The Worst Weather You've Experienced?

I live in Maine and we all like to pretend that winter weather is no big deal, but that storm kicked my ass.
I live in a rural area of Maine and we were some of the last people to get our power back. No shower for almost a month, I washed up in sink at work. No hot food except shit I could make in the microwave at work. The house I was living in at the times was so trashy that it was better to sleep in my car. At least I could turn on the heat and listn to the radio. My uncle and I almost got into a bad fight over the end of a hot dog bun that I gave my dog.

Damn you're from Maine? That's awesome! I have family in the Princeton/Woodland and Bangor area! Spent lots of time there. Also a lake called West Musquash.

That's insane. It didn't affect my town nearly as bad as that. Did you have a wood stove at least?

Last edited:
Living in Scotland, the worst I've had is extremely heavy rain. I live on a hill so flooding is never an issue.

The US and other nations experience a plethora of extreme weather conditions and I was wondering if you have been caught up in anything major?

Hurricaine Isabel (2003). A huge-ass tree came crashing down on the property of my apartment complex and came within inches of taking out windows.

hurricane hugo. we lost power for 10 days. the neighbors baby got killed by a falling tree. it was pretty bad and I was pretty far inland. I was close to hurricane katrina, but we didn't get it too bad. and I decided to leave anyway, so I missed that. I cant imagine what its like for those in the middle of these things

Probably in Redding California, It's an arm pit and will go 2-3 weeks or more in the summer over 110 degrees.

also, one time I was racing my horse on the Arabian Peninsula. It was the biggest race in the world with millions going to the winner. Suddenly, this massive wall of sand comes out from nowhere. We ran like the wind, just barely escaping it. Some of our competitors were not so lucky.

Afterwards, my wild mustang horse went on to win, beating many pure thoroughbreds and shocking the world.

Living in Scotland, the worst I've had is extremely heavy rain. I live on a hill so flooding is never an issue.

The US and other nations experience a plethora of extreme weather conditions and I was wondering if you have been caught up in anything major?

I live in an area that gets a lot of snow, but we never see hurricanes or tornadoes. This is a couple of hours from where I live, but I remember winters like this.

Snow sucks, but it's manageable. Things might get shut down for a day or two, but it's nothing like a really gnarly hurricane, or an F5 tornado, so I can't really bitch.

upload_2017-9-12_22-43-32.jpeg

This was taken in the town I live in though...

1e295959878aad38e0d9513965a8dd9f--ice-houses-frozen-frozen.jpg

Last edited:
Rode out Hurricane Isabel in The Outer Banks and been in a lot of outer edges of them being in NC

Last edited:
A wind plow through this small town in Saskatchewan called Oxbow. Me and my parents were actually on the edge of it in a pickup truck watching it all go down. Howling wind, lightening, rain. It was unreal. Crushed buildings there, roofs ripped off, etc. Insane.

I grew up not far from Oxbow. I spent a lot of my time at the Hotel in Carnduff.

I went to visit my relatives in carthage,mo and some huge tornado was happening not far away.

I will never move to Missouri.

Worst that comes to mind is driving through a hail storm 6 years ago. The hail we received in the past was teeny tiny, so I thought nothing of it when i started to drive, and we all know how reliable meteorologists are. I just remember hearing the hail hit my car and it sounding like bullets ping ponging off of metal. All in all, it totaled out 2 cars, hail damage on a third, and had to get my roof, gutters and exterior shutters all replaced.

In comparison to what's going on right now in Florida, not shit... However, when I lived in New Mexico for a brief period we had a day where it was around 112 degrees and then later on that evening it down poured rain, which caused minor flooding and hail followed shortly after. An eye opening and neat thing to experience coming from California but that's about it. Not something I'd want to go through on a yearly basis.

A couple of summers in Phoenix were unbearable. You would burn yourself when you buckled your seatbelt or touched the steering wheel.

On the opposite side of that, when I went to school in Michigan, it got to 12 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't know if people realize how cold that is. Sound travels differently when it's that cold.

News years day 2004 i think backing up at a music festival. 45 degrees Celsius.

I brought one of those mist spray bottles.....i was a god.

Laramie, Wyoming. It was maybe in the 20s and there were wind gusts upwards of 60 mph.

A couple of summers in Phoenix were unbearable. You would burn yourself when you buckled your seatbelt or touched the steering wheel.

On the opposite side of that, when I went to school in Michigan, it got to 12 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't know if people realize how cold that is. Sound travels differently when it's that cold.
I would rather deal with a cold winter than a blazing hot summer like that. I picture just sweating buckets the second you leave your house to drive to work. 120+ F heat must be brutal. Did you hate the colder weather or did you like the change? I live in a colder climate, so i'm used to it at this point. It's only when it's cold out and the wind is howling that it gets to me. Goes right through your pants and you may as well be standing there naked.

Worst weather i went through was the blizzard of '78. I was a young kid though, so it didn't really affect me. Nowadays the streets get plowed fairly quickly so driving is only shitty for a short time.

Inuvik, NWT in Dec/Jan.

I grew up not far from Oxbow. I spent a lot of my time at the Hotel in Carnduff.

Haha my great grandma is from Carievale, right outside of Carnduff. Some of my family still lives on a farm there. You might remember hearing about that wind plow (plow wind, whatever), or maybe you were still there. That was back in 1995.

http://www.producer.com/1995/08/the-big-wind/

I bet you used to cross the border into Manitoba to drink when you were 18.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back