The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

I can't believe Pico shrunk that much the second he had the lights on him. The guy turned cur when the going was tough.

I had never heard of the guy. But I googled him today and saw pictures of him all over the place with big stars like Roach, Liddell, and even a picture with Floyd. There is no reason why a kid with zero accomplishments should be getting that kind of star treatment, it makes no sense.

Yesterday he looked like a kid cracking under the pressure of bright lights, which really is not shocking now that I see how he was built up to be some kind of star. I can't believe they did not have this kid fight a few cans just to get him accustomed to cage fights. Everything was probably new to him, even waiting backstage and the cage walk. The UFC set Mickey Gall up against some bum in his first fight, that is really how they should have handled it.

Romero will win as will my girl Valentina.

Edit: Looks like the fight's off....

Oh well, Romero will win.

Last edited:

Must resist ....must not ....

Good look I hope Romero wins !
Is the main event stil going be the chicks ?
Never mind just realized Valentina is the female fighter for the main event

Must resist ....must not ....

Good look I hope Romero wins !
Is the main event stil going be the chicks ?
Never mind just realized Valentina is the female fighter for the main event

Hey just wanted to ask you guys since this is the off topic thread, can native Spanish speakers tell what countries others are from.

This is probably a dumb question but for instance Marc, you're from Mexico, can you tell if someone is from like Guatemala or some other country just by their accent when you guys are speaking in Spanish to each other?

Cuban same question for you, can you tell who's from DR or PR by their accents? I know certain people use certain words that are different like "cono" and shit but just by their voices can you guys tell?

Anyway speaking of latino dudes, I have a small bet on Romero. I think Whittaker is on his way to becoming something special in mma but Romero is so fucking good right now, such a great athlete. I think he might be too much for Whittaker atm, but wouldn't be surprised at all to see Whittaker pull off the upset, he's really good and only getting better. Romero is just too hard to bet against at this point imo.

Also really like Andrade ~ +240ish range against Font. Andrade is a monster striker, Font very good striker in his own right but that line is just off to me. Andrade has some crazy offense that can put anyone out if he goes about it right.

Hey just wanted to ask you guys since this is the off topic thread, can native Spanish speakers tell what countries others are from.

This is probably a dumb question but for instance Marc, you're from Mexico, can you tell if someone is from like Guatemala or some other country just by their accent when you guys are speaking in Spanish to each other?

Cuban same question for you, can you tell who's from DR or PR by their accents? I know certain people use certain words that are different like "cono" and shit but just by their voices can you guys tell?

Anyway speaking of latino dudes, I have a small bet on Romero. I think Whittaker is on his way to becoming something special in mma but Romero is so fucking good right now, such a great athlete. I think he might be too much for Whittaker atm, but wouldn't be surprised at all to see Whittaker pull off the upset, he's really good and only getting better. Romero is just too hard to bet against at this point imo.

Also really like Andrade ~ +240ish range against Font. Andrade is a monster striker, Font very good striker in his own right but that line is just off to me. Andrade has some crazy offense that can put anyone out if he goes about it right.

I'm not a Spanish speaker, but even I can tell the difference between Mexican, Purrto Rican, Venezuelan, and Spanish accents. Most native speakers can tell right away, at least to some extent. Sometimes they are very jusgemental.

I had an American friend who went to school in Puerto Rico (where he mastered the language), and dated a Mexican girl. Her family thought he was trashy because he spoke like a Puerto Rican, but only because he went to college there.

I'm not a Spanish speaker, but even I can tell the difference between Mexican, Purrto Rican, Venezuelan, and Spanish accents. Most native speakers can tell right away, at least to some extent. Sometimes they are very jusgemental.

I had an American friend who went to school in Puerto Rico (where he mastered the language), and dated a Mexican girl. Her family thought he was trashy because he spoke like a Puerto Rican, but only because he went to college there.

Thanks for response. I'm from upstate NY and there's a very small hispanic population up here, at least the city I'm from. It's almost all black and white people where I live, so I rarely hear anyone speak Spanish enough to be able to tell where they're from. That's pretty cool you're friend knows Spanish, I've been telling myself for years I'm gonna either go back to school and learn it or teach myself with rosetta stone or some shit. I guess it shouldn't be much difference than when you can tell that someone has an accent from a different part of America. Just so many different spanish speaking countries, I wonder how hard it is sometimes.

I can tell the difference, sometimes South America throws me off and PR and DR almost sound the same .

My wife is from the DR and I am starting to get her accent it's annoying, people asking me if I am from the DR lol

Pettis and Miller stopped fighting and had a breakdance battle at he end of the fight.

Someone watch the fights with me.

Did you watch that Gaethje-Johnson fight last night, Shael? Good fight with some nice swings to it.

I'm just tuning into this card now, although I'm not sure how long I'll watch it for. Don't care much for these matchups.

Why are Werdum and Overeem rematching each other? Did Dana not see their first fight or what? One of the worst fights I ever saw in Strikeforce.

Did you watch that Gaethje-Johnson fight last night, Shael? Good fight with some nice swings to it.

I'm just tuning into this card now, although I'm not sure how long I'll watch it for. Don't care much for these matchups.
I saw a short clip of the end of that fight. I've never seen Gaethje before, but MJ is pretty good and he took a beating from what I saw in that short clip.

As far as this card goes I honestly just want to see Romero vs Whitaker.

I saw a short clip of the end of that fight. I've never seen Gaethje before, but MJ is pretty good and he took a beating from what I saw in that short clip.

As far as this card goes I honestly just want to see Romero vs Whitaker.

Try to find video of the whole fight if you can. Both took a beating in it. Gaethje got hurt pretty badly on at least a couple of occasions himself. Well worth the watch.

Romero-Whitaker is the only fight that is somewhat worth the watch for me tonight as well. These two heavyweight fights and the women's fight I can do without.

Try to find video of the whole fight if you can. Both took a beating in it. Gaethje got hurt pretty badly on at least a couple of occasions himself. Well worth the watch.

Romero-Whitaker is the only fight that is somewhat worth the watch for me tonight as well. These two heavyweight fights and the women's fight I can do without.
I'll check it out. The Women's fight got canceled. Or is there another one?

Instead of selling off the flyweight division the UFC should think about selling off their heavyweights. Yes please. Throw in the WMMA divisions as a bonus too.

Wow guys....just WOW!!!! I just got back from the heavies, and there are some seriously dumb motherfukers over there. Cant put together a decent argument at all!.

Wow guys....just WOW!!!! I just got back from the heavies, and there are some seriously dumb motherfukers over there. Cant put together a decent argument at all!.
Man, we been knowing that. Why you think me and @Sharkey down here in the basement watching fights.

Hurry up and stare at each other why don't ya.

Back