Opinion Threat of White Nationalism Megathread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely the implication that Donald is inciting this stuff, but if the only mention of the Republicans is in reference to what sort of even one specific far right group just happened to have a scuffle at, I don't see any blame being passed there.
Why was the President of the United States not welcomed in El Paso, Texas, this week? What does President Trump have to do with the shooting in El Paso? Nothing. I think it is outrageous. You may not like the man, but your respect his position as President.

That's all you have to say in this thread?

You specifically asked a poster not long ago to name the white supremacists on this forum. I named some and you never responded. Now I've listed a detailed write up on their tactics so that you can better recognize them and you have no thoughts?
You have a strange sense of entitlement. I owe you nothing.

Can you imagine being associated with this political party. The modern GOP has openly embraced this nonsense.

Yup.

And it's not like the party and its top officials did not recognize that. They knew Trump was a racist, xenophobe and warned the party about turning towards him.

He won and now they must make it work, and try to provide cover for it and find reasons to excuse it and blame others.

And I get that from those in the party. Trump could destroy the party otherwise by taking them down with him as it is more the Trump party than the Republican party now.

What is ultimately not understandable or acceptable is those who provide all the cover for a blatant racist. HIstory has always had those who try to cover and empower and they are disgusting and do more to empower the racists then any one else.

Disgusting, inaccurate comment.
You need to argue with this guy and start providing the cover as to why he was wrong, because it whats you do...

and before you go on with the blah blah blah just watch the video again and explain to us why he was wrong and you are right. Kthxbye.

Last edited:
Why was the President of the United States not welcomed in El Paso, Texas, this week? What does President Trump have to do with the shooting in El Paso? Nothing. I think it is outrageous. You may not like the man, but your respect his position as President.

What does this have to do with the Republicans? You said the post was implicating Republicans.

You have a strange sense of entitlement. I owe you nothing.

Lol, I didn't say you owed me anything. I'm just surprised you don't have any thoughts on this thing that would seem very useful to you based on what you've said in the past.

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-WHITE NATIONALST/0100B0DQ0VQ/index.html

The whole thing is an extremely educative read, but I'll highlight some of the parts most relevant to the WR (shit that many of the posters here have been warning about for a while).

Here's a quote about the general strategy:

Here's another:

Here's one example of that softened rhetoric:

And here's an example of a white nationalist claiming he isn't racist:

Anyway, I bring all this up mainly because I know @MadDildo and the other mods have been trying to clean this place up. I've seen some recent claims that the WR isn't a significant hub of white nationalist and supremacist activity, even though many of us have stated that it has clearly become that, and I think this piece very clearly outlines how the WR has become a marketplace for many white supremacist ideas.

I also bring this up for some of the more reasonable posters who have no interest whatsoever in white supremacy but may have found themselves recently support white supremacist ideas. It's not your fault. Part of their mission is to take their insane shitbird ideas and make them sound totally reasonable. If you know what to look for, it should help.

I guess the larger overall discussion to be had here is about what can be done, from a governing perspective, to combat these more refined tactics. Unlike other gangs like MS13, Bloods, etc, white supremacist gangs aren't directly seeking money or territory. All that stuff only buys influence anyway.

Instead, they're just going straight for the influence, which makes sense since they have such a wider pool from which to recruit. You gotta be hispanic to join MS13 (afaik), and there aren't a lot of hispanics at all in many places, much less ones willing to risk their lives for a gang. So they have to offer money and power if they hope to recruit anyone.

But these white supremacist thugs are just going straight for cultural and legislative influence. They don't need to offer anything because they plan to transform the country through shifting the national discourse and just having their existing members in places where they can do that.

So what can/should be done?

That's a hard sale that racists need to be silenced for being racist, trying to sound like corporate America, and toning down extreme language, instead of you know......violence or violent rhetoric.

You show me a pacifist racist, and while I don't agree, I don't think that person needs to be silenced.

The white supremacy nonsense is a media narrative invented to keep people afraid and willing to obey what the media tells them. It is great rating for the nightly news and will help a few opportunists sell some books, but it only divides people and stokes the hatred in their hearts.
bingo..... jesus christ, when asians, blacks, hispanics have group think or group voting characteristics, it's ok, but white people having white bias....... stop the presses!

it's ridiculous assumptions without self awareness. At some point, you just got to acknowledge that all races have some forms of supremacy and biases, that's the fact of life. White people like living with other white people, asians with asians, mexicans with mexicans, etc.

That's a hard sale that racists need to be silenced for being racist, trying to sound like corporate America, and toning down extreme language, instead of you know......violence or violent rhetoric.

You show me a pacifist racist, and while I don't agree, I don't think that person needs to be silenced.

I don't think I said they need to be silenced. I asked what strategies can be used to combat their approach.

Because their endgame is, obviously, violence. It's not like they're saying, "hey, lets keep being racist but stop hurting people." They're saying, "let's put a pause on hurting people until we're so powerful that we can resume hurting people with impunity"

If ISIS promised not to kill anyone, would we be okay with them building Islamic extremist schools and training camps in our country?

Nobody cares about the race of the migrants, it's the fact that other counties' underclasses come in such large numbers that they completely change voting patterns of entire states, don't spend their money in our economy, burden our social services, suppress wages, and with jobs that will be automated eventually and then what?
giphy.gif

I don't think I said they need to be silenced. I asked what strategies can be used to combat their approach.

Because their endgame is, obviously, violence. It's not like they're saying, "hey, lets keep being racist but stop hurting people." They're saying, "let's put a pause on hurting people until we're so powerful that we can resume hurting people with impunity"

If ISIS promised not to kill anyone, would we be okay with them building Islamic extremist schools and training camps in our country?

Probably. Think for a second about what our military and intelligence units actually are.

Normalized violence.

Probably. Think for a second about what our military and intelligence units actually are.

Normalized violence.

Yeah, but dude...ISIS isn't our military. Nazis aren't our military. We're talking about dangerous ideologies. Our government actively tracks and shuts down ISIS websites, but you think we woupd let them build schools and training camps?

Yeah, but dude...ISIS isn't our military. Nazis aren't our military. We're talking about dangerous ideologies. Our government actively tracks and shuts down ISIS websites, but you think we woupd let them build schools and training camps?

I think violence is dangerous, not ideas.

How does it feel to know that corporate media tells you what opinions you should have and you just go along with it to the extent of declaring complete strangers "racist" based on nothing?
I don't think you're a racist.

And you sound like a hipster dbag with the corporate media bullshit. Tell me about how misunderstood The Clash are next.

You don’t have to be a racist to be Republican, but it sure doesn’t keep you from getting elected if you are. Ask Steve King. Ask Cindy Hyde-Smith.
Or ask Trump as Lindsey Graham so carefully lays out.

bingo..... jesus christ, when asians, blacks, hispanics have group think or group voting characteristics, it's ok, but white people having white bias....... stop the presses!

it's ridiculous assumptions without self awareness. At some point, you just got to acknowledge that all races have some forms of supremacy and biases, that's the fact of life. White people like living with other white people, asians with asians, mexicans with mexicans, etc.

Cool, but this has little to do with the thread. @Devout Pessimist is just trying to derail the discussion, I guess, because the idea that white supremacists have changed tactics is too uncomfortable to him, I guess.

I just don't like it that the things that would put somebody in this group are totally fine when done by any other group. I have literally never once been to stormfront. I am not familiar with any of these groups. All I am familiar with is the fact that other kinds of people can have these thoughts of pride about their race and not be demonized. It's not cool. Consistency and no double standards is important.
Woah, what is this? Sherfront?

Joking aside, a white nationalist isn’t a white supremacist. It’s literally a white person who takes pride in their country. Which is pretty much 90% of people in any country.

Basically the left is trying to vilify all white people, especially Trump supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back