The "Tyrannical Government" argument....

Anyone who talks shit about someone repeatedly without tagging them is a pussy.

You already complained about this

But he wants to make the argument that a targeted policy against german citizens stripping them of their citizenship

Makes that targeting policy toward Germany's own citizens not count

Because it affected citizens that were no longer citizens as the result of targeted policy towards them while they were very much, citizens

making no sense to you

so humoring your silly defenses of tyrannical policy is pretty much pointless. That was as straightforward as it can be

Meanwhile you sound like a fucked up person for maintaining the Nazi Reich's restrictive laws weren't a problem because the targets of those laws weren't strong enough to pose a threat

You might want to keep that opinion to yourself at parties lol

when shit hits the fan who do you call??

oh yea, people with guns.

for me its that simple. you wanna be dependant on waiting for help if shit really hits the fan, good on you. i dont.

What "shit" are you talking about? I'm specifically talking about the government sending in the military. If that's the shit you are talking about your fucking crazy. Like I said, I served for 14 years and never, not one, have I ever served with anyone, in any service, that would turn on their own fellow American.

The Tyrannical Government argument is stupid and not based in reality. Defending yourself from your fellow citizen is absolutely a reality and why I support gun ownership.

What "shit" are you talking about? I'm specifically talking about the government sending in the military. If that's the shit you are talking about your fucking crazy. Like I said, I served for 14 years and never, not one, have I ever served with anyone, in any service, that would turn on their own fellow American.

The Tyrannical Government argument is stupid and not based in reality. Defending yourself from your fellow citizen is absolutely a reality and why I support gun ownership.

Bundy ranch.

Keep believing it can't happen even tho it has happened thru out history.

The rest of the free world isn’t on the edge of their seats worrying about a tyrannical government.

It’s funny the things Americans believe in vs the rest of the first world believe in.

Did you miss all of the police brutality threads circa 2015 through to this year?

You already complained about this

making no sense to you

so humoring your silly defenses of tyrannical policy is pretty much pointless. That was as straightforward as it can be

Meanwhile you sound like a fucked up person for maintaining the Nazi Reich's restrictive laws weren't a problem because the targets of those laws weren't strong enough to pose a threat

You might want to keep that opinion to yourself at parties lol

I never said they weren't a problem or agreed with them.. just pointing out the inconsistency in the timeline when people make this tired old but Hitler argument.

I was highlighting that the Nazi's deeds cannot be solely attributed to then "disarmament" of the Jews as the reason they were successful with their crimes against humanity.

Disarming the Jews was about the 47th straw that fell through the severed spine where the camel's back used to be after decades of discrimination.

Last edited:
9 year USMC veteran here... 4 combat tours. If civilians started shooting at us you're god damned right we would be shooting back. If the Marine Corps put me in a position where I had to defend myself against US citizens shooting at me I would 100% reign down death upon them. If you think our soldiers and Marines are going to just sit there and get shot without putting up a fight you're an idiot.

He brought up a very specific case because it showed exactly what would happen if people were put in a tough situation. Hurricane Katrina was another situation where police / National Guard had to fire on US citizens in a bad situation. I think you're a fool if you believe that somehow the world has magically become immune to an authoritarian government and that it would be impossible for a government to try and take serious control of its populous.

The instance you bring up with Katrina is VERY isolated and initiated by criminals. Yes, when the military is put into a situation where armed criminals are shooting at them then of course they will shoot back but that's not a Tyranical Government coming to take your life. That's military members defending themselves from fucking criminals!!!

Do you actually believe that the government would order the military to invade cities and towns across America and the military would just follow those orders? You would follow those orders? You would march into American towns reigning death upon civilians (non-criminals)?

If so you are a sack of shit. No one I know would ever follow suck an order.

Bundy ranch.

The Bundy Ranch.... Really, thanks what you have to offer to show that the government is coming into main street America and kill/enslave you.

Take a walk you fucking dummy

The instance you bring up with Katrina is VERY isolated and initiated by criminals. Yes, when the military is put into a situation where armed criminals are shooting at them then of course they will shoot back but that's not a Tyranical Government coming to take your life. That's military members defending themselves from fucking criminals!!!

Do you actually believe that the government would order the military to invade cities and towns across America and the military would just follow those orders? You would follow those orders? You would march into American towns reigning death upon civilians (non-criminals)?

If so you are a sack of shit. No one I know would ever follow suck an order.

I like how you keep saying the same thing that it would never happen, but you've been provided multiple examples of it happening and you keep dismissing it as "isolated incidents."

Either way I have no idea if it would ever happen, but lets quit pretending it couldn't happen. Even relatively recent history shows that governments will attempt to oppress their people and restrict their rights and ways of life. I doubt it will happen in the US but I'll tell you a solid way to ensure it doesn't happen and that's the Bill of Rights and more importantly the 2nd amendment.

No, I'm not going to roll my tank into Raleigh, NC and start firing on houses at random. But I would roll my tank into Raleigh, NC and fire at people who were already firing at me or others in an attempt to squash the violence. You claim the people in Katrina were criminals... wouldn't you agree that people firing at others or attempting a coup would also make them criminals? Once the bullets start flying shit changes real quick and that survival instinct kicks in... this is why I brought up Katrina. Cops and National Guard went door to door confiscating weapons and people refused and it turned into a shooting situation. A small spark can light a big fire when there's enough volatile elements in the area.

As for calling me a sack of shit... fair play since I think I called you a fool and a moron. I guarantee you would fire back if fired upon. The government wouldn't give you orders to go in and shoot everybody, but you'd get some kind of bullshit order to go in a try and quell a small insurgence. This turns into a firefight as you approach and all hell breaks loose. It's not all clear and dry where you're getting a 5 paragraph order stating that all US civilians in a general area need to be bombed or irradiated because nobody would follow that order.

Insurgents aren't going to stick around long enough for the government to roll tanks in. That's not how any of this works.

Before starting, I have no problem with gun ownership. I own myself and absolutely believe in the right to own firearms for self protection. I do not think that means anyone should be able to own firearms or that every type of firearm should be legal. Regulation and control is needed.

That statement can be argued in many different directions but the one I would like to focus on is owning weapons to defend yourself from a Tyrannical Government. This statement I find ridiculous for two reasons:

1.) For the government to turn on it's own people the military would have to be involved. Members of the military would have to march through the streets of the US and turn their weapons on the citizens. I have been in the military for 14 years and I can say, without a shadow or a doubt, that this will NEVER happen. I don't know a single person that I have served with that could ever be convinced to do this. Flat out, it will never happen with the volunteer force we have. Only nut jobs believe this might happen

2.) If in some conspiracy theory, fantasy world, this did happen, you can buy all the AR 15s you want but you're getting fucked up and quick. If the US Military went balls out on the public we're all dead.

So I think the Tyrannical Government argument is pretty moot when it comes to a reason for gun ownership.

lol

Yeah, because lord knows no one ever uses guerilla style tactics to stymie modern military. And we don't have hundreds of thousands of trained veterans in this country to help put up a fight too.

Also, stop lying -you don't own guns and aren't for the 2nd. Just come out and say it for fucksakes.

Everybody worried about tyrannical govt. should take a look at your local police dept.

"Literally Hitler" is a right-wing meme.

No progressive has ever said, with sincerity, "Trump is literally Hitler".

Hope this helps.

You speaking on behalf of the entire fringe left does not help.

Hope this helps.

Bundy ranch.

First of all, that's one event that took place what, 20 years after the WACO shit Janet Reno did with the BATF....

Second... that wasn't military, that was federal law enforcement, IE, the FBI that did that.

The Bundy Ranch.... Really, thanks what you have to offer to show that the government is coming into main street America and kill/enslave you.

Take a walk you fucking dummy

Yea like Japanese and German Americans. Those righteous soldiers wouldn't take orders and imprison them. Couldn't happen ever. Soldiers are so moral and intelligent....

Oh wait, most are morons like you that take orders and can be easily brainwashed by patriotic nonsense.

First of all, that's one event that took place what, 20 years after the WACO shit Janet Reno did with the BATF....

Second... that wasn't military, that was federal law enforcement, IE, the FBI that did that.

Is that not the same government just a different arm??? Militarization of police isn't happening???

It's all in the numbers. If we can be divided to such a point where a strong majority of the population would condone the persecution of the minority population by the gubment, Bingo! you have tyranny.
It doesn't seem like we really envision how something like this would play out in the U.S. when making these arguments. Seems to me it would end up divided by states and the fighting forces that reside in those states. If the shit hit the fan, people would scramble to a state that was friendly to their belief, race, gender or whatever caused the breaking point. New military's and militias would organize.
I don't think it would simply be Gubment vs population.

All of this is irrelevant anyway -Americans are too 1st world and comfortable to die over this right now. Besides, there are other -and currently better- arguments for the 2nd, and being able to own certain types of weapons than this atm. Being able to at least put up a fight against tyranny is just one, and it doesn't apply to the immediate anyway.

this whole argument is highly nonsensical to me

mainly b/c it assumes that the US government in the event that they are confiscating weapons are going to Play Along Nicely and follow conventional rules of War....

uh no, this isn't Waco where one isolated incidient has the national/world media's eyes on it in a bubble. The entire nation would be Waco or Ruby Ridge, and the government has drones and shit.....

Is that not the same government just a different arm??? Militarization of police isn't happening???
no, not really to the degree people think
some PDs and Federal Agencies get better equipment (APCs, tactical vehicles, etc..) but the training isn't the same.

The average Marine or Soldier does room clearing/MOUT training all the time. Generally, that is done by SWAT for local police forces, and the average police office either rarely or never trains things like that. Same w/ reflexive fire, UXO, Medevacs, etc....

Back