The toughest/hardest men in sports through history

Honorable mention to Akshay Buddiga

This gangster brutally passed out at the Super Bowl of spelling bees, then as everyone was freaking out he calmly stood back up and walk off KOs the word like a boss. He'd then battle through several more rounds to make it to the finals

latrell-sprewell-pj-carlesimo.jpg

LMAO Sprewell vs Carlisimo.

I'm loving these NBA flashbacks!

Honorable mention to Akshay Buddiga

This gangster brutally passed out at the Super Bowl of spelling bees, then as everyone was freaking out he calmly stood back up and walk off KOs the word like a boss. He'd then battle through several more rounds to make it to the finals

Lol at his eyes at the beginning

Ali has to be the toughest SOB that I've ever seen in sports, Liston and Foreman both folded in front of him even though they had all the physical advantages.

That was my first thought too. That's what really got me about Muhammad Ali. He was not only the funniest, the smartest, the prettiest and the fastest, he was also the toughest motherfucker with a greater warrior spirit than I've ever seen in any other sport.

tumblr_m9l6u4tSrI1rseoyno1_500.gif

That German keeper Man City had who played much of the f a cup final with a broken neck. Hard cunt.

I think with discussions of this type, it's important to establish what we mean by toughness and hardness. In my opinion, it's a persons ability to accept and ignore pain or to persevere long after defeat.

Some people seem to think that toughness is defined by the ability to inflict pain, but I don't think that's as admirable as the ability to take it. Bullies dish it out. The truly tough brushes it off and keeps coming forward.

I'd like to personally suggest striking Mark Hunt from this thread. People say he's a bad ass, but his 12-11 record tells me different.

Takes a bit of the fortitude to play goalie without a mask.

fbdc1ee1-6ad7-4445-ace5-932a575d6276.jpg

Derrick Rose keeps playing despite the possibility of being sore at his son's graduation. Not sure anyone else faces that kind of adversity and still rises.

I like Ray Lewis. Forget the 17-year career as an NFL linebacker. Look at how he handles a brutal playoff loss where there was tons of blame to go around.

Gordie Howe. Not many athletes have what he did. A tough cunt from the prairies who was also the most skilled player of his era.

gordie.jpg

Big Jim Mills Welsh Rugby League player who reminds me of Unlicensed Boxer Lenny Mclean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back