Social TikTok users flood Congress with calls as potential forced sale advances in House

FWIW, the Chinese have various laws regarding intelligence sharing duties and obligations. ByteDance is legally required to give their government whatever they ask for. (See 2018, National Intelligence Law).

Further, law requires they maintain a CCP review board within the company composed of party members.

China is also able to bar the sale of the company.

They are not a "private company" the way we think of the term in the West. Out closest comparison would be something like Boeing Defense Systems; they are technically private, but our government dictates what they may sell, and to whom, outside of our military.
(Not exactly the same, but companies that have a degree of government ownership/control)

People need to ban Tiktok themselves. Aside from being Chinese spyware, it's rotting kid's brains. Giving them anxiety and body image issues. Yet parents have to allow their kids to be on it unless they want their kid to be ostracized in school. Such a terrible addiction to force upon a child to make them appear "normal", when the new normal is a growing number of anxious and depressed kids.
It’s true but parent won’t. Same reason they let their kids get obese

People need to ban Tiktok themselves. Aside from being Chinese spyware, it's rotting kid's brains. Giving them anxiety and body image issues. Yet parents have to allow their kids to be on it unless they want their kid to be ostracized in school. Such a terrible addiction to force upon a child to make them appear "normal", when the new normal is a growing number of anxious and depressed kids.
Well someone said it best not sure if it was a YouTuber i watch or not but.

Its not up to the Government or Polticans to babysit kids on what kids do online. It is the job of the parents and if so their babysitters to do so.

Well someone said it best not sure if it was a YouTuber i watch or not but.

Its not up to the Government or Polticans to babysit kids on what kids do online. It is the job of the parents and if so their babysitters to do so.
This is mostly my position . People blame music and video games and want censorship . The parents need to do a better job but there are bad parents out there and those kids suffer because of that . But with TikTok it’s not a honest applicant and is designed to divide and sprew propaganda. Like about Bin Ladin and social issues in USA it helps create the conflict more and more whole in China the algorithm is more educational
. The amount of data it steals and can access is crazy it’s a complex malware Trojan pretty much a virus.
I have very mixed feelings because I don’t want government to start banning apps and anytime the government gets more power it leave stops with that power . We saw what BS OSHA(I think that’s the agency name ) did with vaccines and mandates but there has to be something that wont allow stuff like this happening . Kind of like bot accounts from other countries shit posting on social media to make us fight more .

Back