The Truth about USADA, Failed Tests and "Cheating" Fighters

Just aswell I said neither then isn't it really?

Yes, I was clarifying your thoughts for less intelligent forum members, so they can learn something.

Think of yourself as the professor and me as your graduate teaching assistant.

We get it, Anderson is a big fat phony.

We get it, Anderson is a big fat phony.

No, that's not the point at all. However, if you can't process what was written, I can't give a TL;DR or "Cliff Notes" version. That's as short and simple as I can make it.

I've seen the jabronies going on and on about how once dirty = career cheat and ignoring that guys like Werdum passed over 25 tests - under USADA - before popping.

It's very easily conceivable that someone could have been cheating - passed their 25+ tests - and simply retired before they ever got caught.

There are only two categories of fighters we can be confident in:
1- Caught cheating
2- Never caught cheating

Nobody should ever have any confidence that someone from category 2 is a "clean fighter that never cheated" because we have no way to know.
We like to give fighters the benefit of the doubt. It's not right to assume someone is a cheater when there isn't any solid evidence that they have cheated. There is now evidence that Werdum was cheating so he can now be assumed to be a drugs cheat. I can confidently predict that Werdum's explanation will be a tainted supplement or tainted meat. This is a lie. All professional athletes know they need to be extremely careful about what substances they put in tbeir body so anyone who uses this tainted supplement excuse is an absolute liar. The commisions need to clamp down on this if they really do want a clean sport

No serious rankings. Ducking hard opponents and picking those you want for easy wins and money. This is entertainment, not a serious sport. That said, let them Juice to the bones and entertain us

I've seen the jabronies going on and on about how once dirty = career cheat and ignoring that guys like Werdum passed over 25 tests - under USADA - before popping.

It's very easily conceivable that someone could have been cheating - passed their 25+ tests - and simply retired before they ever got caught.

There are only two categories of fighters we can be confident in:
1- Caught cheating
2- Never caught cheating

Nobody should ever have any confidence that someone from category 2 is a "clean fighter that never cheated" because we have no way to know.
Great post, with the amount of money changing hands and the fact that athletes and camps know exactly what’s tested for I surmise that they all are trying to get an edge.

We like to give fighters the benefit of the doubt. It's not right to assume someone is a cheater when there isn't any solid evidence that they have cheated. There is now evidence that Werdum was cheating so he can now be assumed to be a drugs cheat. I can confidently predict that Werdum's explanation will be a tainted supplement or tainted meat. This is a lie. All professional athletes know they need to be extremely careful about what substances they put in tbeir body so anyone who uses this tainted supplement excuse is an absolute liar. The commisions need to clamp down on this if they really do want a clean sport

So you recommend he go the retro-active TUE route like Cris "I paid my bribes" Cyborg did? I pissed hot - no wait - I had a rare medical disease that nobody knew about that just happens to require a banned substance famous for masking steroids. Uh huh.

I pretty much agree overall.

A fighter whose only tested positive under USADA, but never under conditions A or B, should not be considered a roider in comparison to those who have never gone through the stricter testing.

Last edited:
Fedor lost once. and that had to do with him being over zealous.
Bro? I thought he lost 3 times in Strikeforce?

tumblr_mnzyjeQMmP1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

4_medium_medium.gif

il04CG.gif

I forgot about the bigfoot one...and I didn't think the henderson fight was in strikeforce...I stand corrected...
Its easy to forget those fights to be honest.

I can't remember a BJ Penn fight since he KOed Matt Hughes

I forgot about the bigfoot one...and I didn't think the henderson fight was in strikeforce...I stand corrected...

So even without the early TK "loss," he lost and was finished by 4 fighters: Werdum, Bigfoot, Hendo and Mitrione. And Brawldanado came close!

At the end of the day it comes down to whether the fighter is liked or hated on here.

Jon is innocent.

He's not innocent at all. He just has a hell of a lot of company who haven't been caught yet.

Out of curiosity, is Bel
Its easy to forget those fights to be honest.

I can't remember a BJ Penn fight since he KOed Matt Hughes

Until about a week ago, I had no recollection of BJ fighting Dennis Siver.

Until about a week ago, I had no recollection of BJ fighting Dennis Siver.
Never happended bro, you need to check yourself into a mental hospital.

BJ is the LW GOAT, yes he never fought Edgar but im sure he'd KO him.

Fedor also fought in Affliction. They drug tested because it was in the US. He never failed a test there.

Category 2 testing. That doesn't prove he never used PEDs. Anderson Silva passed drug tests for 9 years in the UFC with similar testing before he got busted. Maybe he was clean all those years or maybe he just didn't get caught. We don't know. That's my point about making assumptions.

Back