonderboy had to cut down to 171, Till didn't.
That's a physical advantage to Till no matter what he weighs tomorrow.

And if he wins, he moves up the rankings (might even get a title fight) and increases his pay.
Meanwhile Wonderboy slides further down and loses any chance of getting a title fight within the next 2 years at least.
I almost think it's even better for Wonderboy to fight in these conditions rather then if Till actually made 171 tbh

- Till only has 3.5 pounds on him and still looks drained.

- Can't balloon back up to 195+ so he won't be 100%

- Wonderboy never struggled like Till to make weight and he's going to be the same weight as Till tomorrow night.

- Get's 30% purse.

- Till loses face and Wonderboy enters the good graces of the UFC by saving the card and gains respect from the fans.

Looks like a win to me.

Till can't weigh over 188 by 1 PM... he fought Cerrone at around 200-215 lbs.

WonderBoy is gonna beat Til stupid IF fight happens. And get paid more for doing it. SWEEEEEEEEET.

188 - 195 doesn’t sound too bad considering he can gain more between 1pm and his fight. It might affect him though who knows, it will be interesting to see how he performs

d[QUOTE'="Poirierfan, post: 141537839, member: 512557"]Leave[/QUOTE]
Staying :D

He only needs to be 188 at 1pm. The fight is not before 9pm so he has at least 8 hours to rehydrate from 188 to more. It definitely is gonna effect him, he's probably gonna have a rough night, but when he steps in the cages he's gonna be 200 I think.
Oh.

I thought they meant 1 PM eastern time because that's the time when the main event starts tomorrow.

How idiotic is weight cutting? Seriously. “He can’t weigh more than 188”......that’s way more generous than it should be. You should never be allowed to weigh more than the weight class above the one you’re fighting in.

Till can't weigh over 188 by 1 PM... he fought Cerrone at around 200-215 lbs.

40lbs? No fucking way. He was probably 196lb against Cerrone.

Yeah I thought the same. Wonderboys dad did a good job. I wonder why other fighters didnt negotiate something like this in the past.
Desmond Green did it, but Michel Pezares didn't fulfill the agreement

Not really, that's on Till. Fighters who missed weight are undefeated this year and this evens the playing field
he already got the money.

i just dont think its the correct punishment. to have to weigh in a second time is pretty ridiculous if no one else has to do it. im just not sure what IS the best punishment

Back