Think my new housemate is an alcoholic

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah - he's only a young dude as well.
He told me he's 22 but - I think he's probably younger.

Social services were around just after he moved in a few weeks ago.
Told me he basically comes from a depraved background.

Super nice guy - which is why I gave him the green light to move in, cause most of my other housemates are some dipshits.
He's just cool, down to earth, full of conversation and pleasant humor.

That being said, he seems to exhibit clear substance abuse behaviour.
He drinks in the morning, afternoon, evening, and night.
He smokes constantly.
For a young guy - ess not normal.

I have studied neuropharmacology, and often this type of behaviour is exhibited by those who've suffered neuronal malfunction as a product of formative age trauma, due to the imbalances in limbic system dopamine it can incite - which is also the reason their conditions can deteriorate to mood disorders and/or schizophrenia.

He's missing his front teeth, for one.
Number two - he wears a red bandana around his forehead like a pirate.
Three, his mother has a barring order taken against him.
Four, his father has spent significant time in prison; his uncle is a homeless junkie.
Five, he's unemployed - I don't see how someone in his condition could be long term employable anyways.

So - all that in perspective of the fact that, in contrast to other housemates I've had, who come from well to do backgrounds, and mostly behave like spoiled brats or dipshits; he's a cool guy to hang out with.
We spend time chilling and just talking shit.

But, I'm apprehensive, given the aforementioned tendencies.

He says his plan is to begin a trades course or qualification of some kind.
I wish the best for him but - anyone have experience with something similar.
How could these things potentially pan out??

PS - I've been forewarned, and it's obvious, that I keep my room locked - he has a reputation as a thief, from the grapevine.

Alcoholic housemate with no teeth and a reputation as a thief? Move out, man.

You could bring a woman home and be already in the act. Once that fucker stumbles into your room, hissing without his dentures and rifling through her purse, she's taking off immediately.

sounds like he swallows.

There's such a distinct line between deprived and depraved, yet evrytiem...

Might want to sneak Bacardi 151 into his person when he is asleep. See what happens.

This thread again? Like we said in the last one you shouldn't have let him move in, in the first place. Now that he's there might as well let him do his thing if he's not bothering anyone.

lol he's missing a tooth?

lol my roomate wears a red bandanna around his forehead but also has a manbun an thinks hes hot shit.

Also he 28 an refuses to grow up, yours sounds worst then mine, however i'm about to kick mind out

Lolzed after social services came over and stopped reading...

Super nice guy - which is why I gave him the green light to move in, cause most of my other housemates are some dipshits.

He smokes constantly.

I have studied neuropharmacology, and often this type of behaviour is exhibited by those who've suffered neuronal malfunction as a product of formative age trauma, due to the imbalances in limbic system dopamine it can incite - which is also the reason their conditions can deteriorate to mood disorders and/or schizophrenia.

Four, his father has spent significant time in prison; his uncle is a homeless junkie.
Five, he's unemployed - I don't see how someone in his condition could be long term employable anyways.

So - all that in perspective of the fact that, in contrast to other housemates I've had, who come from well to do backgrounds, and mostly behave like spoiled brats or dipshits; he's a cool guy to hang out with.

PS - I've been forewarned, and it's obvious, that I keep my room locked - he has a reputation as a thief, from the grapevine.
This is not a roomate, this is an incident robbery report waiting to happen.

with assault and battery soon to follow, on YOU, cuz he's probably a really good thief and can cover his tracks well.

You let a guy with no front teeth move into your place? Which trailer park are y'all in?

Sorry my expertise will do no good here. You're too far gone.

He smokes constantly.

LMAO, you lead with this...

Then you follow up with this this...

I've been forewarned, and it's obvious, that I keep my room locked - he has a reputation as a thief

I'm saying one of a few things is happening here.

1. None of this shit happened
2. You dun fucked up and should have known better than to invite a toothless pirate alcoholic to live with you.
3. Your "Roommate" is actually you. The toothless pirate is a character in your head like the John Cusack movie, Identity.

th

th

Sorry my expertise will do no good here. You're too far gone.

Alcoholism, missing teeth, social services, chain smoking, restraining orders.... as an Idahoan, you're basically the regional expert on this sort of thing.

Since he moved in 3 weeks ago, all the other occupants have decided to move out.

I didn't like them anyways.

I wonder did I unconsciously allow this dude to move in, to fuck with the other house occupants whom I didn't like?

If so - that weren't exactly according to plan.

ive never had a housemate besides friends/girlfriends who i wanted to hang out with

its nice not being poor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back