The toughest/hardest men in sports through history

Hidden_Hand

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just reading some old Haku stories and the guy sounded like a legit monster who every wrestler feared and got me thinking of any other stories of just legit bad asses in sports you wouldn't wanna mess with?

In MMA i've heard Jeremy Stephens is a rough guy who best to be on the good side of and Tank Abbott.

Sonny Liston in boxing, guy was more feared out the ring than in it.

Not sport related but the model Rob Evans is apparently a tough guy and an ex boxer been known to fight and even got in trouble for beating a fellow model over an argument.

Anyone got any other stories or guys from other sports?

BcL6EvOCMAAtdVj.png:large

John L Sullivan, last bare knuckle boxing champion of the world.

giphy.gif

tumblr_lz7giyNIt91qaii8do2_250.gif

has been described as"a bit rough"

Ali has to be the toughest SOB that I've ever seen in sports, Liston and Foreman both folded in front of him even though they had all the physical advantages.

Wayne 'Buck' Shelford

four_col_GettyImages_174050546.jpg

Shelford made his Test debut for the All Blacks later that year against France in a 19–7 victory in Toulouse, and then was a notable victim of the infamous "Battle of Nantes" in the second Test. Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand where he witnessed the All Blacks lose 16–3. To this day Shelford has no memory of the game.

Ronnie Lott and Dick Butkus

Wayne 'Buck' Shelford

four_col_GettyImages_174050546.jpg
Just reading that paragraph traumatizes every man who does.

I've never forgotten this since the first time I encountered citation of the anecdote on Sherdog. This shit haunts my dreams...
Pssssttt, Madmick...
You're a bitch.

Last edited:
Haiku sounds like he was probably a latent homosexual taking out his island coconut rage on tomato cans across the globe

An actual irl badass would be someone like Goran Dragic. The Dragon would take the UFC strap with literally zero prep time

My dude Chris Childs is another apex level badass

giphy.gif

Maybe not the toughest, but worthy of mention.

Bernard Hinault rode off a mountain and hit a tree. He just got up, got a new bike and still won the race.

A few years later he smashed his face in a sprint and got back up to finish the Tour de France stage. THe next day he had ride over 5 mountains over 130miles. He still won the tour de France.

IMG_3924.JPG

Back