The undisputed HW title should be awarded to the fighter who defends first

Nah, it should be the guy who won it.
The guy who won it did so by beating another guy whose name was picked out of a hat as it was a Vacant title. Tom and Pav were two guys picked out of a hat to compete for the "Interim" title. How is Jon's HW championship lineage worth more then Tom's?

This situation is partly the UFC mudding the waters but Jon is very much a factor. Jon vs Stipe could simply be for the "Legacy" belt if neither is intending to defend that title in short order. The fact that Jon had to pull out and there was a fighter (Pavlovich) contracted to weigh in as a back up yet the UFC didn't employ him to step in against the original opponent Stipe is nonsensical. Stipe and Jon must both have agreed to Pav as the back up otherwise there was no reason to have him as the back up, so why not Stipe vs Pav? The UFC is Kowtowing to Jon for fear he will refuse to fight unless it is a) Stipe and only Stipe and b) for the Undisputed title is unnecessary IMO.

Even if you assume they lose Jon vs Stipe as a PPV imagine having an undisputed HW champion available to headline UFC 300 plus turn around and have an event in the UK with Tom and Leon co headling. They could do a soccer stadium with 100k in attendance. If Tom won that he could fight again before Jon and Stipe finally fight and that is assuming one of them doesn't get hurt again. Putting all your eggs in the same basket is foolish. When that basket is Jon who may get injured, arrested or possibly go to rehab its just plain dumb.

When there are 2 champs they should obviously fight each other to unify the belt.

That's the point, the interim is supposed to defend the belt while the "real" champ is out. That's why it's called interim champion, it literally means 'champion in the interim'.

But as soon as the champ is back they are supposed to defend against the interim champion.
I agree with all of this.

It doesn't matter that Jon was previously booked against Stipe before Tom became interim champ. Circumstances change, Stipe lost whatever shaky claim he had to being #1 contender the moment he turned down the fight with Pavlovich for the interim belt.

The problem is Stipe never had any legitimate claim to #1 contender status during Jons HW tenure.

Stipe has a grand total of ZERO wins over currently ranked UFC HWs. His only win over a fighter who is still actually even in the UFC is over unranked 45 year old Andrei Arlovski 8 years ago.

Stipes only fight in the last 3 years is a KTFO loss.

I agree with all of this.

The problem is Stipe never had any legitimate claim to #1 contender status during Jons HW tenure.

Stipe has a grand total of ZERO wins over currently ranked UFC HWs. His only win over a fighter who is still actually even in the UFC is over unranked 45 year old Andrei Arlovski 8 years ago.

Stipes only fight in the last 3 years is a KTFO loss.
Oh I know Stipe hasn't earned and doesn't deserve shit, but I'm trying to explain it to Jones fans that keep telling me that the UFC need to honor their arrangements because they already booked Jon vs Stipe once.

As though circumstances don't change and like the UFC always keeps fights together no matter what.

Last edited:
View attachment 1029113

I am once again asking you all to stop pretending to be retards simply because you're unhappy at the moment. Jon is the champion.
Okay I think you’re now just being willfully ignorant, it’s clear you have a personal stake in the argument and will cling on to the only one thing you think is a good point. (It’s not a good point) keep it. Disengaging…

Jon should be fighting Aspinall for his next MMA bout. That's it, that's all.

If he doesn't come back in a year, Tom officially becomes champ. Simple as that.
Totally, but since Jon already announced he wasn't fighting Tom, I don't think Tom has to wait a year. If he successfully defends his belt, he can call himself the real HW champ and let Jon and Dana try to explain why he isn't.

Oh I know Stipe hasn't earned and doesn't deserve shit, but I'm trying to explain it to Jones fans that keep telling me that the UFC need to honor their arrangements because they already booked Jon vs Stipe once.

As though circumstances don't change and like the UFC always keeps fights together no matter what.
<JennieThumbsUp>

If I was not clear enough, I was not intending to argue with you but rather just adding additional context to expand upon what you had mentioned about Stipe's weak (at best) claim to #1 contender status.

<JennieThumbsUp>

If I was not clear enough, I was not intending to argue with you but rather just adding additional context to expand upon what you had mentioned about Stipe's weak (at best) claim to #1 contender status.
I know, brother. I'm not attempting to argue with you either.

I should have said Stipe's claim to being #1 contender is non existent, rather than shaky.

This is an unusual situation. The HW champ is out with an injury and now we have an interim champ who has equal claim to the disputed belt. Normally this conundrum of two simultaneous champs would be resolved by a unification bout at the first possible moment. Now we have a situation where the champ is refusing to fight the interim champ. This still leaves two champs with equal claim to the undisputed belt.
This is gonna make me sound like a Jones shill but I'll say it anyway

You make it sound like UFC is begging for Jon vs Aspinall and Jon is refusing, but that's not the case - UFC are pushing for Jon vs Stipe
(Sure, if Jon was to turn around and say he wants Aspinall, that might change...but still)

“No,” White answered when asked if Aspinall could fight Jon Jones.

“And we’re not stripping Jon Jones either. He’s the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. You’re a young guy. You were injured there for a while. You’ll get your shot. Just wait. This fight has to happen and then we’ll figure out what’s next for you.”

This is gonna make me sound like a Jones shill but I'll say it anyway

You make it sound like UFC is begging for Jon vs Aspinall and Jon is refusing, but that's not the case - UFC are pushing for Jon vs Stipe
(Sure, if Jon was to turn around and say he wants Aspinall, that might change...but still)

“No,” White answered when asked if Aspinall could fight Jon Jones.

“And we’re not stripping Jon Jones either. He’s the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. You’re a young guy. You were injured there for a while. You’ll get your shot. Just wait. This fight has to happen and then we’ll figure out what’s next for you.”
Yeah I know. It's total bullshit. What Tom needs to do is say 'I'm the Interim Heavyweight Champion. My next fight is for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the World--with or without Jon Jones'. And then defend his title and call himself the real champ. Jon and Dana can have fun trying to explain why that shouldn't be the case.

Gane vs Pavlovich

Gane win = Jones keeps his belt

Pavlovich win = Aspinall Undisputed
What a hilariously obtuse but somehow sensible way to settle it lol
Jon should have vacated the moment he was injured and fought Tom when he came back. This would require Jon to be a consummate sportsman, which he is not, and here we are.
Jon won the fight for the undisputed belt. Aspinall did not.

This isn't hard. Stop turning into retards because you're unhappy about it.
When there is an interim title, the belt is in dispute. You seem like an angry little fellow.

The guy who won it did so by beating another guy whose name was picked out of a hat as it was a Vacant title. Tom and Pav were two guys picked out of a hat to compete for the "Interim" title. How is Jon's HW championship lineage worth more then Tom's?

This situation is partly the UFC mudding the waters but Jon is very much a factor. Jon vs Stipe could simply be for the "Legacy" belt if neither is intending to defend that title in short order. The fact that Jon had to pull out and there was a fighter (Pavlovich) contracted to weigh in as a back up yet the UFC didn't employ him to step in against the original opponent Stipe is nonsensical. Stipe and Jon must both have agreed to Pav as the back up otherwise there was no reason to have him as the back up, so why not Stipe vs Pav? The UFC is Kowtowing to Jon for fear he will refuse to fight unless it is a) Stipe and only Stipe and b) for the Undisputed title is unnecessary IMO.

Even if you assume they lose Jon vs Stipe as a PPV imagine having an undisputed HW champion available to headline UFC 300 plus turn around and have an event in the UK with Tom and Leon co headling. They could do a soccer stadium with 100k in attendance. If Tom won that he could fight again before Jon and Stipe finally fight and that is assuming one of them doesn't get hurt again. Putting all your eggs in the same basket is foolish. When that basket is Jon who may get injured, arrested or possibly go to rehab its just plain dumb.
VERY good post.

Personally, with most things of this ilk, I dislike when the UFC puts it's eggs in one basket. For example, holding certain healthy fighters for 3-5 months because you want them to fight on a card in a specific place and if that fighter gets injured, then entire card falls a part and you go a year without a belt being defended. (cain vs werdum, as an example)

Last edited:
Jon won the fight for the undisputed belt. Aspinall did not.

This isn't hard. Stop turning into retards because you're unhappy about it.
Jones won the Vacant HW Title. He never won it from the Undisputed Champ. Now that there is an Interim Title, his belt is “disputed.
Stop turning into a retard because youre swinging from Jones’ nuts.

I like the part where you completely skipped over that creating an interim title in the first place was a joke.
I like the part where you completely skipped over that Jones never beat Ngannou, the real undisputed HW Champ or the fact that Jones’ “title defense” is against a 2+ year inactive, 42yr old, coming off a KO loss Stipe instead of an actual worthy contender.

When there are 2 champs they should obviously fight each other to unify the belt.

That's the point, the interim is supposed to defend the belt while the "real" champ is out. That's why it's called interim champion, it literally means 'champion in the interim'.

But as soon as the champ is back they are supposed to defend against the interim champion.

It doesn't matter that Jon was previously booked against Stipe before Tom became interim champ. Circumstances change, Stipe lost whatever shaky claim he had to being #1 contender the moment he turned down the fight with Pavlovich for the interim belt.
I hate Jon Jones for real. If you want to look at a real piece of shit human being, look no further than Jon, and I'm not talking about just his cheating for his MMA fights. He literally has not one redeeming quality.

Last edited:
Back