Social TikTok users flood Congress with calls as potential forced sale advances in House

This is just an attempt to wrangle up data mining sources, which I completely support the US doing. I actually am curious if the Gen Z'ers will actually follow through with their threats. Mass suicides because they can't do their 30 second skits?

yEolW9.gif

Regulation and higher taxes for the rich. A better social safety net and nationalization of certain essential services.

Capitalism is definitely the way to go but it needs better controls.

Ideally, that’s what I would like to see. jeff bezos is worth 200 billion. 200 billion. No human should be so wealthy. Take away 198 billion of that and he still has two billion. Not that it would do too much, and not that it would ever reach someone like me, but that would change a lot of lives. But maybe when you consider all the other rich billionaires…but they would simply leave the country rather than share their wealth because they are cunts.

TikTok blatantly floods timelines with anti western propaganda and comments sections are always loaded with extremist. Like what actual place do we get a video promoting Putin, Kim Jong Un and Saddam as true leaders and men of the people and then ge a comment section praising them as great leaders that the west should adopt.

Can someone explain how congress should/is getting involved in a private business and threatening to ban them.

It's not a ban. That's just misinformation from TikTok saying they're trying to ban it.

They're just making ByteDance divest ownership of TikTok or they will not be able to list on the app store.

They're regulating economic transactions based on national security concerns. TikTok is 100% being data mined by the CCP.

Last edited:
It's not a ban. That's just misinformation from TikTok saying they're trying to ban it.

They're just making ByteDance divest ownership of TikTok or they will not be able to list on the app store.

They're regulating economic transactions based on national security concerns. TikTok is 100% being data mined by the CCP.

I have come a bit more round this idea. The algorithm is incredibly bias toward pushing anti western content. A lot of Gen Z and Alpha are becoming extremised because they don't understand this is being directed toward and not part of their natural generational culture. The comments sections are usually a one sided club for hate groups. Even that Jewish Space Laser lady gets nothing but praise in the comments.

Can this be a ploy to nationalize TikTok profits to the US? They force the sale to an American company and more of the tax profits come to the US-based company instead of ByteDance.

TikTok is a plague of society. We all should support its ban.
it's too big now, it's not going away IMO

the arguments for it and against it

it's china ccp, privacy concerns.... facebook takes a ton more data than tiktok, a ton more, and that's not the best argument against the app. Granted, one is american stealing your private data vs china stealing your private data..... China is stealing less.... in reality, you can deny access to all of this, and by default, tiktok does not have access to this stuff, only upon request. IMO, not that big a deal.

subversion of the public via algorithm, this is a very real issue, which cant be ignored, and the same can be said of all social media.

my most basic instincts are to follow the money, some american company is likely going to control tiktok and allow government free reign over the platform, not sure that's a better alternative.

Can this be a ploy to nationalize TikTok profits to the US? They force the sale to an American company and more of the tax profits come to the US-based company instead of ByteDance.
money and profits are always going to be a factor, and probably yes to your question, probably.

I can see not many people in this thread did any research about what is actually in this bill.

The bill goes well beyond banning TikTok, also targeting any "website, desktop application, mobile application, or augmented or immersive technology application" that is claimed to be "foreign adversary controlled," which includes not just China but Russia, North Korea, and Iran.

The bill authorizes future expulsion actions to be taken unilaterally by the President, provided he "determines," using unspecified criteria, that at an application "presents a significant threat to the national security of the United States."

If you bozo's trust the US government and the President to control what media you are exposed to then go ahead and support this bill. You'd be a fool for it.

This is some Trojan Horse shit. They wont stop here.

So this is how Skynet takes over, not through a War but through disposing of humans via Self Suicide… smart.

Apparently TikTok has the most dangerous, addictive algorithm of any social media site.

I first heard this in articles about anorexia influencers on social media.
They have access to the clipboard contents and browser/search histories on the devices of their users. It's crazy to agree to that if you are aware of it. I bet a lot of people aren't though.

Think about the possibilities when people receive two-step authentication codes and then copy/paste them in.

The scale of foreign influence operations in American media and especially American social media are at a level that most people aren't willing or able to understand.

In fact, they're conditioned by the same influence operations to dismiss this as a possibility.

The reality is almost everyone that regularly engages with social media, but especially TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter, are completely subverted by foreign influence operations.

The scale of foreign influence operations in American media and especially American social media are at a level that most people aren't willing or able to understand.

In fact, they're conditioned by the same influence operations to dismiss this as a possibility.

The reality is almost everyone that regularly engages with social media, but especially TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter, are completely subverted by foreign influence operations.
I wouldn't say completely, and I wouldn't say almost everyone since so many are on there mostly to make money of their own in various ways, many of them legit. I agree nevertheless the percentage of people negatively affected is likely quite significant and a massive issue.

I wouldn't say completely, and I wouldn't say almost everyone since so many are on there mostly to make money of their own in various ways, many of them legit. I agree nevertheless the percentage of people negatively affected is likely quite significant and a massive issue.
Tiktok on it's own reaches over 150 million Americans.

Just being on these media sites exposes you to the same influence operations no matter the reason you're on there for. In fact that's how the majority of them work, by getting real Americans to engage with and spread their content further legitimatizing the attempts to influence by making it appear domestic.

There's dozens if not hundreds of them over years in this forum doing and trying to do just that. And this is just a tiny karate forum.

Back