They really need to take "octagon control" out of the scoring criteria

Fuck your "Pride rules".

octagon control is legit and only one of the criterias today.

you do know Pride rules also had aggression and ring control as part of the criteria too right? They only used it to influence a fight though if there wasn't a clear cut winner based on damage and trying to end the fight.

dimwit

I think the idea is that both try to gain Octogan control which causes initiation and an actual fight.
Shame WB didn't want any Octogan control.

he made Till fight his fight though, so, shouldn't he be awarded something for that?

it’s the same argument for a wrestler who takes someone down and does nothing. Yeah they are in control but so what?
If you can hold a grown man down and make it so that he can't stand up unless you decide that you want him to, you have bullied and embarrassed him. That is a different argument to being given points for standing in the centre rather than the outside for example

you do know Pride rules also had aggression and ring control as part of the criteria too right? They only used it to influence a fight though if there wasn't a clear cut winner based on damage and trying to end the fight.

dimwit

Again, fuck your "Pride rules". Take your nostalgia and GTFO after learning that the UFC also has more criteria's than just octagon control like your ilk are trying to claim.

he made Till fight his fight though, so, shouldn't he be awarded something for that?
I dunno, was it in the rules before the fight? Too busy to check atm but lemme know.

I gotta football match inhabit, I'm not very good so just gonna pick it up and run it into the goal.
It's not meant to count but surely if I run fast enough and score in my own game, it's gotta count for something?

Aggression and "octagon control" do not have shit to do with winning a fight. Effective striking and grappling do.

moving forward does not = winning a fight

Til ate way more shots than he gave. 49-46 Wonderboy

Til wins under better scoring AKA Pride rules thanks to finishing strong and having the knockdown but WB got robbed under unified rules unless you just weigh "octagon control" a ridiculous amount for some reason.

'His fight' consisted of getting knocked down and almost finished? You want him to be rewarded for that even though you're trying to peddle your little "Pride rules"? You're a contradicting clown. Leave this thread kid.

Again, fuck your "Pride rules". Take your nostalgia and GTFO after learning that the UFC also has more criteria's than just octagon control like your ilk are trying to claim.

this has nothing to do with nostalgia or "pride rules" its just about a judging system that is better suited for MMA. It's obvious that you're a braindead moron so I'll just leave it at that.

'His fight' consisted of getting knocked down and almost finished? You want him to be rewarded for that even though you're trying to peddle your little "Pride rules"? You're a contradicting clown. Leave this thread kid.

Till got hit with the harder shots through 3 rounds bud. I suggest you watch the fights before you yap.

Aggression and "octagon control" do not have shit to do with winning a fight. Effective striking and grappling do.

Til wins under better scoring AKA Pride rules thanks to finishing strong and having the knockdown but WB got robbed under unified rules unless you just weigh "octagon control" a ridiculous amount for some reason.
Just put the bunch of straws down mate..

Funny thing is octagon control's definition doesn't even say anything about moving forward or backward. It says dictating distance, which clear WB did until Till finally trapped him in the 5th round and got in range to land a clean head shot.

I dunno, was it in the rules before the fight? Too busy to check atm but lemme know.

I gotta football match inhabit, I'm not very good so just gonna pick it up and run it into the goal.
It's not meant to count but surely if I run fast enough and score in my own game, it's gotta count for something?

standing in the middle of the octagon or pressing forward while eating the harder shots shouldn't get you Octagon control. If anything, that part of the criteria should be removed or weigh less in decisions.

It's a good way to break a tie in a boring even fight.

Nah. 50-45 Till.

standing in the middle of the octagon or pressing forward while eating the harder shots shouldn't get you Octagon control. If anything, that part of the criteria should be removed or weigh less in decisions.
It creates a fight.
Imagine both standing waiting for a punch to be thrown.

Ever watched Audley Harrison fight?
(boxing )

this has nothing to do with nostalgia or "pride rules" its just about a judging system that is better suited for MMA. It's obvious that you're a braindead moron so I'll just leave it at that.

It has everything to do with it. You're essentially a one trick pony of a troll who tries to insert his little "Pride is better" shtick into every thread. One of the absolutely worst posters in all of sherdog.

Till got hit with the harder shots through 3 rounds bud. I suggest you watch the fights before you yap.

No he didn't. Thompson got knocked down and almost finished and didn't do anything else. Many rounds could have went either way but you're simply too clueless on how to 10 points must system works. Educate yourself instead of crying yourself to sleep over nostalgic Pride Rules.

They're tiebreakers. They're very low on the list of tie breakers but we do need them.

If everything is the same, you need some way to distinguish the fighters. I'm ok with giving it to the guy that "tried harder". Should never have to come to it though.

Oh god, another uninformed octagon control argument. Here are the scoring criteria.

1. EFFECTIVE striking and grappling.

2. If those are tied (heavily discouraged), THEN they use aggression as a tiebreaker.

3. If it's still tied (VERT HEAVILY DISCOURAGED), then they use octagon control.

The guidelines are in a PDF and it's easily found online. I encourage everyone to give it a read. It's only like 2 pages.

Anyway, my point is octagon control likely didn't really enter into the decision. Hopefully we will have fewer arguments like this.

Attachments

• juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf
    85.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Octagon Control is really dumb criteria anyway.

Till moved forward because Thompson moved backwards, and vice versa. Till wasn't physically moving Thompson around the cage.

I haven't even seen the fight and it smells like bullshit.
Thompson basically tried not to engage for 5 rounds.

It has everything to do with it. You're essentially a one trick pony of a troll who tries to insert his little "Pride is better" shtick into every thread. One of the absolutely worst posters in all of sherdog.

No he didn't. Thompson got knocked down and almost finished and didn't do anything else. Many rounds could have went either way but you're simply too clueless on how to 10 points must system works. Educate yourself instead of crying yourself to sleep over nostalgic Pride Rules.

Pretty sure aside from today, I haven't talked about Pride judging in months. but sure, I go in every thread posting about it.

And yes, you can clearly read, as I said WB landed the better strikes through the first 3 rounds. Good thing Till knocked him down a lot in those first 3 rounds bro.

I suggest you watch fights instead of yapping on Sherdog pretending to have any knowledge of the sport.

Back