Till vs Thompson is on - but is this fair?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
if I was wonderboy I would've said give me magny in the main event, fuck Till. gotta stop rewarding fighters for missing weight, let alone for an egregious error like 3.5 lbs. it would've been Till fucking over his liverpool fans, wonderboy owes nothing- he made weight

Imagine he weighed in at 215 at 1pm tomorrow for the lols

Yeah I thought the same. Wonderboys dad did a good job. I wonder why other fighters didnt negotiate something like this in the past.

They know Till is desperate to fight in front of his home crowd so would give more leeway than usual. Don’t think too many other fighters would agree to not rehydrate properly the night before a fight at their rankings.

The UFC has no consistency anymore.
Rules are bent for some fighters.
Some fighters get fired for stuff many fighters have done.

Sometimes I can't tell if Dana is laughing or crying.

Makes me want Till to win even more now. Hope he brutally KOs wonderboy

Didn't know Til was so huge, so he could basically be a MW and his best win is against a former LW in cowboy

Dehydrated or not, Tills still gunna knock him out!

A smart way to do it. If TILL can’t make the 2nd weight, they can deduct a point or two, so it will be fine.

WB talked about his weight in another interview, saying he is about the same size as Eddie Alvarez at 185..

he already got the money.

i just dont think its the correct punishment. to have to weigh in a second time is pretty ridiculous if no one else has to do it. im just not sure what IS the best punishment
The advantage of not having to cut the extra pounds is unfair too. If you are too big for division than that's not fair either

The advantage of not having to cut the extra pounds is unfair too. If you are too big for division than that's not fair either
Sure, but that's assuming several things. I just don't think the crime fits the punishment here

He only needs to be 188 at 1pm. The fight is not before 9pm so he has at least 8 hours to rehydrate from 188 to more. It definitely is gonna effect him, he's probably gonna have a rough night, but when he steps in the cages he's gonna be 200 I think.

I was thinking about this, but im no expert and im not sure how the rehydration thing works, considering IV ban, he will get a few more pounds, but i would say not up to 200lbs just by drinking during that time and still perform, not sure how effective that can be.

wonderboy is the man for continuing with it. although hes kinda forced to because if he were to back out the ufc would throw him in the doghouse, he could kiss his title shot he wants goodbye. even with woodley as champ, if he beats till convincingly after all this they cant really keep denying him. hes the challenger for the belt after colby/rda winner.

if he were to back out he could have gotten rebooked vs ponz or maybe usman later this summer but i dont think he wanted to risk getting on ufcs bad side

I heard Wonderboy gets to bang Till's girl as part of the deal as well. Win or Lose.

Till is gonna have 1 round to land something.

Hes gonna be gassed after that. Honestly i dont think he makes 188. He just probably just take his undefeated record and walk here. No sense in getting destroyed.

Wonderboy is great at avoiding damange. I expect him to run for a round or 2 and then easily dispatch of Till

Till's a shithead. Hope he loses.

He probably won't, but I hope he does.

I doubt till will be under 188 tomorrow. I think he most likely misses weight again

Till can't weigh over 188 by 1 PM... he fought Cerrone at around 200-215 lbs.

How is it not fair? You fight at WW and you're saying not letting a guy weigh 200-215 on fight day is unfair?

GTFO with that nonsense

Back