• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Thousand Oaks: At least 12 dead in mass shooting at California bar. Attacker also dead

Apparently he was using an extended clip. Those are banned in California. Precisely to limit mass murder casualties.

A lot of good that did.

And we should wait to see if he refused any of the services available to Vets before we assume that he wasn't given proper care. A LOT of vets decline mental health services.
just the other day I drove by a VFW post that had a sign out front that read, “Beer is Cheaper than Therapy”

Yet again we see Coulter's law in effect. In the synagogue shooting or Dylan Roof or that shooting in Texas, the identity of the suspect is out there in about 30 minutes. The media have sources in law enforcement who know this stuff right away when the suspect is killed or caught. And yet when the suspect is Middle Eastern or black, it takes hours and hours for the identity to be released. And no one else in the press acknowledges this little detail.

if no info has been released yet it's a minority. That's how it works in Canada znayway lol.

By the description it seems that the attacker was a middle eastern descent. It appears that religion of peace struck again.

They knew who he was right away. All the local press have police contacts who tell them who the suspect is right away. That's the point. Why is it that the synagogue shooter or someone like Dylan Roof can be identified within an hour of a shooting and his description released in the press right away, yet you have to hear on social media the description of a non-white shooter and no identification for hours and hours. Coulter's law.

Are they busy scrubbing his social media and internet presence? Because that's been standard practice for whatever reason.

I don't really understand why you guys insist on doing this. It's not only irresponsible and immoral, it's also just typically wrong. It appears this time you were all wrong again, but I do not expect you to show any remorse for that. So what's the narrative you want to create now?

Btw, "ian long" sounds very jewish.

Oh, that.

Thousand Oaks gunman Ian David Long, a military veteran, white male

The 29-year-old white male from California died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the scene. According to NBC News, the shooter drove his mother’s vehicle to the bar. Police said the gunman was “heavily tattooed,” but did not provide details about the tattoos, which were used to identify him along with fingerprints, NBC News reports.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/ian-long/
Some of the vets and I at work have been talking about this type of thing prior to this happening.

Vets with deployments(all of us having the conversation) can be exceptionally dangerous, even those traditionally considered POG types. The Dallas and Baton Rouge cop killers were both non infantry vets and killed a lot of cops. The old Vietnam vet in SC that was dropping rounds on officers from 100's of yards away with an M1A.

Now you have this shit bag, kills 11 people with a handgun including a deputy making entry. Articles talk about his quick and proficient reloads.

Biggest reason I tell other cops we need to be in shape, be able to flip the warrior switch and be well trained when the rounds start flying. There are others out there who have more training and more real world gun time by themselves than some entire departments put together.

Ian is a scottish name and Long isn't a jewish last name, you antisemite piece of shit.
Uhh, what? I know of 2 ians, both of who are jewish. One is famous baseball player ian kinsler.

Is the word "jewish" antisemitic to you, you ignorant piece of shit?

I don't really understand why you guys insist on doing this. It's not only irresponsible and immoral, it's also just typically wrong. It appears this time you were all wrong again, but I do not expect you to show any remorse for that. So what's the narrative you want to create now?

Oh, that.

That's the point. Sitting on the identity and allowing speculation to run wild in some cases is irresponsible.

Owning a firearm shouldn't be a right?

No, it should be a privilege. Rights should apply to all US citizens, and I can't reasonably argue all US citizens should have a right to own a gun.

You really are a piece of shit.. all shootings get huge coverage regardless of the shooters race.
No no no.. The weekly "baby is shot" in Detroit only gets a day of local. Another one last week.. I'm including kids up to 10 in that, btw.

Would 12 people at a club being shot in Detroit make the national? Maybe. Not saying it wouldn't. But 3 people including a child doesn't on a very regular basis.

This event in California is news. Nobody can fault it for being reported.

What other right should we need a mental health check to exercise?
A lot of good that did.
Well they've made it illegal to actually murder someone "A lot of good that did."
We should just drop that law all together.

Stupid cops and judges the law they made isnt workin quit wasting time having it as a law.

How familiar are you with various groups of FFLs and where we discuss those instances where we've refused to sell to someone? That's right . . . you're not. Vigilant FFLs refusal to sell to suspicious or folks who are otherwise not acting right has also prevented a suicidal person from buying a gun.

The same thing everyone completes when they undergo the FBI background check . . .

How do you evaluate the mental health of the people you work with? Are you able to see if they're acting different or not normal?
i don't evalute the mental health of people i work with and no im not able to see if they are acting different or not, that's why you get a professional to do it. we are talking about purchasing a gun here not working an office job

Don Lemon was spot on. White people are out of control right now yet so eager to blame muslims for everything. Multiple people in here saying "religion of peace" and crap like that. Screw you guys.

Sigh... we have some huge fucking mental health issues in America.

You're right. Being a Trump supporter is definitely a mental illness. I thought you learned this last time they commited you? You gotta stay on your meds dude...

Don Lemon was spot on. White people are out of control right now yet so eager to blame muslims for everything. Multiple people in here saying "religion of peace" and crap like that. Screw you guys.
Ethnicity of peace.

Some of the vets and I at work have been talking about this type of thing prior to this happening.

Vets with deployments(all of us having the conversation) can be exceptionally dangerous, even those traditionally considered POG types. The Dallas and Baton Rouge cop killers were both non infantry vets and killed a lot of cops. The old Vietnam vet in SC that was dropping rounds on officers from 100's of yards away with an M1A.

Now you have this shit bag, kills 11 people with a handgun including a deputy making entry. Articles talk about his quick and proficient reloads.

Biggest reason I tell other cops we need to be in shape, be able to flip the warrior switch and be well trained when the rounds start flying. There are others out there who have more training and more real world gun time by themselves than some entire departments put together.

Thank you for telling them that. It makes them serve the public better in moments of crisis, and being in great shape also generally makes people better to deal with on a regular basis. Good job.

Bar & Grill laws. As long as the grill is still serving food it's legal for minors to be in the establishment (until either 10PM or midnight, I believe).

*Edit* Also, just realized, if she just graduated from college, not high school, she's likely of age.

So that's why my dad use to be able to take me to see guys playin' the blues until like 2 in the morning when i was a wee youngin'. Ah, the good old days where you couldn't even see in the bars because there was so much cigarette smoke...

yep, very unlucky

California shooting: Country fans inside Thousand Oaks bar 'were Las Vegas massacre survivors'
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/california-shooting-country-fans-inside-13554551

MV5BZTI0NGM2OGYtNzVmMi00NGQ2LTk2MDAtN2RmYjIzMGRkZGYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Back