the top 5 G'n'P fighters of all time?

Shogun is nro 1 if soccer kicks and stomps are allowed

GSP has some of the best GNP-technique I've seen, but obviously not the power and finishing ability like the others mentioned in this thread. I remember him finishing Sherk and Hughes with elbows on the ground, absolutely brutal.

legit lol @ having khabib on that list. guy has spent probably more time in a dominant position than anyone in the last 5 years of mma and he has how many ground and pound stoppages exactly??

Mark Coleman
Mark Kerr
Tito Ortiz
Fedor
Cain

Jones had flashes but he rarely used it in recent years.

Khabib is also half the size of the fighters you mentioned. Finishing high level 155ers with GNP is extremely hard.

Khabib doesn't get finishes. So he shouldn't be on this list.

Any top 5 GnP list that doesn't have Tito Ortiz on it is a joke.

Great answers so far.

Anderson deserves a mention. His GNP is as accurate as his striking.

Ask Marquardt, Hendo, Okami, Vitor, and Irvin. All finished within 2 rounds.
Hendo wsa choked
And Feetor was..well you get it

Cro Cop is underrated in this segment....whenever he was on top, he was brutal....

gonzaga-cut.jpg

Fedor against Nog and Herring was a terror on top. Watch one of his seminars online (the one he does with Jacare) and listen to the sound when he hits the mits from guard position compared to other fighters, including Jacare. He had special power on the ground.

Munoz. Although his MMA wrestling didn't necessarily match his wrestling credentials, he could generate a lot of power on top. The stoppage of Grove was brutal.

Rockhold has a great combination of BJJ and GNP and both are deadly.

Cain is relentless and is very aggressive on the ground. Not afraid to punch and give you space to get back up, because he is so confident he can get you down again.

Jones showed flashes of it. He is so good everywhere that he doesn't need it, i assume.

Cormier has great top control and GNP but in many of his fights he has chosen to go for the RNC for the finish.

Not as much as Fedor haters tho.

And how is that statement not true ? He was a God in gnp. His technique is was thing of beauty.

There was no hug, hug, slip a punch. That fucker would just posture up and start throwing bombs at whoever, big or small.

Amazing technique, amazing aggression and amazing agility.

What makes it even more impressive is that there were NO ELBOWS involved which makes it very very impressive.

Fedr fans are BY FAR the most insecure fans in all of MMA. Any time a great fighter wins a big fight they start countless threads about why Fedor is better. They are the type of fans to go into a "Platinum Perry is GOAT" thread and explain why Fedor is better.

And what you said was fucking retarded! "There is only Fedor"? Fuck off you idiot! Fedor had great GnP (although clearly you don't even understand it with your "posture up and start throwing bombs shit) but there are plenty of other fighters who did more damage with GnP then Fedor did. LOL "only Fedor"

Also i am far from a Fedor hater. I probably have him as the greatest fighter ever

Fedr fans are BY FAR the most insecure fans in all of MMA. Any time a great fighter wins a big fight they start countless threads about why Fedor is better. They are the type of fans to go into a "Platinum Perry is GOAT" thread and explain why Fedor is better.

And what you said was fucking retarded! "There is only Fedor"? Fuck off you idiot! Fedor had great GnP (although clearly you don't even understand it with your "posture up and start throwing bombs shit) but there are plenty of other fighters who did more damage with GnP then Fedor did. LOL "only Fedor"

Also i am far from a Fedor hater. I probably have him as the greatest fighter ever

Fedor is SPECIFICALLY known for his vicious ground and pound.

They used to say Coleman is the godfather of ground and pound but Fedor perfected it. It was a thing.

Ironically enough it is you who is insecure and jumped the gun without thinking.

If this was a high kicking thread and I said Fedor, then you would be right. But gnp is Fedor's bread and butter and you sir are a buffoon.

Only got thru 1st page. All good choices. Saw no mention of Shogun. His GnP has bounced various fighters heads off the canvas.

That's a hard question to answer. I would probably go with
1. Cain
2. Jones
3. Fedor

There are guys that had flashes of brilliant GNP like Rashad and Yoel, but they aren't consistent like those three.

Only got thru 1st page. All good choices. Saw no mention of Shogun. His GnP has bounced various fighters heads off the canvas.
I could see him up there too. He had a very aggressive top game back in the day. Maybe the most aggressive of anyone named.

Fedor is SPECIFICALLY known for his vicious ground and pound.

They used to say Coleman is the godfather of ground and pound but Fedor perfected it. It was a thing.

Ironically enough it is you who is insecure and jumped the gun without thinking.

If this was a high kicking thread and I said Fedor, then you would be right. But gnp is Fedor's bread and butter and you sir are a buffoon.

Fedor had great GnP (you seem to think i am saying he doesn't). But plenty of others have more damaging GnP and have KOs, TKOs etc from GnP that Fedor didn't have. If you put a list of 5 and put Fedor at top then fine. But for you to say something as fucking stupid as "There is only Fedor" makes you sound retarded. Fedor is NOT in a class by himself when it comes to GnP. Someone like Jones or Shogun uses GnP LESS then Fedor, but have plenty more finishes from GnP then Fedor did. What about Cain? He damaged his opponents far more then Fedor did with GnP.

Also fuck off with that Fedor perfected GnP bullshit. Hell his first loss was because he was carelessly trying to GnP Werdum and paid for it.

"There is only Fedor" haha. Fuck off with that shit. You seem like one of those "fans" that only praises Fedor because it will make you look like a "hardcore" fan

Back