Thiago Alves out of Saturday's UFC co-headliner; replacement foe sought for Mike Perry

I'm legitametely surprised they don't have a backup plan whenever they book Alves, given his injury history.

Pittsburgh? Short notice? We know a certain Spaniard with a 'fro who's looking for redemption haha

Cut him. Cut McCall. Cut Khabib. Cut De Randamie. Send a message to future wannabe pullout merchants

I'd say raging Al, but Perry and his management already ducked Al

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/thiago-alves-off-ufc-pittsburgh-replacement-sought-mike-perry

The UFC is currently seeking a welterweight fighter willing to take on a rising contender on short notice.

MMAjunkie today confirmed with promotion officials that Thiago Alves (22-11 MMA, 14-8 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 116 co-headliner, and Mike Perry (10-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is in need of a new opponent.

Alves’ representatives weren’t immediately available for comment or details on the fighter’s withdrawal.

Featuring a middleweight matchup between former UFC champ Luke Rockhold (15-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and former dual-division WSOF title holder David Branch (21-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC), UFC Fight Night 116 takes place Saturday at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, and it airs on FS1 following an early prelim on UFC Fight Pass.

Alves vs. Perry had second billing on the card.

Perry defeated him before they even stepped in the octagon.

#PlatinumBless

Perry Dodged a Bullet.

WME agrees to terms to purchase the UFC from Fertita Brothers.

How do you guys think this will work out for them, and the fans?

Ups... that great co-main event got screwed. No one will take that place on 3 days notice.

Alves too frail, I knew it was risky fight to sign

Back