The Worst Weather You've Experienced?

And now I have to say the worst was Supertyphoon Yolanda (internationally known as Typhoon Haiyan in early November 2013, a category 5 typhoon that is the strongest typhoon ever to make landfall. 6340 people died in that typhoon. I was on a small island off the coast of Cebu, Philippines. It was pretty wild. The wife and I (fiancée at that time) just stayed inside the whole time fucking. Good times.

Last edited:
Haha my great grandma is from Carievale, right outside of Carnduff. Some of my family still lives on a farm there. You might remember hearing about that wind plow (plow wind, whatever), or maybe you were still there. That was back in 1995.

http://www.producer.com/1995/08/the-big-wind/

I bet you used to cross the border into Manitoba to drink when you were 18.
My grandma was from Carievile.
I've still got relatives that live there. It's a small world.

I remember that storm. It ripped the roof off our school gym. The next year it got ripped off again.

My grandma was from Carievile.
I've still got relatives that live there. It's a small world.

I remember that storm. It ripped the roof off our school gym. The next year it got ripped off again.

They probably knew each other then. Maybe me and you crossed paths on one of my trips out there. Small world indeed.;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_1998_North_American_ice_storm

img-winter-storm.jpg

I had a tornado go through my hometown in Saskatchewan when I was a kid that hurled our big oak tree through our picture window. No one died though and it wasn't a super powerful tornado.

Other than that just a whole lot of snow/ice storms over the years.

Socsl so i think i ha d to wea r a light javvket during weinter

They probably knew each other then. Maybe me and you crossed paths on one of my trips out there. Small world indeed.;)
It's all fun and games until you screw around and lose your eye like....

Nothing worse than grey sky + light rain + industrial area.

Blizzard in Montana with wind chill 65 below zero.

Sandstorm in Qutar.

Came to say wisconsin tornadoes. Also rain in Chicago so heavy windsheild wipers on the car were useless

I have had to pull over and wait for 10 - 15 minutes because of 0 visibility from rain in Chicago. We have had marble sized hail too.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in December. It was -26F or something absurd, cmon son

It routinely gets above 120 here in the summer where I live now, good times.

Microburst

116 mph winds ridiculous amount of rain

phoenix-macroburst-2.jpg

ophbzuyf9oyet88t6mqc.jpg

Also summer temps of 115-120+

Summer of 2011 heat wave in Houston.

30 days of 100 F+ temperatures. And of course, this is on top of the notorious Gulf Coast humidity.

I have had to pull over and wait for 10 - 15 minutes because of 0 visibility from rain in Chicago. We have had marble sized hail too.
The rain there is unreal. I remember running from the car into the house once and it was as if i jumped in a pool

Outside of Boise in 2009 while driving a rental SUV we saw this storm blowing up real quick and I commented to my friends "last time I saw a sky like this was when I got caught in a hail storm in Yellowstone Park." Not 30 seconds later there's a loudass bang on the car that sounded like a huge rock.

Then all hell broke loose as golfball sized hail broke the sunroof. Then it started shattering the windshield, eventually to such a degree that there were small holes where it was broken completely through. My buddy's wife and I were holding a blanket up to the windshield and my buddy in back was holding the sunroof slider thing so the glass wouldn't fall all over inside the vehicle. Water was pouring down on us from the broken sunroof and I was just hoping the hail wouldn't take out the side windows. It lasted at least a couple of minutes but time is hard to gauge when shit like that happens. When it was over it looked like 6 dudes went to work on this car with baseball bats.

Moral of the story ALWAYS get the loss/damage waiver when renting a vehicle. Was really glad I did on that trip.

Back