the top 5 G'n'P fighters of all time?

How has Rockhold not been mentioned?
Because hes more about control. He lands well because of the great positions he can hold

In terms of landing shots from any angle above - the likes of Jones, Romero, Fedor etc will murder stomp you if they get on top of you in anyway, shape or form.

Prime Tito Ortiz would have taken Jon down and jacked him up with elbows from guard.

Prime Tito Ortiz would have taken Jon down and jacked him up with elbows from guard.

I disagree but prime Tito Ortiz’ bodylock rag doll takedowns to half guard elbows combo would destroy a lot of fighters in that division today.

qssgsm.jpg

In no certain order
Coleman
Fedor
Jones
Tito
Cain

Honorable mentions
Lee
Khabib
Shogun

I'm sure there are plenty I forgot.

Because hes more about control. He lands well because of the great positions he can hold

In terms of landing shots from any angle above - the likes of Jones, Romero, Fedor etc will murder stomp you if they get on top of you in anyway, shape or form.

Lol what? Have you watched Rockhold fight? He has mauled everyone he gets down, BJJ black belts or not.

legit lol @ having khabib on that list. guy has spent probably more time in a dominant position than anyone in the last 5 years of mma and he has how many ground and pound stoppages exactly??

Mark Coleman
Mark Kerr
Tito Ortiz
Fedor
Cain

Jones had flashes but he rarely used it in recent years.

1. Tito Ortiz
2. Mark Coleman
3. Khabib Nurmagomedov
4. Brock Lesnar
5. GSP

Jones
Khabib
Tito
Coleman
Fedor

In no particular order

Kawajiri is an incredible GNP artist. He mastered the art of death by 1000 cuts. He simply overwhelms opponents by never giving up position, and slowly overwhelming them.

Cain, Fedor, Jones, and Tito all pull ahead of the rest imo

The fact that no one's mentioned Joe Riggs yet is disconcerting. He has, by far, the most numerous and emphatic GnP stoppage wins of any fighter I can think of off the top of my head. The fact that he decided to pursue a stand up style with a dodgy chin still baffles me.

Anderson low key has some of the best GnP of all time, he takes his time and his precision is precise, Joe

Depends on the rules, Kerr implanting his knee into someone's face while he smothers him is different than, say, Rockhold and his more technical approach.

holy shit, i can't think of any other examples where a dude gets GnP the hell outta their body like that. If you watch in super slow motion, you can pinpoint the little moments where pieces of his soul dies from each body blow.

Disciplined Rampage is LHW GOAT

Random order:
Fedor, Cain, Khabib, GSP, Rampage (vs Chuck)

Last edited:
Back