Elections Donald Trump opposes banning TikTok; to hurt Facebook and prevent Biden from getting a win

1000006589-jpg.1034892

I'm skeptical that a carbon copy replacement would just instantly pop up and be as popular, to be honest.
FB has reels and YouTube has Shorts. Neither are as popular as TikTok but if TikTok disappeared they would skyrocket in popularity, just because all the TikTokers need another venue to host their content. A lot of them already cross post across all platforms.

What happened when the world’s most populous nation turned off TikTok

As TikTok fans in the United States worry about losing access to the wildly-popular social media app, there are lessons they can learn from a country on the other side of the world.

In June 2020, after a violent clash on the India-China border that left at least 20 Indian soldiers dead, the government in New Delhi suddenly banned TikTok and several other well-known Chinese apps.

“The ban on Tiktok led to the creation of a multibillion dollar opportunity … A 200 million user base needed somewhere to go,” said Pahwa, adding that it was ultimately American tech companies that seized the moment with their new offerings.

Avatar checks out (lol). The U.S. isn't the internet. The internet is the world. That's like saying China can't access Twitter because it's American run. It shouldn't matter who runs what. Every single website/app that asks you to sign up is harvesting user data. TikTok is not doing anything that any other website isn't already doing.

The conspiracy theory is that you have a lot of politicians invested in Meta and don't want competition .The military side is that China is harvesting user data and can social engineer and control society. Either way, banning it isn't the answer. We can't just go banning stuff we don't like. That's authoritarian and antithetical to what we stand for. We are no better than the CCP at that point.
Why isn't banning it an option? Last time I checked, Cuba wasn't trying to control the population through cigars, but hey...

Freedom is important, but it's not a free for all, and never has been. Just because you're a free country doesn't mean you let an adversarial nation take advantage of it and fuck your country up with their propaganda. You won't be free much longer if you're that irresponsible with said freedom. The world isn't some hippie commune, and you must protect yourself from your enemies.

There is no requirement this must be purchased by a US company. They're just forcing China to divest ownership.

Last free haven for dissent is bullshit propaganda by TikTok.

And even if that were true (which it isn't) - I don't care because the national security threat posed by the CCP is much greater.

There's a reason TikTok is outright banned in the EU, the UK, Afghanistan, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Indonesia, Taiwan and many other countries.

Because of the obvious: it's a spying and propaganda tool.
No idea about Afghanistan but Tiktok isn't banned in the EU or any western country.
In fact I don't know about a single app that is banned in a western country.

No idea about Afghanistan but Tiktok isn't banned in the EU or any western country.
In fact I don't know about a single app that is banned in a western country.

The EU has far more stringent rules on freedom of speech though, because they do not have Freedom of Speech like our 1st amendment guarantees. The EU will force social media companies to censor/remove content the authorities deem to be violating their Hate Speech laws.

--

EU law targets Big Tech over hate speech, disinformation

BRUSSELS — Big tech companies like Google and Facebook parent Meta will have to police their platforms more strictly to better protect European users from hate speech, disinformation and other harmful online content under landmark EU legislation approved early Saturday.

--

Facebook, Twitter to face new EU content rules by August 25

The world's largest social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and others will have to crack down on illegal and harmful content or else face hefty fines under the European Union's Digital Services Act from as early as August 25.

The European Commission today will designate 19 very large online platforms (VLOPs) and search engines that will fall under the scrutiny of the wide-ranging online content law. These firms will face strict requirements including swiftly removing illegal content, ensuring minors are not targeted with personalized ads and limiting the spread of disinformation and harmful content like cyberbullying.

Avatar checks out (lol). The U.S. isn't the internet. The internet is the world. That's like saying China can't access Twitter because it's American run.

You can't access Twitter in China. Or Facebook or Snapchat or Intstagram or a host of other American social media companies. They're banned.

We can't just go banning stuff we don't like.

Yes, we can. In fact, the Trump admin already forced a Chinese company to divest from Grindr (the gay dating app). Because a database full of undercover gay men looking for sex is a gold mine for an espionage service looking for politicians, government/military officials, and business leaders that can be potentially compromised.

Trump doesn’t actually have any convictions. Those are just the excuses he’s providing his base for his change in stance when in actuality he was given a pile of money/some other kind of political favor from TikTok.

- Even though Trump moved to ban TikTok (when he was President), he opposes this ban.
- Reason: can't let Biden get a win. Must hurt Facebook

Isn't this like when the DNC and the MSM were all in lockstep against Trump's Covid vaccine, but as soon as Trump lost the election, they were all in with helping out their billionaire owner/donor friends in need, over at big pharma?

*timestamped*

*timestamped*

BTW, Fcuk y'all for allowing this huge POS Mike Pence, to be right about anything.
He was spot on here, putting the spotlight on the overt and brazen hypocrisy coming from the DNC, despite the hack moderator trying to balk because she knew Pence was about to hit that bulllshit out of the park

*timestamped*

brought to you by Pfizer
*timestamped*

brought to you by Pfizer
*timestamped*

brought to you by Pfizer

good grief, Democrats are pure dogshit

- Remember when Pelosi and Biden said they could not mandate vaccinations and then a few months later they went along with billionaire genius, philanthropist, investor Bill Gates, erm. I meant the CDC and WHO (both heavily funded orgs by the Gates Foundation) recommendations that supported vaccine mandates?

- My question to you is, why is it ok for the DNC and their propaganda rags to tell me Trump is evil, he is wrong to flip flop and play politics but then when the turntables are on, they are allowed to do it too, to be the lesser evil?

(These are rhetorical questions MicroBot)

Doesn't that make them hypocrites? (the answer is, YES)
Doesn't that make you MicroBot, a shameless political hackbot (the answer is a resounding, YES)

- I bellieve in Trump good intentions when it's comes to social media!
He loved his own twitter account far more, than being president of USA!

Isn't this like when the DNC and the MSM were all in lockstep against Trump's Covid vaccine, but as soon as Trump lost the election, they were all in with helping out their billionaire owner/donor friends in need, over at big pharma?

*timestamped*

*timestamped*

BTW, Fcuk y'all for allowing this huge POS Mike Pence, to be right about anything.
He was spot on here, putting the spotlight on the overt and brazen hypocrisy coming from the DNC, despite the hack moderator trying to balk because she knew Pence was about to hit that bulllshit out of the park

*timestamped*

brought to you by Pfizer
*timestamped*

brought to you by Pfizer
*timestamped*

brought to you by Pfizer

good grief, Democrats are pure dogshit

- Remember when Pelosi and Biden said they could not mandate vaccinations and then a few months later they went along with billionaire genius, philanthropist, investor Bill Gates, erm. I meant the CDC and WHO (both heavily funded orgs by the Gates Foundation) recommendations that supported vaccine mandates?

- My question to you is, why is it ok for the DNC and their propaganda rags to tell me Trump is evil, he is wrong to flip flop and play politics but then when the turntables are on, they are allowed to do it too, to be the lesser evil?

(These are rhetorical questions MicroBot)

Doesn't that make them hypocrites? (the answer is, YES)
Doesn't that make you MicroBot, a shameless political hackbot (the answer is a resounding, YES)

And the Dems can say why are republicans giving them shit when Trump was given a pass. All they are doing is giving Republicans a taste of their medicine.

How many times have you called out Trump for all the lies and bullshit he has spewed? I don't mean minor things but all the major shit he has done. If you haven't then you are pretty dam partisan.

Speaking of Mike Pence , he says he will not endorse Trump. No surprise there since Trump's cult tried to hurt Pence and Trump demonized Pence, because Pence had the temerity to NOT go along with Trump's attempted coup and overthrow of the constitution.

Reactions: PEB
How many times have you called out Trump for all the lies and bullshit he has spewed?
I am no fan of Trump. I hated that bastard before the media told me to. You remember right? when he was a donor to the DNC and an employee of NBC.
I didn't want Trump in the first place but I saw what trash the DNC and RNC were back in 2016 and I knew they would both fuck it up, only I saw the DNC kneecap plenty of way better candidates than Shillary and quid pro Joe

The difference between you and I is, when Trump says the truth about the DNC and MSM, I can admit it and I don't resort to what I am being told about the lesser of two evils bullshit

I am no fan of Trump. I hated that bastard before the media told me to. You remember right? when he was a donor to the DNC and an employee of NBC.
I didn't want Trump in the first place but I saw what trash the DNC and RNC were back in 2016 and I knew they would both fuck it up, only I saw the DNC kneecap plenty of way better candidates than Shillary and quid pro Joe

The difference between you and I is, when Trump says the truth about the DNC and MSM, I can admit it and I don't resort to what I am being told about the lesser of two evils bullshit
You may not remember this but I was highly critical of Hillary in 2016. I even said I was leaning towards Trump. I was nowhere as critical of Trump. I did not vote for Hillary.

In 2020 I said Biden was a bad choice and the Dems made it worse by picking Kamala.

As for calling the media and Dems out...I said the media and liberals were wrong to give Trump shit for trying to restrict travellers from China in 2020. I also defended Trump against accusations his travel ban against predominantly Muslim countries was a Muslim travel ban, pointing out that the most populous Muslim countries were not included in the ban.

About a year or so ago I made a thread here criticizing the media for saying MTG said "Jewish Space Lasers". Her comments were miscontrued and I pointed out she did not actually say what a lot of media and critics were accusing her of.

So you are wrong to think I walk lockstep with the media or the Dems. Heck dude look at my Sig (Seen in the OP), which I have had since 2020. My sig is obviously supportive of Trump. The Trump quote in my sig was Trump's response to an MSM reporter telling him that critics say his phrase "China Virus" was stigmatizing.

The EU has far more stringent rules on freedom of speech though, because they do not have Freedom of Speech like our 1st amendment guarantees. The EU will force social media companies to censor/remove content the authorities deem to be violating their Hate Speech laws.

--

EU law targets Big Tech over hate speech, disinformation

BRUSSELS — Big tech companies like Google and Facebook parent Meta will have to police their platforms more strictly to better protect European users from hate speech, disinformation and other harmful online content under landmark EU legislation approved early Saturday.

--

Facebook, Twitter to face new EU content rules by August 25

The world's largest social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and others will have to crack down on illegal and harmful content or else face hefty fines under the European Union's Digital Services Act from as early as August 25.

The European Commission today will designate 19 very large online platforms (VLOPs) and search engines that will fall under the scrutiny of the wide-ranging online content law. These firms will face strict requirements including swiftly removing illegal content, ensuring minors are not targeted with personalized ads and limiting the spread of disinformation and harmful content like cyberbullying.
Yes, but it's a bit different from a full ban.

Did you read it? It's only prohibited for government staff phones.

Yea just realized. It's still a security threat though.

Bytedance admitted to using it to spy on 2 US reporters and the CCP also used it to spy on Hong Kong protesters.

Chinese tiktok is different from American? I am not on that platform and at most I consume some of it from youtube. Isn't most of the content user generated? It's just American crazies having a platform?

Yes. There is a huge difference.
The Chines version focus on inspirational, education and DIY stuff.
Very little dumb dance videos.
I linked to an article that got no response on here. A researcher pretty much calls the Western version a warfare app on us.

Danish Tv2 made a test on Chinese and Danish TiKTok I found a "write up" in english

Yes. There is a huge difference.
The Chines version focus on inspirational, education and DIY stuff.
Very little dumb dance videos.
I linked to an article that got no response on here. A researcher pretty much calls the Western version a warfare app on us.

Danish Tv2 made a test on Chinese and Danish TiKTok I found a "write up" in english

I checked the other day. Chinese Tiktok is horny bro. It is kind of weird. They get away with it by heavily filtering the women. They look like part anime and real person. It's like AI people.

Edit: I just looked again for shits and giggles. This is what I found interesting. I didn't watch everything but I saw the thumbnails.

-Baki anime
-Movie clips including Ironman, Marvel stuff, Kungfu Hustle
-Animal clips that might be CGI
-Women dancing
-Factory lunchroom video which I thought was a prison video
-Lots of weird food. lol also gross Indian street food
-Guy skinning an animal and making leather products. Another education one was something about the sun.
-Mr. Beast but it's in Chinese
-Quite a few Kobe Bryant thumbnails. They love Kobe for some reason. They even put him in some sort of anime/rpg game wizard get up.

Last edited:
Back