Think my new housemate is an alcoholic

Why would you ever allow someone to move in that doesn't have steady employment?

Why would you ever allow someone to move in that doesn't have steady employment?

Well, when he moved in, he actually did have a job, and claimed he had steady employment.

But once he was moved in, he quit his job.

Well if he doesn't have enough money for next months rent kick him to the curb. You shouldn't float him next months rent when you know damn well you're never going to see that money. Unemployed alcoholics aren't exactly the most reliable people at re-paying debts.

Start talking to him now and letting him know he's out in 30 days if he doesn't pay. He may legally have the right to 90 days, but if you get it in his head politely and non-confrontationally he may just assume its the only reality.

Poor people problems.

Is there a meme for that? Cause I would post it here.

Poor people problems.

Is there a meme for that? Cause I would post it here.
089c6d43ba5679771ef5f73dd1c48aea74a273f1043e413a6ac729cadb9aafa6.jpg

This has gotta be a troll thread.

Lol, I don't think TS thought carefully about allowing this guy to move in. Sounds like the worst housemate.

Who your housemates are is not a small decision.

So you approved an unemployed alcoholic thief moving in, yet it's your room mates that are dipshits?

QFT.

I remember sharing an apartment, 4 of us altogether and a nice girl moved out and there was an opening. The landlady rented out the spare room to one of the worst, psychopathic housemates ever.... This is a long story, but I moved out a few months later, when I was in a position to.

After reading your lengthy description about this guy's problems, I'm a little surprised that you don't go on a long vacation and leave him alone in your house. He sounds totally reliable.

Drink him under the table. Show him who's boss!

Wait he has a passport? Half of sherdog doesnt even have one

I would rather work two jobs then live with strangers that I barely know. I mean living with family or close friends that you can trust is fine but some buddy who instead of getting his own place would rather just get a spare bedroom isn't exactly the highest quality of room mate that you're going to find. When this guys steals money out of your room and you never see him again, I told you so.

lol he has a missing tooth that alone sounds like he's bad. You didnt think that alone is bad? lmao

Since he moved in 3 weeks ago, all the other occupants have decided to move out.

I didn't like them anyways.

I wonder did I unconsciously allow this dude to move in, to fuck with the other house occupants whom I didn't like?

If so - that weren't exactly according to plan.

I am sure that anything you did was done unconsciously, as you do not appear capable of conscious thought.

I am assuming this is your place if you allowed him to move in. Your a grown ass man and can make your own decisions, but speaking as a fellow property owner and landlord, I will go with the silver spooned trust fund kiddies over the unemployed toothless substance abusers most times. But then again I don't have them living with me.

If on the other hand he is just a tenant, and you are just a tenant also, no biggie. Just maybe relocate any shit valuable or precious to you to another location as a precaution, and enjoy the antics while they last.

Last edited:
Lol at him wearing a bandana like a pirate.

I am sure that anything you did was done unconsciously, as you do not appear capable of conscious thought.

I am assuming this is your place if you allowed him to move in. Your a grown ass man and can make your own decisions, but speaking as a fellow property owner and landlord, I will go with the silver spooned trust fund kiddies over the unemployed toothless substance abusers most times. But then again I don't have them living with me.

If on the other hand he is just a tenant, and you are just a tenant also, no biggie. Just maybe relocate any shit valuable or precious to you to another location as a precaution, and enjoy the antics while they last.

lol - that's what's up.

I'm just a tenant, I rented the room for the landlord to save him hassle, and so he'd refund me deposit in full when I give him short notice upon moving out.

Personality wise - he's definitely the most fun dude in the house, and pleasant.

I'm moving out as soon as I find my own place anyways so, it's all good.

Oh and - I know he has a background as a thief.
He told me his father taught him how to break locks on bikes.
I don't even use the bathroom without locking my bedroom door behind me.
I learned that shit years ago living in shared accommodation.
It does insult some of the housemates but, for me, that's all the more reason to do it - I don't mind winding people up.

Well, when he moved in, he actually did have a job, and claimed he had steady employment.

But once he was moved in, he quit his job.
So everyone else moved out, and he has already quit his job shortly after moving in? Don't take this the wrong way, TS, but it kind of sounds like this toothless, drunken bum has really rocked your world and it might be time to change your FB status to "in a relationship." ;)

Back